TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Slickster

Backlash promo copy

"Amidst the Backlash, Chris Benoit's potential now becomes his destiny. Escape the rules as RAW presents WWE Backlash, live Sunday, April 18 on Events iN DEMAND pay-per-view."

c/o ppv.com

Thoughts?

Guest OnlyMe

Taken at face value, it indicates that Benoit is winning the title at Backlash. BUT... never take these things at face value :)

Guest Anglesault
I still think HBK will win at Mania, while Benoit will finally defeat him, and get the title, in Canada at Backlash.

And that would be unacceptable.

I still think HBK will win at Mania, while Benoit will finally defeat him, and get the title, in Canada at Backlash.

Why not?

It's the best-case scenario: both deserving faces get the belt: Shawn in his favorite arena, Benoit in his hometown.

It'd be the hottest title win in years.

Why not?

It's the best-case scenario: both deserving faces get the belt: Shawn in his favorite arena, Benoit in his hometown.

OR

Benoit wins at WM, beats HBK at Backlash, none of this Kliq wins shit.

Why not?

I think most wrestlers' favorite arena is MSG.

I said it before and I'll say it again: A win at Backlash is NOT the same as a win at Wrestlemania. I can never understand why the fuck Vince sucks up to the kliq so much. Does he remember who's supposed to be the employer and who the employees?

Guest Anglesault

Why not?

Screw this "hometown" shit.

The virtuous face completes his title chase at Wrestlemania, he doesn't lose there.

If you want to get deeper into the story...than HBK winning is even worse.

HBK has no claim on the title shot, cheapshots his way into the match, and is more focused on the man holding the title than the idea of winning the title itself.

Benoit dreams of being champion on the biggest stage of all.

HBK winning is bad for the children. Please, someone think of the children!

Guest Askewniverse

Why not?

OR

Benoit wins at WM, beats HBK at Backlash, none of this Kliq wins shit.

Tawren's scenario makes more sense. Storyline-wise, if HBK wins the title at WrestleMania, he has no reason to give Benoit a title shot at Backlash.

I kind of like that, actually.

Tawren's scenario makes more sense. Storyline-wise, if HBK wins the title at WrestleMania, he has no reason to give Benoit a title shot at Backlash.

But if Benoit wins the title, it makes sense for him to give HBK a shot? It's the exact same scenario.

Guest Anglesault

But if Benoit wins the title, it makes sense for him to give HBK a shot? It's the exact same scenario.

HBK has a singles win over Benoit.

I kind of like that, actually.

Why? Why have Benoit blow it again an at Mania on top of that?

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

Since they've portrayed him as a choker, I think they should have Benoit put his career against Triple H's title. This is his last shot to erase the stigma of being a choker and it's on the biggest stage he can do it on.

Why not?

Shawn in his favorite arena?

...excuse me, are we talking about the same Shawn that got BOOED the last time strolling through the Province of Alberta? The same province that has Calgary not that far away, which means Calgarians will be showing up, which means he's ass will be booed more than anything else? And since he'll be against Chris F'N Benoit, Edmontonians will be chanting his (Benoit) and only his name!

If there's one thing I know, it's Edmontonians and Calgarians will boo Michaels ass right out of Rexall Centre (I still wish to call it The Colliseum). It's something we two towns agree upon. We don't like him and we never will (and if anyone does, I wish to smack them upside the head).

Guest Askewniverse

Flik, I think THFP meant that Madison Square Garden was Shawn's favorite arena.

Guest Anglesault

Why?

Screw this "hometown" shit.

The virtuous face completes his title chase at Wrestlemania, he doesn't lose there.

This whole situation has made me realise that HBK may well be the worst Christian ever. Hey Shawn, remember when you signed Benoit's contract? THOU SHALT NOT STEAL! The big man upstairs is after you now. Be afraid Shawn, be afraid.

Which guy do you think will be more over at WMXX, HBK or Benoit?

I think the crowd will be on the side of Benoit. I have a good feeling that the New York crowd will turn on Michaels just like they did at the Survivor Series 96.

Which guy do you think will be more over at WMXX, HBK or Benoit?

See, I was wondering the same thing. One of the things that I hate about this match the most is that Chris' and Shawn's heat will seem very small compared to HHH's heat. Think about it: the fans are probably going to be 50/50 with Shawn/Benoit, but they will all be booing Trips, the only heel, right? So if either Benoit or Shawn win, the post-match pop will be considerably less than what it would be if either faced HHH in a singles match.

Why not?

Shawn in his favorite arena?

...excuse me, are we talking about the same Shawn that got BOOED the last time strolling through the Province of Alberta? The same province that has Calgary not that far away, which means Calgarians will be showing up, which means he's ass will be booed more than anything else? And since he'll be against Chris F'N Benoit, Edmontonians will be chanting his (Benoit) and only his name!

If there's one thing I know, it's Edmontonians and Calgarians will boo Michaels ass right out of Rexall Centre (I still wish to call it The Colliseum). It's something we two towns agree upon. We don't like him and we never will (and if anyone does, I wish to smack them upside the head).

Some of us Calgarians hate Hart....god I hate him. But yeah, you're right.