TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kaertos

SWF Smarkdown Card

SWF Smarkdown

December 1, 2003

LIVE from the SOLD-OUT United Center in the SWF's hometown, Chicago Illinois!!

Matches (and promos) due by 11 PM on Monday December 1, 2003

Send to: Suicide King

Due to the holidays, many of the SWF superstars were unable to make the trip to Illinois, so this is a short show... but I expect to see promos from lots and lots of people since there are so many of you with the night off without asking! C'mon, there is a PPV right around the corner!!

Singles Match

Terrence "Janus" Bailey v. John "The Sinner" Duran

In a match on Lockdown, Janus and Dace put Va'aiga on the shelf for at least a week. Duran has gotten pretty buddy-buddy with the Maori Badass over the last few weeks and looks to get a little revenge on one part of the Unholy Trinity.

Rules: standard singles match

Word Limit: 3000

Submission Match

The Boston Strangler v. Charlie "The Grappler" Matthews

Matthews made his return just recently, both to the SWF ring and to his very successful "Grappler" gimmick. After a brutal brawl with WildChild on Lockdown, he is looking for a more, shall we say, technical match. Strangler was more than happy to oblige, looking to brush up on his moveset for another un at the main event. But the Big Man from Beantown better not overlook the former SJL Champ, or he will be spending a night in traction...

Rules: The only way to win is by making your opponent submit. Remember, since you can't lose by DQ, ropes will not break holds. The ref does not have to count any submission that happens in the ropes however, so take your chances.

Word Limit: 4500

Send to: Grand Slam

Singles Match

Ejiro Fasaki v. Stryke

Fresh off a loss to Linchpin on Lockdown, Stryke wants to return to the glory of "upper-midcards past". In his way however, is a true master of the squared circle, Ejiro Fasaki, who is looking to make a statement in this match. Who will come out on top? Who knows? What I do know is that the winner will have a ton of momentum going into the year's last Pay-Per-View.

Rules: Standard singles match

Word Limit: 4000

Send to: realitycheck

Singles Rematch

"The Franchise" Mak Francis v. The H-Ville Thugg

Unknown to the viewers on Wednesday, Thugg was delayed by bad weather after a personal appearance in Minnesota and arrived just before his match was to go on. After the match ended, it wasn't three seconds before Thugg was in Grand Slam's office demanding a rematch on Smarkdown. Stevens relented, on the condition that if Thugg loses this one, there will be no rematch. If he wins, Mak gets to choose the time, place and stip of the rubber match.

Word Limit: 4500

Send to: chirs3

Singles Match for the Intercontinental-Television Championship

Xstacy © v. Dace Night

Dace finally cashes in his shot at X's ICTV Title tonght, with the XMas PPV just around the corner! And there is no way that X can be 100% after the Tables Match with Tom Flesher on Wednesday, so it looks like Dace has a good shot at his first ICTV Title. But... the ever-amazing X has overcome bigger odds that this so nothing, and I mean nothing, is certain!

Word Limit: 5500

I was actually expecting my HCG title shot on this show. Ah well.

*cracks knuckles* Duran is the deadz0rs.

Edit: What THE.....3000 word limit? THe hell? Is this meant to be a squash?? :huh:

You're forgetting, Janice, that it's Thanksgiving weekend here in the States. The card's got short limits all around to give people a bit of a break.

You're forgetting, Janice, that it's Thanksgiving weekend here in the States. The card's got short limits all around to give people a bit of a break.

:P

Up against Ejiro Fasaki for the first time, this would be hard enough if i wasn't rusty and sick as hell. Though with one exception i seem to write better against tougher opponents, so i'll certainly see if i can pull something decent out.

At the very least i can take the "Stryke's not no-showing anymore, no really, i mean it this time" streak to two matches.

Don't rush this ass-whippin', son. You'll job to me soon enough... :P

Or are you really in that big of a hurry to be number eight?

Don't rush this ass-whippin', son. You'll job to me soon enough... :P

Or are you really in that big of a hurry to be number eight?

I'm going to take you DOWN, Dub Cee ;)

On another note, no surprised that I'm finished my match, is it?

Two things...

If we make the due times earlier, everyone complains they don't have the time to finish the matches, and in fact there are some people in the Fed where a 6 PM due time is about 1 in the afternoon. But, I tend to agree, I personally like earlier due times, but I bend to the will of the Fed.

The other is that King may be sick, which is why the show is not up yet. I know he has not been feeling well lately, and he did not show up for Raw last night. Thus, I think this may be more illness related than anything else.

Dude...I wasn't really trying to bust CC's chops for not getting the show up on time. I was actually pointing out that the due times should be earlier, and that I know CC made them later cause people complained. Personally, I don't understand...people complain when the shows don't get up on time, but you complain the due time is too early. I don't understand why, if 5pm EST happens to be 1 in the afternoon for someone, why can't that person just do their match the night before. It's those few people that mess it up for the majority because they can't do their match more than 5 minutes before it's due. Come on guys...CC has it hard enough, why do we make them stay up all ours of the night marking matches and such because we can't manage our time correctly. The due times should be 5pm, giving CC time to mark them and get a show/card up at a reasonable hour, and not have to be up till 4am. They have to work and have lives as well (except maybe Z), and it's not really fair to them. Also, when we make these due times so late, the card doesn't go up until the next day, giving EVERYONE one less day to write.

I just think the due times are utterly ridiculous, but I don't blame CC, I blame everyone else.

Da "stop being selfish" H

Guest Suicide King

Crap. Show going up now. I was in fact sick last night, but I also thought the show was tonight. if I wasn't sick I would have checked though, so blame both. and the jews. and homosexuals. and the sun was in my eyes. and the vast right wing media conspiracy.

HEY!!

Now, you know us colored folk were there in all the meetings...and you know you couldn't have pulled it off without the negros.

It's fine though, we will secretly feel good about yet another unnoticed accomplishment.

Da "held down by da man" H