TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Zoidberg

Best. Concert. EVER!

This can, if you want, apply to DVD's and videos...if you want.

My Top 5:

1. Rolling Stones

2. David Bowie

3. Eric Clapton

4. The Sex Pistols/Dropkick Murphy's

5. The Cure (TRILOGY DVD)

How about you?

as of right now...

1.(tie)AC/DC and Relative Ash

2.Workhorse Movement

3.Nonpoint

4.Sevendust

5.Jibe

6.One Minute Silence

7.Slipknot

8.Chris Connelly

9.Rearview Mirror

10.Mudvayne

1. Shadows Fall/Lamb Of God/Killswitch Engage/Unearth

2. Slayer/Hatebreed/Arch Enemy/Dry Kill Logic

3. The Misfits/The Damned/The Dickies/Agnostic Front/Balzac/DI

4. Iron Maiden/Dio/Motörhead

5. Slayer/Soulfly/In Flames/downthesun

6. New England Metal and Hardcore Festival '03

7. Summer Sanitarium '03

8. WAAF LocoBazooka '02

4. Iron Maiden/Dio/Motörhead

8. WAAF LocoBazooka '02

damn... was the almighty motorhead really opening for homo dio? :ph34r:

and who played the waaf loco show? i saw one of their tour stops that summer, but i dont recall the main fest list.

My Top 5:

1. Rolling Stones

2. David Bowie

3. Eric Clapton

How about you?

I saw David Bowie last night. It was the most phenominal thing ever. I just couldn't stop smiling until maybe five songs into the set, and he played some Velvet Underground and Pixies tunes too... Jesus is he the man.

Anyhow, I'm very interested in how all of those acts unfolded... mind giving a little description of each? I'd love to see the Stones, am seeing the Cure in May, and haven't heard anyone's first-hand account of how the Sex Pistols reunion went.

Guest Fire and Knives

Best show I've ever seen was probably the Rollins Band concert I caught in D.C. a couple months back. It was part of the Memphis Three tour, and Rollins played Black Flag songs for the first time in almost twenty years. Henry Rollins singing "My War" live in D.C. Crazy shit.

Saw Reel Big Fish at the Canal Club in Norfolk last October, too. They played for three hours. Most ridiculously high-energy show I've ever seen.

K.

Guest Choken One

Life of Agony. Saturday Jan. 31st.

Front Row. Sang with Keith Caputo with "Underground".

They pretty much played the entire R.R.R series and only like one song from the S.S.S album (weeds) and unveiled the new song for the new album "Love to let you down"

The best concert I've personally seen is either Aerosmith or Tom Petty. Both just played the crowd perfectly, and I'm not even a big Aerosmith fan.

The best concert I've heard/seen not personally is Bob Dylan's Live at Royal Albert Hall disc, which is by far my favorite live album ever.

Guest Choken One
The best concert I've personally seen is either Aerosmith or Tom Petty. Both just played the crowd perfectly, and I'm not even a big Aerosmith fan.

The best concert I've heard/seen not personally is Bob Dylan's Live at Royal Albert Hall disc, which is by far my favorite live album ever.

seen Aerosmith twice. HORRIBLE SHOW.

Andrew WK is way up there. I've seen him and his band twice, 9/13/02 and 9/10/03, both at DC's 9:30 Club. Not sure which was better - the first had the "oh my god this is unbelievable" sensation, and the second had more variety plus a sort of blissful familiarity.

But the best show overall probably goes to the opening night of U2's Elevation Tour, 3/24/01, in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. The greatest arena rock ever and a perfect blend of old, new, common, and rare - it was frickin' great. The fact that I was 10 feet from the stage in a venue that held 20,000 may have had something to do with that.

Honorable mentions go to the second time I saw Tool (they played a 12-minute "Opiate" and were gorgeously perfect on the "Disposition"/"Reflection"/"Triad" suite), and Billy Fucking Idol for $10 in a field in Richmond.

I'm gonna go for a Top 10 gigs or live bands that I've been to.

1. Iron Maiden @ Glasgow SECC

2. Manic Street Preachers @ Glasgow SECC

3. Prodigy @ Gig on the Green 2002

4. AFI @ Glasgow Barrowlands

5. The Flaming Lips @ T in the Park 2003

6. Radiohead @ Glasgow SECC

7. Faithless @ Glastonbury 2002

8. Coldplay @ T in the Park 2003

9. Green Day @ Glasgow SECC

10. Biffy Clyro @ Glasgow Barrowlands

I seen REM at T in the Park. I'm a big REM fan, but the gig was more disappointing than anything I have EVER seen. If they had met expectations, they would have been my #3 live band.

What exactly was it that ruined the gig for you? In Munich they were awesome. They played a good mix of their newer stuff and the classics (no shiny happy people though, which was a bit strange), were on the stage for almost three hours and they seemed to be in a great mood, Michael Stipe especially. He rocked the place that night. The location was great of course, which made the whole thing even better.

1.) Iron Maiden/Dio/Motorhead: Molson Amplitheatre 2003

2.) Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band: Skydome 2003

3.) SarsStock

4.) Summer Sanitarium

5.) Ozzfest 2001

In no order:

- The first time that I saw Bad Brains w/HR, at the Channel. Slapshot and Sam Black Church opening.

