TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

B2K Breaks Up

From 411mania.com:

R&B group B2K has broken up after six years together.

"We've had a great run together making hit songs, albums and now movies," the group's manager, Chris Stokes, says in a statement. "The kids are growing up and are interested in pursing their own careers. I have enormous respect for each of them, and I wish them success in their pursuit of their individual careers. B2K was an extremely talented singing group that will surely be missed."

The group's latest album, B2K, has sold 891,000 copies since being released last year. The group's biggest hit was 2003's Bump Bump Bump which featured P. Diddy.

--------------------------------------------------------------

All I have to say is... Thank God! I hated B2K's music with a passion. They were quite possibly the worst group ever, far worse than any other boy band (That's what they were, like it or not).

This was last week news thou. Omarion the lead singer is in the hospital due some kind of illness that he needs surgery on his spine or something.

I didn't mind B2K. At least they weren't Immature...

Remember Immature?! I hated THEM with a passion.

Yes, so did I. I remember when I was about 6 or 7, during the height of Immature's popularity,(yea, I'm that young) my sister and mom tricked me into going to a concert with them Usher and Aaliyah. Immature were horrible. I still can't believe that they said I was going to see the WWF at the Fox Theatre in Detriot. Damn, I was so gullible.....

Anyway, IMK or B2X or whatever the hell they're called have very, very annoying songs. They are not good. Not good at all.

Now New Edition. THAT'S a boyband.

I thought Immature was ok. I liked "I'll never lie again" Marques is Omarion's older brother thats why IMX(immature) was leeching off of B2K's push.

Yes, so did I. I remember when I was about 6 or 7, during the height of Immature's popularity,(yea, I'm that young) my sister and mom tricked me into going to a concert with them Usher and Aaliyah. Immature were horrible. I still can't believe that they said I was going to see the WWF at the Fox Theatre in Detriot. Damn, I was so gullible.....

Damn, that is HARSH. I hope your mom made it up to you because that is an awful thing to do to your 6 or 7 year old son. Seriously.

And yeah, it was about time for B2K to break up so they could all attempt solo careers and fail at it. I don't know if I'd go as far to say that they were worse than all those boy bands, but I was never a fan of them. Oh well, let's hope for Good Charlotte next.

I thought Immature was ok. I liked "I'll never lie again" Marques is Omarion's older brother thats why IMX(immature) was leeching off of B2K's push.

Go home Roger :P Any chances that Omarion or any other B2K boys going to be actors on shows That's So Raven or the Lil Romeo show on Nick?

Remember that show Sister Sister with the twins. I remember that kid that played Roger on the show was in Immature. Hell they even had the band guess star on it. And I think he has a new CD out to.

I didn't mind B2K.  At least they weren't Immature...

Remember Immature?! I hated THEM with a passion.

Anyway, IMK or B2X or whatever the hell they're called have very, very annoying songs. They are not good. Not good at all.

Now New Edition. THAT'S a boyband.

Haha, bro i remember that concert, I was supposed to go to that concert, but i had to go to basketball practice , so i lucked out

Good Riddance. B2K were one of those suppose huge, successful groups MTV always shows, but I've never heard them on the radio. Never seen them in a magazine. Never seen them on an award show or any other TV show.

Good Riddance. B2K were one of those suppose huge, successful groups MTV always shows, but I've never heard them on the radio. Never seen them in a magazine. Never seen them on an award show or any other TV show.

Same here.

A commercial for the new Wow! That's What I Call Mediocre Pop! 84 came on, and I was amazed at how many artists that do nothing but appear on MTV. The majority of them don't even do tours.

Stacie Orrico, Baby Bash, Lumidee, Thalia, and how long has it been since Mya's done anything noteworthy?

Yes, so did I.  I remember when I was about 6 or 7, during the height of Immature's popularity,(yea, I'm that young) my sister and mom tricked me into going to a concert with them Usher and Aaliyah.  Immature were horrible.  I still can't believe that they said I was going to see the WWF at the Fox Theatre in Detriot.  Damn, I was so gullible.....

Damn, that is HARSH. I hope your mom made it up to you because that is an awful thing to do to your 6 or 7 year old son. Seriously.

And yeah, it was about time for B2K to break up so they could all attempt solo careers and fail at it. I don't know if I'd go as far to say that they were worse than all those boy bands, but I was never a fan of them. Oh well, let's hope for Good Charlotte next.

