TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Smues

Saddam possibly captured

Well, I still think Bushie is a dipshit. That's all.

You watch too much CNN ...

I don't get cable.

EDIT: After some consideration, I wonder about you SideFX. You seem to be the most partison guy on the board, and that's saying a lot.

Between you and Marney, I wonder whose nipples got the hardest when they heard the news this morning. I got money on you.

Guest JMA
I guess it was too much to expect this not to turn into a partisan issue. Oh well...

At least people can rest easy knowing Saddam has been brought to justice.

If you want to chat to people about the world today without a political edge, General Chat is right over here. :)

I don't mind political edge. Really. I just thought today people could put that aside.

Guest MikeSC

I don't get cable.

EDIT: After some consideration, I wonder about you SideFX. You seem to be the most partison guy on the board, and that's saying a lot.

Between you and Marney, I wonder whose nipples got the hardest when they heard the news this morning. I got money on you.

Judging by their reaction, the Iraqi people probably take that nod.

But, hey, who cares about THEM, right?

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC

I don't get cable.

-=Mike

I don't get cable.

-=Mike

I am sure our administration didn't care that much, considering they have said numerous times that catching Saddam doesn't really matter, yet I am sure the capture will be used more then the explanation as to the debacle in Afganistan.

I don't get cable.

-=Mike

You sure don't you RACIST...

I don't get cable.

-=Mike

I am sure our administration didn't care that much, considering they have said numerous times that catching Saddam doesn't really matter, yet I am sure the capture will be used more then the explanation as to the debacle in Afganistan.

Debacle in Afganistan? We aren't doing THAT bad over there. Are you referring to Osama then? Because hey, if that's the only gripe you have on this whole war against Terror you really have your priorities messed up.

Guest MikeSC

What debacle in Afghanistan? Taliban out of power, Al Qaeda routed --- yup, THAT is a debacle right there.

You know, I was reading the blog at Dean's web site and it blows my mind how completely out of touch you people on the left are.

In 2004, when Dean is soundly and thoroughly trashed, I am sure you will have no clue how it happened --- or you'll go to the old stand-by of "image over substance".

We did a good thing today. We did something that we seldom get to do --- we captured an EVIL man and will FORCE him to face JUSTICE. We removed the spectre of his return from the minds of Iraq.

But, hey, keep focusing on the negative. It's all the left has nowadays.

-=Mike

You know, I was reading the blog at Dean's web site and it blows my mind how completely out of touch you people on the left are.

You people?

And what exactly does THAT mean?

Guest JMA
Racism.

OMG BAN PLZ~!

Edit:... wait a sec, The Left is a race now? Shit, Mike is right...

I think he was joking...

Racism.

OMG BAN PLZ~!

Edit:... wait a sec, The Left is a race now? Shit, Mike is right...

I think he was joking...

As was I. :P

Guest JMA
I bet the democrats just love this news. Another issue shot all to hell. WMD where abouts soon to follow. Oh darn there goes another issue. Reduction of attacks on American G.I. Darn another isssue gone.

Economy roaring ahead...

I give you the post responsible for turning this thread into what it is now.

I don't get cable.

Wow. That's something to be proud of, Rob...

What debacle in Afghanistan? Taliban out of power, Al Qaeda routed --- yup, THAT is a debacle right there.

In 2004, when Dean is soundly and thoroughly trashed, I am sure you will have no clue how it happened --- or you'll go to the old stand-by of "image over substance".

We did a good thing today. We did something that we seldom get to do --- we captured an EVIL man and will FORCE him to face JUSTICE. We removed the spectre of his return from the minds of Iraq.

But, hey, keep focusing on the negative. It's all the left has nowadays.

-=Mike

Who said I support Dean? Who said I didn't think Dean was going to be trounced? I have never even been to his website.

The situation in Afganistan is up for debate, but please don't write me in as a Dean supporter.

