TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Smues

Saddam possibly captured

Please don't bring that moron's point of view into this. If Gore had done it he would still be cleaning the mess up in his pants.

I just wanted to show that the reaction that was predicted from the left -- basically, "OMG WHERE IS BIN LADEN~!??!!? TEH PREZIDENT IS TEH SUX0RZ LOL2K3~!!!!!1!!!1!!1!" -- is the one that we're actually getting. Like I said, it's nothing unexpected, but it might get some more discussion going here, so I used it.

BTW, Eric's not a moron. I disagree with almost everything he says politically, but he's no fool.

Guest Salacious Crumb
Please don't bring that moron's point of view into this.  If Gore had done it he would still be cleaning the mess up in his pants.

I just wanted to show that the reaction that was predicted from the left -- basically, "OMG WHERE IS BIN LADEN~!??!!? TEH PREZIDENT IS TEH SUX0RZ LOL2K3~!!!!!1!!!1!!1!" -- is the one that we're actually getting. Like I said, it's nothing unexpected, but it might get some more discussion going here, so I used it.

BTW, Eric's not a moron. I disagree with almost everything he says politically, but he's no fool.

Yes but statements like this make him look like one. I hope all the Democratic echo his statements so Bush easily gets back into the White House in 04.

Just to clarify, I didn't mind the Iraqi Conflict casualties. Its the deaths following May 1, 2003 that bother me.

And for the far left point of view, we now turn you over to Eric Szulczewski's BlackLog at 411:

Nothing unexpected.

Speak for yourself there, General.

He only said "Junta" three times.

I was expecting at least a baker's dozen...

Guest MikeSC
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA..

First of all, 15,000 american soldiers died in Vietnam in 1968 ALONE. The peace movement of the 60's was the result of those mass numbers of people dying. Nearly 6,000 in '66, 10,000 in 1967 and 1969. The protestors in the 60's had a valid fucking reason for protesting, and anything that happens in the next few months in Iraq is nothing.

Secondly, "comflict".

Umm, let's be honest. The entire peace movement was done SOLELY because of the draft. They didn't want "peace", they didn't want to be drafted. I have no problem with that desire --- but let's not mis-label what they did.

After all, when the draft ended (but the Vietnam War didn't), the protests ended rather quickly.

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC
Nothing unexpected.

Doesn't the douche have some rotting meat to approve for children's consumption or something?

You know, I get a lot of Scott Keith hatred from people on other boards --- but THIS epic douchebag seems to have gotten off scot-free.

Let's remember, he was the guy who CELEBRATED the death of Barbara Olsen on 9/11.

-=Mike

Guest BDC
I'll wait until they find Bin Laden to be impressed.

Yeah, and when that happens, it'll be "Oh, I'll wait until the Palestinians get rid of Israel to be impressed."

Guest Cerebus
And for the far left point of view, we now turn you over to Eric Szulczewski's BlackLog at 411:

Nothing unexpected.

Does this idiot even know what "junta" means?

Guest MikeSC

Nothing unexpected.

Does this idiot even know what "junta" means?

Heck, the far left still has a hard time condemning the atrocities of Communist countries. They are almost funny at this point.

-=Mike

The icing on the cake for Bush's reelection will be the death or capture of Bin Laden right about the time of the Republican convention. I'm calling it right know, just to spite all the Bush haters.

Nothing unexpected.

Doesn't the douche have some rotting meat to approve for children's consumption or something?

I took a knee.

Post of the day.

Well, in the great string of accomplishments it's.... It's the prize they went in for in the first place?

They got the man they were looking for. It'll be interesting to see if they ever see the WMDs they told the rest of the world was the official reason to go in, or with Bush Daddy's old job done they just rebuilding and forget about the whole WMD thing.

Guest JMA

I guess it was too much to expect this not to turn into a partisan issue. Oh well...

At least people can rest easy knowing Saddam has been brought to justice.

I'm eager for one of these news agencies to point out to me the irony of Saddam, once so proud in his palaces of opulent build, being discovered in a dingy hole with not so much as an ivory placemat to call his own. I suspect that this would help put Saddam's downfall into perspective for me and potentially curtail my own plans of someday becoming dictator of a volatile Middle Eastern country.

Hey well none of this matters anyways. I am watching this show on the History Channel talking about how things that have been happening were all predicted by this "Bible Code".

Bible Code predicts that a Comet will annihilate Earth in 2012. SO why bother arguing about this garbage?

Party til we die baby!!!!

I'm eager for one of these news agencies to point out to me the irony of Saddam, once so proud in his palaces of opulent build, being discovered in a dingy hole with not so much as an ivory placemat to call his own. I suspect that this would help put Saddam's downfall into perspective for me and potentially curtail my own plans of someday becoming dictator of a volatile Middle Eastern country.

And the fact that Saddam stated that he would not go down without a fight and would rather die and become a martyr than be captured.

.....and then his capture went down without a single shot being fired.

I suspect that this would help put Saddam's downfall into perspective for me and potentially curtail my own plans of someday becoming dictator of a volatile Middle Eastern country.

Luckily this doesn't curtail my plans to become a dictator in a small former Eastern Bloc country.

Please don't bring that moron's point of view into this.  If Gore had done it he would still be cleaning the mess up in his pants.

Just out of curiousity, what exactly makes you think that he isn't a moron? Not saying that he is, I just got that he's a very bitter dude.

EDIT: The second part I posted was in the wrong thread. My bad.

Edited by Your Paragon of Virtue

Guest Quik

YAY! THEY GOT HIM! WHOO!

Finally, the victims of 9/11 will get some sense of closure now that the man responsible for the attacks and... wait a minute. Wasn't it Saddam who organized the tugboat suicide mission on the USS Cole? ooh, wait. Well, it WAS Saddam who organized the hijackings at least, right? Uh... well. When did we make that transition from trying to capture Bin Ladin to capturing Saddam? Oh yeah; when Bush realized he couldn't get Bin Ladin. Yeah.

Fuck George Bush. Fuck the 2 party system. No, not "Fuck America". Fuck certain aspects of the government.

Well, I was outside when he gave that speech today, so I just watched it. It sounded very Presidential, short and simple sentences that he could pull off without looking foolish.

I have to hand it to him. It was all very good. Up until this very point:

We still face terrorists who would rather go on killing the innocent than accept the rise of liberty in the heart of the Middle East. Such men are a direct threat to the American people

BULL. SHIT.

Guest MikeSC
Well, I was outside when he gave that speech today, so I just watched it. It sounded very Presidential, short and simple sentences that he could pull off without looking foolish.

I have to hand it to him. It was all very good. Up until this very point:

We still face terrorists who would rather go on killing the innocent than accept the rise of liberty in the heart of the Middle East. Such men are a direct threat to the American people

BULL. SHIT.

Terrorists aren't a threat to the U.S?

Man, you learned nothing from 9/11, did you?

When people bitch that Bush might have known about 9/11 ahead of time (a BS conspiracy, mind you), THIS is the kind of thing I point to:

Let's say he DID know. Let's say he knew WHEN and WHERE it would happen.

Do you have any idea how many people wouldn't believe him?

-=Mike

Guest JMA
Well, I still think Bushie is a dipshit. That's all.

You watch too much CNN ...

OMG! COMMIE NEWS NETWORK!!!1111~~~~