TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Olympic Slam

Most Annoying Movie Quotes, References....

Most Annoying Quotes, References, Catch-Phrases?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Most Annoying Quotes, References, Catch-Phrases?

• Wayne's World
    • Beavis and Butthead
    • Austin Powers
    • Ace Ventura/The Mask
    • Bill and Ted
    • Forrest Gump
    • Monty Python, Holy Grail, ect
    • Other

Guest Olympic Slam

I'm sure we've all had those moments where you wanna just strangle a friend/classmate/relative for over quoting or referencing a scene from one of the latest "hip" movies in a tragic attempt to funny/trendy. So, which of the above movies annoyed you the most? Was it some idiot saying "life is like a box of choloates?" Or some dope saying "excellent" followed by a an air guitar solo?

With the exception of the timeless MPATHG, I only recall people quoting said movies for about six months after hitting the theaters before moving on to the next trite catchphrases

I'd go with Austin Powers, moreso for the people who annoyed me with the quotes rather than the annoyingness of the quotes themselves

I find ironic that the topic title includes a Simpsons quote, which people quote all the time to appear hip and trendy.

Was thinking the exact same thing. Heh.

I agree with whoever mentioned Kevin Smith (don't you just want to STRANGLE the kids who think that Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back is the best thing ever when they haven't even seen the first four movies that the movie is just one big tribute to? I sure do), but for me it's got to be Austin Powers. Right when the second one came out (which I hated -- liked the other two), EVERYONE was quoting Fat Bastard. My head was going to explode.

EDIT: And as Angelslayer said, Monty Python is timeless. Quoting them will never, ever lose its trendiness. Ever. When I am 90, I will still occassionally inform people that their mother was a hamster.

Guest Olympic Slam
I find ironic that the topic title includes a Simpsons quote, which people quote all the time to appear hip and trendy.

I did that on purpose :D

I'll jump on the Austin Powers bandwagon of annoyance. Although I feel at least one good quote came from it, as I'll occasionally say "That's a man, baby.", but in my normal voice. Most people can't tell it's from that anyway, cause I call people "baby" all the time.

Guest Olympic Slam

I voted Austin Powers as well. It's the most recent, but most of all, the quotes never applied to any real world situation. People would say "One Million Dollars" for no fuggin' reason. Unlike Ace Ventura quotes (which I think was my lone memory from junior high) where "Allllrighty then" could possibly be apllied to an actual social situation if you tried hard enough.

Ugh, when people do the Dr. Evil finger thing I fuckin hate it.

I always like to quote Family Guy, which isn't anywhere near old yet.

Guest Krazy Karter

The next person that inserts "Yeah, baby!" into a conversation will be a dead one.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Off topic... but I hate it when people don't get my Mel Brooks quotes.

Yeah... they'd do it for Randolph Scott!

Two from Jerry Maguire:

"You Had Me At Hello"

Note, country music star Kenny Chesney actually wrote a song based off of that scene with that line as the title

and

"SHOW ME THE MONEY!"

Completely overshadowing what could have been an epic catch phrase from the same movie, "You complete me." Ironically it came up in an episode of Friends, a virtual repository of pop-culture references

Guest wrestlingbs

Both Caddyshack and Monty Python get away with being timeless quotable movies.

However, Austin Powers got annoying even before the second movie.

Well.....I have to go with Austin Powers. Hearing people in the worst scottish accents ever yell "GET IN MY BELLY!" drove me nuts.

I don't really quote the simpsons as much as someone tells a story and I say "That reminds me of this episode of the simpsons........blah blah blah" Sad thing is that everything reminds me of a Simpsons episode.

Does anyone know somebody who actually quotes Bill and Ted?

Yes. And I dont find it annoying in the slightest.

Tie between monty python and Austin powers.

Both Caddyshack and Monty Python get away with being timeless quotable movies.

However, Austin Powers got annoying even before the second movie.

Another one that gets away with it, Animal House

"Over? Did you say Over?..."

Steve

Other timeless movies:

Ghostbusters

RoboCop

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (yes, me and my friend Petone quote the "Cowabunga" line to DEATH, and even do the high-five)

Nobody gets sick of Bill & Ted quotes. And if they do, kick 'em in the face.

King: "Put them...in the IRON MAIDEN..."

Bill/Ted: "Iron Maiden!" **do the guitar solo**

King: "Torture them...EXECUTE them!"

Bill/Ted: "Boooogus!"

SOCRATES!

Abe Lincoln: "Party on, dudes!"

I voted Forrest Gump. I've heard that fucking "life is like a box of chocolates" thing too many times, as well as "run, Forrest, run," and what's worse? Even the PARODIES aren't funny.