- Circle Jerks from two years ago, at the Paradise.

- Ozric Tentacles, at the Paradise.

- The first time that I saw Social Distortion, at the Channel.

- Iggy Pop, at Axis.

- Mission of Burma, at Axis.

- I'd have to put a Phish show or two up there as well, but would have a hard time picking one or two that I could name as my favorite.

- Radiohead, at the Tweeter Center.

Qutie honestly, Weird Al Yankovic. His live shows are insane, especially the part where he does like fifteen of his minor hits (and I mean in terms of memorable Al parodies when I say hits) in one big medley. Anyone who likes Weird Al NEEDS to see him live.

In no order:

- The first time that I saw Bad Brains w/HR, at the Channel.  Slapshot and Sam Black Church opening.

Around when was this?

I think that I'm F-ing up my opening acts ... the Slapshot & SBC show was when Bad Brains had Chuck singing. (still a good show, but not the one with HR). The one with Chuck was when I was in high school, so must have been 91-92ish, the one with HR was a few years after that. Long past their prime, obviously, but still a very good show.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

The most fun I've ever had at a show was probably the Jager tour this past year, which was just gloriously violent, and I met a few of my idols, not to mention having Angela Gossow drip sweat onto my face.

Bela Fleck and the Flecktones and Primus were probably the two best performing groups I've seen, just insanely professional and dynamic.

Most violent show ever: Dying Fetus/Berzerker. Holy christ.

1. Disco Biscuits - New Years Eve '02 in Philly

2. Gov't Mule anytime

3. Allman Brothers 8/6/00 at Montage Mountain

4. Lollapalooza 92 (i think), it had Tool, Rage, Dinosaur Jr., Fishbone, Primus and Alice in Chains

5. A Festival down in Maryland that had Leftover Salmon, God Street Wine, Charlie Hunter & Bela Fleck playing.

and who played the waaf loco show? i saw one of their tour stops that summer, but i dont recall the main fest list.

Yeah, Motörhead really opened for Dio. Dio got a THIRD of the reaction Motörhead did. Fuck Dio. Dungeons & Dragons is for fuckers.

The Loco tour has a different lineup than the home show in Massachusetts, which is the one I went to. The headliners of the home show in '02 were Disturbed, Ra, and Black Label Society. The best three bands (in order of greatness that night) were Black Label Society, Flipp, and Disturbed.

My Top 5:

1. Rolling Stones

2. David Bowie

3. Eric Clapton

How about you?

I saw David Bowie last night. It was the most phenominal thing ever. I just couldn't stop smiling until maybe five songs into the set, and he played some Velvet Underground and Pixies tunes too... Jesus is he the man.

Anyhow, I'm very interested in how all of those acts unfolded... mind giving a little description of each? I'd love to see the Stones, am seeing the Cure in May, and haven't heard anyone's first-hand account of how the Sex Pistols reunion went.

Ah man, David Bowie was fuckin awesome. After the third song, he went like "You all sang that song the best out of very tour I've been on...can you do the next one?" Everyone cheered, so he sat down, the band started to play...and no-one sang. He got up after awhile and said "That was fuckin' tragic." It was awesome.

The Stones have got to be the best live band EVER. They put on the best show, the atmosphere is incredible, and they know the perfect way to get the crowd into it. Incredible. If you ever have a chance to see them, take it without hesitation.

The Cure will always rule. No matter what. They, while I didn't see it live, put on an incredible show, and it made me an even bigger fan than before. When they played 'Bloodflowers' I wanted to quit school and start a band.

The Sex Pistols are also very good live, but kind of lost their "It" factor, which IMO, was Sid Vicious. They still were of the rule and all, but Johnny wasn't as dickheaded and assholish as people make him out to be. Still, it's the Sex Pistols. How can you NOT enjoy that?

Eric Clapton, I was too young to fully remember, but I do remember he ended with Cocaine, and his encore was Layla. So, that was pretty cool.

Yeah, Motörhead really opened for Dio. Dio got a THIRD of the reaction Motörhead did. Fuck Dio. Dungeons & Dragons is for fuckers.

The Loco tour has a different lineup than the home show in Massachusetts, which is the one I went to. The headliners of the home show in '02 were Disturbed, Ra, and Black Label Society. The best three bands (in order of greatness that night) were Black Label Society, Flipp, and Disturbed.

I think it was easier to have Motorhead to have been the opening act, than if Dio was.

And c'mon Corey, you know you like Dio. There's a little bit of Dio in all of us :)

I think it was easier to have Motorhead to have been the opening act, than if Dio was.

There's a little bit of Dio in all of us :)

they could have gotten rid of queer dio and just given the time to motorhead and maiden.

and that...is the gayest thing ive ever heard :throwup:

at the tour stop we got...

filter - blew

earshot - embarrasment

sevendust - awesome

nonpoint - sweetass, the mosh nearly killed me

mushroomhead - intense

audiovent, rearview mirror, dry kill logic, dragpipe, breaking benjamin, innatrance, and a few others.

pretty good...but it was like a million degrees