TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iliketurtles

Moondog Spot dies in the ring

Moondog Spot, real name Larry Booker, collapsed in the ring during tonight's event at the Mid South Coliseum in Memphis and was taken from the building by ambulance and transported to Methodist Central Hospital.

Efforts to revive him were unsuccessful and he passed away shortly after suffering the collapse.

His family was with him at the show and accompanied him to the hospital.

Spot had been a legendary figure in the Tennessee area for years and had also wrestled as Larry Latham.

The entire staff of 1Wrestling.com sends condolences to the family of Moondog Spot.

Damn.

Weird. And I just watched the Honky Tonk Man shoot the other day where he talks about teaming w/ Larry, the Tupelo concession stand brawl, etc. Well, he's in a better place now.

I saw him on TNA earlier this year, and... well, I'm not going to lie or gloss it over. He was terrible. Even then, it was nice to see him still around, and 50 is STILL too damn young. RIP, Spot.

I got to meet him briefly in Memphis a couple summers ago and he wrestled semi-regularly for LAW in southeast Missouri earlier this year so I've seen him maybe 6-8 times and the guy was still insanely over.

A fun brawler and seemed like a nice guy. He'll definitely be missed down here.

Guest Dynamite Kido

This stuff is horrible. All these wrestlers dying young isn't right. But unfortunately, it's a reality.

RIP

Moondoggy