TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest BillyTheStud

Jake Roberts has starved Damien to death

Guest BillyTheStud

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004072792,,00.html

WRESTLER Jake ‘The Snake’ Roberts is being prosecuted — for starving his pet python to death.

RSPCA inspectors seized 12-ft Damien after a tip-off he was being neglected at the ex-WWF star’s home in London Colney, Herts.

The Burmese python died days later.

New Yorker Roberts, 50, denies causing unnecessary suffering.

He could be jailed for up to six months.

Worthless dumbass drunk :angry:

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

How long do Snakes live?! Roberts had Damien #1 back in 1985. That was 20 years ago.

Guest Dynamite Kido

He didn't starve the snake. But on the other hand, he did get it addicted to crack so it does balance out.

Guest Choken One

wait...He actually TRAVELS with the snake?

I always figured he picked a new one up everyonce in a while.

Guest FrigidSoul
This is the same Damien from the mid 1980s? Don't they only have to be fed like once a week?

You would be correct. Adult pythons only need to be fed one large rat a week. Sucky thing though is you have to hold the dead rat under a heat lamp for a couple minutes so it absorbs the heat and the snake still thinks its alive. Unless of course you have great reflexes and feel like wiggling it a bit. Either way you want the snake to feel like its hunting the rat because its good for its self-esteem and it will live longer that way.

Guest FrigidSoul

Most people buy their rats in bulk(dead rats), throw them in a bin and then into a mini-fridge. Its too much of a hassle to raise the rats because you want to constantly feed them all sorts of vitamins and shit along with healthy foods. By all means if a person has the patience and can do that then they should as that's even better. Of course you better get yourself a coal-miner's glove because the rats will bite when they see the snake cause they know what's coming.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Most people buy their rats in bulk(dead rats), throw them in a bin and then into a mini-fridge. Its too much of a hassle to raise the rats because you want to constantly feed them all sorts of vitamins and shit along with healthy foods. By all means if a person has the patience and can do that then they should as that's even better. Of course you better get yourself a coal-miner's glove because the rats will bite when they see the snake cause they know what's coming.

Coal Miners Glove refference in a Jake Roberts thread. My life is now complete. (feeds self to an Anaconda)

Guest FrigidSoul

Yup, my uncle use to have a snake years back. I use to watch him feed it cause it was the coolest thing ever. You could see the form of the rat's body as it went all the way down the snake.

Coal Miners Glove refference in a Jake Roberts thread. My life is now complete. (feeds self to an Anaconda)

LMAO. I knew there was some connection between the two, but I just couldn't see the obvious.

And it's great to know that FrigidSoul is now the official TSM snake expert.

Guest Salacious Crumb

I'm thinking this story is BS. It's been said by several wrestlers that Jake got one from local pet shops for shows and didn't actually own one. Remember they accidently killed one during a prank or something not knowing it wasn't his.

Guest FrigidSoul

LMAO. I knew there was some connection between the two, but I just couldn't see the obvious.

And it's great to know that FrigidSoul is now the official TSM snake expert.

I thought it would be funnier to use Coal Miner's glove than Leather gardening glove, however they are the same thing.

I know about snakes and geckos(I own 2 golden geckos)

You own Gordon Gekko?

I interviewed Jake once and he told me that when he first started the gimmick, he didn't keep the snake, but then he learned how to handle and train them and all that stuff for the gimmick and started keeping them. When I interviewed him '99 he said he had about five at that time, including Damien and Revelations.

Man these wrestling greats just keep on passing away I wonder if this is just a cover up and Damien actually was addicted to steroids and pain killers and that is why he died?/sarcasm on the last part.

Thanks.

I always thought Damien died in real life in the early '90s and that was why they did the angle where Earthquake killed it.

Yeah I was actually thinking the same thing maybe it is related to The Undertaker and just needs to take long sperts of time off every once in a while.

Thanks.

Yeah I was actually thinking the same thing maybe it is related to The Undertaker and just needs to take long sperts of time off every once in a while.

Thanks.

So I guess that means Damien going to comeback dressed like a biker, riding a cycle with a Kid Rock song talking about how this is his yard.

Why wouldn't you just throw the damn thing in the tank with the snake while it's still alive?

Besides what's been said about keeping rats alive being a pain in the ass, if you drop a live rat in the cage and the snake doesn't kill it (for any reason, such as it's not hungry or the rat isn't moving enough for the snake to want to kill) the rat can sometimes bite the snake and whatnot. I had a neighbor that had a snake while I was in college, and we'd always get high and watch her feed the snake. When the snake wouldn't kill it, she'd get all creeped out and make one of us grab the rat from the snake cage.

nl5: barely got educated in college.

Thanks.

So I guess that means Damien going to comeback dressed like a biker, riding a cycle with a Kid Rock song talking about how this is his yard.

Now I would mark out for that!!!

Thanks.