Yea she made up for it alirte. My 8th birthday, she took me to a WWF House show, and took me to Chuckie Cheese.

She's a nice lady, but her and my sister thought it would be a nice joke to play on me. :angry:

Guest MissMattitude

*only person that likes Good Charlotte*

I have never even heard of B2K.

I heard of B2K for the first time in this thread, and then saw a blurb about them on MTV yesterday. One thing I'll give them credit for, is one of them wore a Gretzky all-star sweater in the video that they showed. Their music blew but they had good taste in wardrobe.

From 411mania.com:

R&B group B2K has broken up after six years together.

"We've had a great run together making hit songs, albums and now movies," the group's manager, Chris Stokes, says in a statement. "The kids are growing up and are interested in pursing their own careers. I have enormous respect for each of them, and I wish them success in their pursuit of their individual careers. B2K was an extremely talented singing group that will surely be missed."

The group's latest album, B2K, has sold 891,000 copies since being released last year. The group's biggest hit was 2003's Bump Bump Bump which featured P. Diddy.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I got this from www.Mtv.com

B2K fans have a new reason to scream over their favorite group, but unfortunately it's not in jubilation — they're yelling in angst. For the past few days radio stations have been saying the foursome has split.

Could it be that the "B" in B2K can now stand for "broken," as in the hearts of girls across the country, because Omarion, J-Boog, Raz-B and Lil Fizz are breaking up? Here's where you need Columbo or maybe just a good lawyer to figure things out.

On Monday morning (January 5), longtime B2K manager Chris Stokes released a statement saying that the act he was instrumental in putting together had disbanded because of something B2K's rabid following would deem unfathomable: the seemingly tight-knit collective had fallen victim to inner turmoil.

"We've had a great run together making hit songs, albums and now movies," Stokes said in the statement. "The kids are growing up and are interested in pursing their own careers. I have enormous respect for each of them, and I wish them success in their pursuit of their individual careers. B2K was an extremely talented singing group that will surely be missed."

Stokes also said he would continue to guide the career of the group's lead singer, Omarion. Here's where the situation gets sketchy. Pictures have surfaced of the remaining B2K members at a contract signing over the weekend with the sports and entertainment company CMX. Cozying up at a table together, the three don't look like they're ready to split from each other anytime soon.

Late Monday evening, CMX chairman Antonio Demetrius Brown said he's now helping to guide the trio and that they'll continue on as a group. Whether they'll continue to operate under the B2K moniker is still being negotiated.

"They see the light," Brown said of the three. "They've been cleansed. It's a rebirth."

Brown also promised B2K fans will have plenty of reasons to rejoice soon. A spokesperson for their label, Epic, had no comment. (What do you think of the possibility of a B2K breakup? You Tell Us.)

B2K as we've known them for the past few years had the strongest following of any male R&B group in the market (see "Ice, Screaming Girls And Naps: A Day In The Life Of B2K"). Their movie "You Got Served" hits theaters at the end of this month, they released the film's soundtrack shortly before Christmas, and they had scheduled auditions for their next music video later this week.

In the middle of a short tour, the quartet postponed its remaining dates on the eve of Friday's show at New York's Beacon Theater, claiming an injured Omarion as the reason. With O's health on the upswing, the four remaining dates have been rescheduled to start back up again February 6 in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania. All four members of B2K are committed for the shows.

Prior to Stokes' announcement, the foursome revealed plans for solo projects from Omarion and Lil Fizz later this year. In light of the recent developments, however, it isn't looking too good for the planned B2K/Bow Wow joint venture (see "B2K, Bow Wow So Far From Beef They're Planning Joint LP").

—Shaheem Reid

Eventhough im not a fan but urban radio stations was making a big deal about it, Stokes was probably saying all that because they didn't want him as their manager.

I heard of B2K for the first time in this thread, and then saw a blurb about them on MTV yesterday. The one thing I'll give them credit for, is one of them wore a Wayne Gretzky All-Star game sweater in the video clip that they showed. Their music blew but they had good taste in wardrobe.

Guest cpac

Who cares about B2K. I could care less that they got nothing but ugly dirty hoodrats screaming over them. B2K are by far the ugliest and I mean ugliest boyband ever. Thank god they broke up cause everytime I had to see their ugly faces on my tv i would cringe and turn the channel. Supposedly one of the members in B2K is the kid brother of the singer in immature or imx whatever the fuck you want to call that shitty boyband.