TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vern Gagne

Always Available

Guest El Satanico
Fred Willard

But you said Celebrity...

This isn't a comment on his talent or whatever, but Fred Willard is no Celebrity.

Fred Willard is basically a character actor.

He's been on Leno, was Buck Laughlin in Best in Show and Mike LaFontaine in A Mighty Wind.

I know him probably the best as Lt. Bob Hookstratten in Spinal Tap

Guest Ghettoman

This is off topic but I was watching ESPN this morning and as SC was opening, one of the peices of opening commentary was:

"Paris Hilton had her dog with her and it wasn't Nicole Richie"

I laughed for a good 2 minutes despite finding Paris the uglier of the two.

And for the topic, I'd say Jillian Barberie(sp), who hosts like 20 shows and shows up as an mc or presenter at every quasi-award show there is.

Bill Walton schooled Paris during the celebrity game. He just laid into her over and over again with comic insults, possibly the best job Walton has done in his life.

I couldn't stop laughing at his jokes and neither could the two announcers with him.

Britney Spears seems to be everywhere now, desperate to stay in the public eye.

I only know her as Jack's friend on front row at the Lakers games. At least Fred Willard shows up on Christopher Guest movies or late night talk shows.

Fred Willard is a celeb. All it takes to be a celebrity is to be simi known to the public. If you've been in a movie you're somewhat of a celebrity, there are dergees though, and he's not at the top...but he's not at the bottom either.

Fred Willard has been the man ever since "Welcome to Fernville" or whatever was the name of that show. Besides he has been a regular on the Tonight Show since the begining of time.

I demand a celebrity danceoff deathmatch of Wayne Brady vs Tony Danza.

Kathy Griffin is on every damn thing they need a low rent celebrity for. Triumph, the Insult Comic Dog ripped into her for being the biggest celebrity at the Comedy Central Awards and how pathetic that was.

Michael Ian Black and Hal Sparks are on tons of stuff now since the "I Love the '80's" shows. If you need a humerous talking head, that's who you call.

And I'm really surprised at the lack of awareness for Dyann Cannon. She's made nearly fifty films and was married to Cary Grant. She has three Oscar nominations, two for best supporting actress in Heaven Can Wait and Bob&Carol&Ted&Alice and one for best short film for Number One. She won the Golden Globe for Heaven Can Wait.

And Fred Willard is Jesus. Him and Eugene Levy can almost save any damn thing.

Guest TheHulkster

David Alan Grier would show up to a celebrity baked sale in rural Idaho for a couple hundred bucks.

Fred Willard is awesome. He's seemingly guest starred on every shitty sitcom in the past ten years, and always manages to overshadow the performers around him. I remember him appearing on Breaker High as the asshole replacement principal, and just cracking me up so much with his line delivery.

He was also a supporting star of a WB sitcom that got axed after twenty-four episodes, and was the highlight of that.

He was also a supporting star of a WB sitcom that got axed after twenty-four episodes, and was the highlight of that.

Yeah, Maybe It's Me. I actually enjoyed that show... Stop laughing! I have feelings too...

And I'm really surprised at the lack of awareness for Dyann Cannon. She's made nearly fifty films and was married to Cary Grant. She has three Oscar nominations, two for best supporting actress in Heaven Can Wait and Bob&Carol&Ted&Alice and one for best short film for Number One. She won the Golden Globe for Heaven Can Wait.

All in the 70's right?

Fred Willard is awesome.  He's seemingly guest starred on every shitty sitcom in the past ten years, and always manages to overshadow the performers around him.  I remember him appearing on Breaker High as the asshole replacement principal, and just cracking me up so much with his line delivery.

Don't forget that Norm McDonald show that lasted 4 weeks on ABC.