TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Boo_Bradley

Goonies Pt 2

Guest Boo_Bradley

Another big sequel...

Richard Donner recently told MTV.com that Steven Spielberg is still very interested in doing a sequel to The Goonies if Warner Bros. approves.

The sequel would bring back the original cast which included Sean Astin, Corey Feldman, Josh Brolin, and others.

"The new group is called the Groonies, because they happen to live in a town where [Data], the Chinese kid, lives ... and he's got an electronics repair shop and all the kids hang out at his shop. He has this Chinese accent and he calls the Goonies the Groonies, and so the new kids call themselves the Groonies, until they get into a situation where the old Goonies have to save the new Groonies, or vice versa."

Credit: MTV.com

Guest wrestlingbs

Goonies is my favoriite cult classic.

But no Groonies, please. Lucas aready tainted Star Wars with Jar Jar and CGI.

Guest El Satanico

I actually have no problem with this...so far.

They seem to be concerned about respecting the original, by bringing the original cast back. They don't appear to be pissing on the fans of the original, by making crazy changes(ala The Lost Girls).

Of course, all of this could change, but for now I'm pleased.

Guest FrigidSoul

I hope they have Chunk die which leads to Sloth going insane and killing everybody.

No.

My exact response when I read the thread title. There is absoultely no reason to even mess with the Goonies name. It's become a cult classic over the years and doing anything further with it would be a travesty. And do I even have to mention that the guy who played Sloth isn't even alive now? Stupid idea if this goes through.

Well, there goes another childhood favorite, just rape my treasured memories of my youth for a couple of bucks. J ust think, by the time this is released, the anti-piracy commerials will be realy damn bad.

I don't care if they do it. I don't think Goonies is classic on the level that it's insulting to do anything with it ever again. And even if it were, it won't hurt the original. No remake or belated sequel ever has, to my knowledge.

Oh no, and I'm not a big Goonies fan (the better half is though and I've seen this f*cking movie 10,000 times).

Have any of you seen what the "Goonies" look like now? Old, fat, bald -- check it out on the commentary track where they show them talking.

Maybe this time they can include the sea monster, or perhaps have all the cops hold walkie talkies instead of guns...

Guest subliminal_animal
And do I even have to mention that the guy who played Sloth isn't even alive now?

Why did he kill himself?

And do I even have to mention that the guy who played Sloth isn't even alive now?

Why did he kill himself?

Seriously, It won't be hard to replace the guy who played Sloth. It's never hard to replace characters in heavy make up.

It's like the later Universal Frankenstein movies, who ever fits the costume gets the role.

Oh and BTW Chunk was the best Goonie IMO.

Guest El Satanico

There's nothing saying Sloth will be returning.

As long as they keep the spirit of the original, I don't see anything wrong with this. I just like that the original group of kids will be involved with it.

Do the truffle shuffle!

:wiggles:

I was at Times Square the other day, and passed by a little store called 42nd Square, where they sell comic and tv show characters t-shirts, and I saw a Goonies Truffle Shuffle shirt. I was on the verge of buying it, but bought a Family Guy shirt instead.

And have anybody in the Goonies have an actual career besides Astin?

And have anybody in the Goonies have an actual career besides Astin?

Feldman had some initial success for about 5 years following Goonies, before the burnout

It's just that Astin has had the bigger long term career, albeit with only two real defining roles beyond Mikey (Rudy and Samwise)

Though that's only if you limit it to the kids and exclude Davi and Pantoliano, who've had decent careers since.

Guest El Satanico

The kids who didn't have much of a career after Goonies are Chunk, Data and Andy.

Mikey by far had the best career, but Brand, Mouth and Stef have had decent careers.