TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bruiser Chong

The Critic on DVD Release Date/Details

As most of you know, the short-lived animated series, The Critic was announced as getting the DVD treatment in the near future, and along with a release date, cover art and details on the set have been issued.

Click here for the cover art.

Today is finally the day that Columbia Tristar Home Entertainment announces The Critic - The Complete Series. Jon Lovitz is the animated Jay Sherman, a TV movie critic who is forced to review the most pathetic films, which he always rates as "It stinks." In addition to the film parodies, the show also deals with his personal life: working for a tyrannical media mogul boss, his lovelife and his family.

This 3-Disc release comes with all 23 episodes, and extensive extras:

-Clip Compilations

-8 Commentaries, featuring Executive Producer Al Jean, Executive Producer Mike Reiss, Co-Producer David Cutler, Director Rich Moore, and Voice Actor Maurice "Jeremy Hawke" LaMarche. In addition, some commentaries include Executive Producer James L. Brooks, Writer Steven Levitan, Voice Actor Nick "Vlada Villamiravitch" Jameson, and Voice Actor Charles "Duke Phillips" Napier.

-New Featurette: "Creating The Critic". Features interviews with James L. Brooks, Al Jean, Mike Reiss, and other co-creators.

-"White Rabbits": Pop-ups during episode 113 which allow you to watch 3 of the scenes in a split-screen fashion. Split-screens show comparisons of storyboards, rough animations, and the as-aired final animated version of the scene.

Set for release on January 27th, this will have a running time of 520 minutes. Fullscreen video will be accompanied by English 2.0 sound. No subtitles are provided, but it will be closed captioned for the hearing impaired. The list price is $49.95.

So mark you calendar, geeks, 1/27/03 will surely be a glorious day, as one of the most-requested animated series is finally delivered in DVD format.

One of the most requested....

PUT DARIA ON DVD

PUT DARIA ON DVD

PUT DARIA ON DVD

PUT DARIA ON DVD

PUT DARIA ON DVD

PUT DARIA ON DVD

PUT DARIA ON DVD

PUT DARIA ON DVD

PUT DARIA ON DVD

PUT DARIA ON DVD

PUT DARIA ON DVD

PUT DARIA ON DVD

For the love of Christ please don't.

PUT DARIA ON DVD

PUT DARIA ON DVD

PUT DARIA ON DVD

PUT DARIA ON DVD

PUT DARIA ON DVD

PUT DARIA ON DVD

For the love of Christ please don't.

*kicks Rant in the junk*

PUT DARIA ON DVD

PUT DARIA ON DVD

PUT DARIA ON DVD

PUT DARIA ON DVD

PUT DARIA ON DVD

PUT DARIA ON DVD

If anything, MAKE IT SEINFELD!!!!!

And this looks sweet.

*marks out*

FINALLY!!!

The Critic is my 3rd favorite animated series of all-time after Clerks and Family Guy, and although I have every episode taped off of Comedy Central, this set is a must-buy for me.

Guest hhheld_down

PUT DARIA ON DVD

PUT DARIA ON DVD

PUT DARIA ON DVD

PUT DARIA ON DVD

PUT DARIA ON DVD

PUT DARIA ON DVD

thank god im not the only one praying for daria dvds... extras would be nice but u could just do what time life did with beavis and butthead and release just the episodes...

Guest Olympic Slam
They still need to put Welcome Back Kotter and ReBoot on DVD

Hellz yeah! Welcome Back Kotter is one of my fave shows ever. People need to experience Travolta as Barbarino. This reminds me, does anyone know if Soap is on DVD? That show rocked my face when it used to be on Nick at Nite way back when.

The problem with Daria on DVD is that they wouldn't use the music and would just go with lame stock music, which annoys me because they had a good idea for what songs were appropriate for which scene, plus the ending credits. Can't wait for the Critic DVD, though, even if I've seen most of the eps.

Oh, and... *Kicks Rant in the junk as well just for good measure.*