Who said I support Dean? Who said I didn't think Dean was going to be trounced? I have never even been to his website.

The situation in Afganistan is up for debate, but please don't write me in as a Dean supporter.

Wow. A smart democrat :P. Whouda thunk it? Do you support Kerry, Gephardt, Lieberman, etc?

Indeed you could debate Afganistan, but in a country that completely lacks any form of infrastructure and almost Middle Age-ish technology, how much CAN you do?

Who said I support Dean?  Who said I didn't think Dean was going to be trounced?  I have never even been to his website.

Wow. A smart democrat :P. Whouda thunk it? Do you support Kerry, Gephardt, Lieberman, etc?

Indeed you could debate Afganistan, but in a country that completely lacks any form of infrastructure and almost Middle Age-ish technology, how much CAN you do?

I really have no idea who I support really. I don't vote down party lines by any means, however at my age I have only been able to vote a few times. I mean I don't HATE Dean or anything, but I don't necessarily think he is so great, just cause I agree with him on most social issues. Oh and no I am not a "smart democrat" I am an independent.

Guest Cerebus
Who said I support Dean?  Who said I didn't think Dean was going to be trounced?  I have never even been to his website.

I really have no idea who I support really. I don't vote down party lines by any means, however at my age I have only been able to vote a few times. I mean I don't HATE Dean or anything, but I don't necessarily think he is so great, just cause I agree with him on most social issues. Oh and no I am not a "smart democrat" I am an independent.

Like Michael Moore? :P

Guest TheArchiteck

Bah, the far right conservatives run this board too.

People are too quick to say...

"I told you so! Bush is GOD! Democrats are idiots!!"

Its like that on damn near every msgboard I've seen, well maybe just two.

Terrorists aren't a threat to the U.S?

Man, you learned nothing from 9/11, did you?

It seems most of these men have absolutely nothing to do with Saddam Hussein. They're poorly organized and are far from Al-Qaeda standards. Direct threat, my ass.

And all it took were 3,000+ innocent Iraqis and 455 (and counting) coalition troops!

It seems most of these men have absolutely nothing to do with Saddam Hussein. They're poorly organized and are far from Al-Qaeda standards. Direct threat, my ass.

What ARE Al-Qaeda standards, first off? And personally they don't seem like a rabble: The do seem organized to an extent, just when you try to engage the US Military you never really look good. I'd say these are probably Al-Qaeda members, though they probably just aren't veterans.

And all it took were 3,000+ innocent Iraqis and 455 (and counting) coalition troops!

Well, considering that this also comes with a newly freed Iraq, I'd say those casualties are worth it. I'm sure there are a lot of Iraqis who would agree with me as well.

Guest MikeSC
Bah, the far right conservatives run this board too.

People are too quick to say...

"I told you so! Bush is GOD! Democrats are idiots!!"

Its like that on damn near every msgboard I've seen, well maybe just two.

You know, nobody asked you to join. Nobody is asking you to stay.

If it bugs you, you can always go elsewhere.

We wouldn't miss you.

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC

Bush was discussing terrorism --- which Hussein DID support financially (Palestinians aren't exactly thrilled by the news and are going to claim we don't actually have him). You said it was, and I quote here, "BULL. SHIT."

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC

Ah, so those less than 4000 deaths are bad --- but the couple of hundred thousand people he killed for years isn't too big a deal.

Left-wing concern --- gotta love it.

-=Mike

I'll try and pull this back on topic a bit.

Today Bush announced that Hussein's ultimate fate will be decided by the Iraqis in some sort of Iraqi trial. While I think this is what should happen, I also feel that the US should hang on to Hussein for at least a little bit and see what sort of information they can get out of him. If he can provide information on Bin Laden and Al Queda, that's more valuable than having him tried and executed as quickly as possible. But having him eventually tried in Iraq is both the right thing to do politically and morally, since the majority of his crimes were commited against the Iraqi people.