TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

Regarding Name Changes

A request: could we require everyone who gets their name change to actually post the damn change in a thread? Like, a OAO Name Change thread. Thanks to rampant namechanging, I now don't know who the fuck half of you are. (It took me FOREVER to figure out that Squirtle was Inc, plus Banky's names-of-the-week always confuse me.)

Just reading this thread isn't enough to keep up with people, as the old name isn't listed after the switch; if I hadn't seen Sandman ask for his new ambiguously gay name, I wouldn't have any idea who our new (childlike) Princess is.

Just out of curiosity, once everyone gets their desired name change, will there be another freeze on the name changes? I don't mind so much having to figure out who a lot of these people are, but I'd like to keep it to a minimum if possible.

A request: could we require everyone who gets their name change to actually post the damn change in a thread?

No, I don't think we could require that. What would be done if they didn't? Ban them? I think not. A better bet would be to start that thread yourself and request that it be pinned. Most would log their name changes as a courtesy, given the opportunity.

We'll leave it up to the posters to find out who-is-who if the name has been radically altered (such as Sandman's new name).

I don't see name changes as a problem for the board or the posters. Otherwise we wouldn't have changed some folks' names in this thread who have asked for us to do so recently.

It might be an inconvenience for some and I apologize for that but currently I don't see this as being a problem but rather a minor nuisance.

Guest Bottled Black

Or posters with recently changed names could note it somehow under their avatar. Like mine says Munky No More

Just a question, is it against the rules to take the name of a PBP? If so, can you tweak the name, or change it slightly?

Guest FrigidSoul
Just a question, is it against the rules to take the name of a PBP? If so, can you tweak the name, or change it slightly?

Nice Gheyme Adam

I quoted it so you bastards don't change my name to that.

Just a question, is it against the rules to take the name of a PBP?  If so, can you tweak the name, or change it slightly?

Nice Gheyme Adam

I quoted it so you bastards don't change my name to that.

OMG FLAME BAITING!!!!11!!!

Anyway, I'm over it. Do you even know who Gheyme was? It was a reasonable question until you fucked around with it.

Not really. I was debating a name change with Sandman, and we were going through possible names, and a PBP's name came up. I wondered if someone was allowed to change their name to that of a PBP's, so I asked. Pretty simple.

Guest FrigidSoul
Just a question, is it against the rules to take the name of a PBP?  If so, can you tweak the name, or change it slightly?

Nice Gheyme Adam

OMG FLAME BAITING!!!!11!!!

Anyway, I'm over it. Do you even know who Gheyme was?

Yes I do. He was around for about 2 months after I joined up before he got banned. I find him to be absolutely sick and I feel bad for the neighborhood children near him. Sooner or later I wouldn't be surprised if he molets and kills a little boy. He fits the profile.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I never had a problem with the guy, though I also never gave him my phone number or any other personal information.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Oh, he made a few passes at me on here, but that's innocent enough. Gay guys love me for some reason. I guess manly facial hair and muscular shoulders are chic now. Plus I love the attention. It makes me feel cute.

Guest What_ever

Please change my name to "Randy Orton Luva".

Thanks.

Edit: I'm sorry about my Orton thread. I'll read the board more carefully, next time.

I gotta give props to Joss.

I have no problem with giving props to Joss. But the way you did it reminds me of when grade school girls would write their first name on their notebook with a boy they have a crush on's last name.