TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Slingshot Suplex

Shannon Ward/Daffney released

from 1Wrestling.com

WWE has released Shannon Ward from her developmental deal. Ward had been working in OVW as Lucy, managing Southern tag team champions Nova & The Idol (Aaron Stevens). She had also worked Ring of Honor. Her biggest claim to fame, though, was her run in WCW as Daffney. Ward is scheduled to appear at the final OVW TV taping of the year on 12/10, where presumably she will be written out of storylines.

She may have been a bit player but I liked her in WCW and was looking to see what they did with her in WWE.

from 1Wrestling.com

WWE has released Shannon Ward from her developmental deal. Ward had been working in OVW as Lucy, managing Southern tag team champions Nova & The Idol (Aaron Stevens). She had also worked Ring of Honor. Her biggest claim to fame, though, was her run in WCW as Daffney. Ward is scheduled to appear at the final OVW TV taping of the year on 12/10, where presumably she will be written out of storylines.

She may have been a bit player but I liked her in WCW and was looking to see what they did with her in WWE.

Five bucks says creative "couldn't think of anything for her"

Should have brought her in to kick Stacy's ass and let her take over managing Steiner/Test.

2GOLD, I'll take your money ... the correct answer would have been "she wasn't blonde hair/blue eye/fake rack attractive so we couldn't think of anything for her". You get partial credit, but I'm sure if she signed up for the boobie upgrade, she'd still be employed.

Hell, I didn't even know she was under contract.

Her, Victoria and Stevie Richards would have been a pretty good combo.

Yeah, they would have been for sure.

All decent workers, and would have produced some great segments.

This is somewhat dissapointing but everyone must realize something. There will almost always be only one women's match on raw. This means they only have room for so many wrestlers, I am not considering the fluffers in this. Jazz has been good to go for over a month and they still do not have a place for her. Another woman would just clog up the scene even more.

Guest Coffey

Well, I think it's good news. I should've elaborated earlier, so let me explain myself.

Alright, first off, what would "Daffney" do in the WWE? There are only two options. Either she would compete in the Women's Division, or should would become a valet. Neither do I want to watch on WWE television.

Do you want to watch her job to Gail Kim? Do you want to see people like Scott Steiner & Test take advantage of her (in storylines)? I don't.

Personally, I think that she would be better off returning to NWA:TNA. Maybe that's just me. When she was there before, she was doing ignorant strip matches with Francine. Now, perhaps she could be used decently in storylines, or as a competitor against Trinity for awhile.

I'm not trying to say that if she was in the WWE nothing good would come of her. I just don't think that's true. I'm just saying, after watching her wrestle Molly, Jazz, Victoria & possibly Trish...then what?

I don't have any confidence in the WWE creative.

Was she even in TNA past that stupid Week 2 Lingerie Battle Royal or whatever? I have all the early shows on tape, and the only Francine feud I remember is the one with Jasmin St. Claire.

She'll also probably wind up in ROH, as CM Punk's angle there is still having to do with Lucy getting "attacked" (I presume it was the angle that wrote her out of ROH).

Guest Coffey

The "Lingerie Battle Royal" is what I was talking about actually. The week previous they were all in the ring trying to "promote" the match that would happen the following week.

Then the match happened. Francine was pretty much the only woman in the match that people knew. Ugly ass Electra was there, along with Daffney.

When Daffney got eliminated, I don't even think it was commented on. She wasn't even looked at like a competitor, despite the fact that she was probably the most well known of all the women.

That was the last that I saw of her in NWA:TNA.

So, if she returned, maybe she would be used better this time around. I have more confidence in that maybe than I do with WWE maybes.

Guest Deviant

This is freaking great for Ring of Honor, who were running a "Who attacked Lucy to take her out of ROH?" angle that promises to conclude in the very near future. Now they can have Ward herself return.

Not to derail the thread, but Coffey's banner made me realize that Raven looks like one of the Headbangers now. Right down to the face paint. Thrasher, I believe, did the triangles under the eyes, no?

Sorry if this has already been stated before.

Is NWA-TNA even featuring the women division at all anymore? They can't seem to find a spot for a good worker like Daizee Haze so I don't figure they'd do more with Ward than stick her in Raven's stable as a replacement for Alexis.

Guest MikeSC

Yeah, they would have been for sure.

All decent workers, and would have produced some great segments.

Um, little question:

In what alternate reality was Daffney (or whatever her name is now) a "decent" worker?

She could do a hurricanrana. Joy. She's Lita part deux.

I will NEVER get the Daffney love. From what I saw of her, Gail Kim is more competent in the ring.

-=Mike

Shannon Ward as Daffney was a great character. If Lita can have a job on Raw why can't Ward be her evil sister.

THAT would have been fun. Matt debuts her in a mixed tag with Lita and whomever and they sell it as Lita's evil goth sister.

I can't ever remember ever seeing Daffney wrestle but I really liked her character too. I always thought she was entertaining.

Guest netslob

When in doubt attack Trish.

care to explain how what he said had ANYTHING AT ALL to do with Trish

EDIT: oops, i just realized what you meant...sorry, my bad...(*whistles*)

When in doubt attack Trish.

care to explain how what he said had ANYTHING AT ALL to do with Trish

EDIT: oops, i just realized what you meant...sorry, my bad...(*whistles*)

It would have given Shannon "Daffney" Ward something to do.

I think you read the report wrong. The report is actually CODE for:

Daphney was released..........from the plastic surgeon's office after completing breast augmentation, permanent blonde dye job, push-up bra fitting, and laser eye blue dye surgery.