TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
snuffbox

Best Album

Which Is the best album, in your opinion?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which Is the best album, in your opinion?

• Jeff Buckley - Grace
    • The Cure - Disintegration
    • Radiohead - OK Computer
    • Beach Boys - Pet Sounds

These are the four cd Ive been playing in their entirety lately. At the moment I feel they are the 4 best complete records out there. Obviously, Im missing several other great albums, but these are the 4 of the moment...and Id like to get the TSM op on these selections.

I never really heard much of Jeff Buckley to have a strong opinion on his music.

I'm no fan of Radiohead, and almost everyone knows that

Disintegration was a solid album by the Cure, but Pet Sounds has to be one of the best albums ever made

Grace and Disintegration are both quality, but OK Computer and Pet Sounds are two of my favorites albums of all time. Were I to make a top ten list, they'd both make it. The coinflip at the moment, however, says OK Computer.

I never really heard much of Jeff Buckley to have a strong opinion on his music.

Disintegration was a solid album by the Cure, but Pet Sounds has to be one of the best albums ever made

I couldn't have said it better. I really haven't heard anything by Buckley, and I despise Radiohead with every bone in my body.

Disintegration is a very good album, and I like it a whole lot.

Pet Sounds is an amazing landmark album, so that is what I voted for.

OK Computer is possibly the best album of all time, so I'd have to vote for that, but I'd rather listen to Grace.

I've always found Pe Sounds very meh. I don't get all the love people give it.

Pet Sounds is a classic and is #1 of those listed.

My second pick would be Grace, and now I see nobody has voted for it which makes me wish I had have voted for it instead because it deserves at least one vote.

I never got the big deal about Radiohead. And The Cure are awesome.

My second pick would be Grace, and now I see nobody has voted for it which makes me wish I had have voted for it instead because it deserves at least one vote.

yea...i really would like to see a lil more love for Grace here. I also picked PetSounds as I feel its the best, but on a different day, I could definitly put Grace, or any of the records, at #1.

Hey Xero, who is that in your sig, exactly?

Oh, and I picked the Cure... Pet Sounds is the better overall album, but I haven't listened to it in ages, whereas the Cure is almost a daily thing. I guess that's what I get for being born in the '80's.

Oh, and I picked the Cure... Pet Sounds is the better overall album, but I haven't listened to it in ages, whereas the Cure is almost a daily thing. I guess that's what I get for being born in the '80's.

Victor Wooten, check out Me and My Bass Guitar by him, or some of his work with Bela Fleck and The Flecktones.

Victor Wooten, check out Me and My Bass Guitar by him, or some of his work with Bela Fleck and The Flecktones.

I definitely shall. I mean, even looking at him, he looks badass. Heh.

i always thought 'ok computer' was pretty overrated. so in light of that, and my ignorance toward the cure & the beach boys, i voted 'grace'.

With the exception of OK Computer, I love all of the albums. However, I have to vote for Disintegration. Everything about it is perfect, especially the title track, which may be one of, if not the best song ever written in modern music. It's a tough call between this and grace, but The Cure gets my vote.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Can't stand The Cure, Never heard Jeff Buckley, and the Beach Boys sound way too effing glad to be alive for me to listen to them extensively. Radiohead manages to be fairly apathetic and negative without being overtly wimpy like the Cure, and usually keep me pretty interested, so OK Computer gets the nod.

Only 2 votes for Jeff Buckley! Horrible.

He is not very well known these days because he is dead. He is truly one of the best songwriters of the late 20th century. Everyone should check him out. Espically the Grace album.

Only 2 votes for Jeff Buckley! Horrible.

He is not very well known these days because he is dead. He is truly one of the best songwriters of the late 20th century. Everyone should check him out. Espically the Grace album.

Don't think that's entirely representative of people's appreciation for him. Pick three other albums and I would have voted Grace, but not with OK Computer up there. A lot of people seem to feel the same way about the other choices too. I could comfortably slide Grace into maybe my favorite 30 or 40 albums, but OK Computer is top ten material.

I just can't picture the kings of annoying, samey cheese-ska doing a decent cover of The Cure. I'll check it out sometime, probably.

It's slowed down and reggae'd up. Adam Sandler approached modern bands and asked them to cover '80s tunes with an island vibe to them, because, I'm assuming, the movie is set in the '80s and in Hawaii.