TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Redhawk

Vince McMahon overacting Hall of Fame

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
And if we're talking about overacting on Vince's part, we can't forget just about opening promo for WWF PPVs in the 1980s and early 1990s. Those Survivor Series opening promos remain some of my all-time favorite PPV openers.

Would that be a good thing or a bad thing?

Guest Adrian 3:16
One of my favorite Vince promos ever:

Vince McMahon: Ever since the Royal Runble, Ric Flair has assumed the position of leadership in the WWF.  Under Ric Flair's leadeship, the WWF has terminal cancer.  The WWF is going to die!  This is my life, what I built.  You know what you have to do, don't you?  You're thinking that I don't have the guts.  I have to do something that even I will regret.  It's got to be done.  I'm not going to let Ric Flair KILL what I created!  Because I'm going to KILL MY creation!  I'm going to INJECT the WWF with a lethal dose of poiiiiison!  If anybody is gonna kill MY creation, I"M gonna do it!  Me and the...N...W...O...

Ah, good times. :)

Haha, don't forget about the pseudo-orgasm he seemed to have somewhere in there.

And that XFLLLLLLLL thing was classic. Its scary how much real life Vince promoting a football league sounds like his cartoonish evil TV character.

Guest Anglesault

How about the short Austin/Booker feud type thing after Armageddon 01 when Big Bossman of all people helps Booker win a 1st Blood Match and Vince appears on the screen and laughs maniacally.

Guest Fook
And if we're talking about overacting on Vince's part, we can't forget just about opening promo for WWF PPVs in the 1980s and early 1990s. Those Survivor Series opening promos remain some of my all-time favorite PPV openers.

I still love the old school opening to the Royal Rumble where Vince would announce the 30 guys that were going to be in it.

As for bad quotes, how bout when he told Bischoff to "grab Raw by the throat and choke the life out of it!"

None of these lines hold a candle to the promo that was highlighted by the lasting words, "When I die, I wanna go straight to Hell!"

lol.gif lmao! When was that?

Anyone else remember "YOU VIOLATED ME AUSTIN, YOU VIOLATED ME!!"

The speech he gave after buying WCW was great too.

"Now then, some would say, 'geez, Vince, how did you do it? How did you do it, Vince? I mean, you were up against this media conglomerate, Time-Warner. You were up against a billionaire. I mean, how could you possibly do this?' Well, some might say I had a little help along the way with certain WWF superstars and things of that nature, but quite frankly, I did it all on my OWN. It was MY effort, it was MY money, and it's like, okay Vince, how can you possibly beat a billionaire? Well, there's only one answer to that, and that's become one yourself."

"I've opted to come before you here, as opposed to walking in the ring and lining each and every one of those stars up - every single one of them - so I could look right in their face and say Goldberg, Booker T, and all the rest of them, to look them right in the face and say... YOU'RE FIRED. And that's exactly what's gonna happen because WCW *is* going on the shelf - it's going nowhere - WCW is BURIED. WCW will remain BURIED. Just like anybody here in this arena, or anyone in the world that gets in MY way. Every single one of you, when you attempt to compete with me, every single one of you will be BURIED. Don't start with that. I deserve more respect than that! Dammit, I'm Vince McMahon! Dammit! I own WCW - I own the WWF - and you WILL TREAT ME WITH RESPECT! "

"GET ON YOUR KNEES . . . CRAWL AROUND THE RING LIKE A DOG . . . OH YEAH, YOU'RE SORRY FOR MR. MCMAHON!!!!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Crowd chant Asshole)

"SSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUTTTTTTT UUUUUUUPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!"

And if we're talking about overacting on Vince's part, we can't forget just about opening promo for WWF PPVs in the 1980s and early 1990s.  Those Survivor Series opening promos remain some of my all-time favorite PPV openers.

I still love the old school opening to the Royal Rumble where Vince would announce the 30 guys that were going to be in it.

As for bad quotes, how bout when he told Bischoff to "grab Raw by the throat and choke the life out of it!"

AND force it to spray phleghm all over Raw. God bless how thoroughly nuts Vince is.

"Life sucks, AND THEN YOU DIIIIIIEEE!"

That very quote was sampled by the death metal group Skinless in their song "The Optimist".

Skinless are a great band, and that sample works so well.

If you go to there web site http://www.4skinless.com and click in the downloads section, they have it posted.

Guest Redhawk

When Taker and Kane used the steps to break his ankle....Vince became the first person to ever overact on breaking a limb. And wasn't he in a wheelchair for like two months afterwards?

Guest Choken One

breaking a limp shoudn't be sold like death is what you are saying?

I loved Vince circa Fall 1998 with the wheelchair...

Bret ruled in the wheelchair...

Heels just kick more ass in wheelchairs oddly enough...

Why hasn't Triple H taken notice of this yet?

YOU THREATEN ME

YOU THREATEN MY CORPORATION

YOU THREATEN MY FAMILY

WELL YOU BETTER STAY IN JAIL BECAUSE I'M GOING TO GET YOU WHEN YOU GET OUT!

I'M GOING TO GET YOU!

I'M GOING TO GET YOU!

I'M GOING TO GET YOU, YOU SON OF A BITCH!

I'M GOING TO GET YOU!

I'M GOING TO GET YOU!

YOU'RE GOING TO JAIL WHERE YOU BELONG!

I'M GOING TO GET YOU!

I'M GOING TO GET YOU!

(ad nauseum)

Guest Choken One

any one remember that promo where he called Booker T a "troglodyte" and the IWC got in a uproar thinking it was a racist remark when it wasn't.

Guest Sleekster

Anyone remember Vince on Beyond The Map?

HE'S GUNNA PUKE!!!

HE'S GUNNA PUKE!!!

HE'S GUNNA PUKE!!!

HE'S GUNNA PUKE!!!

HE'S GUNNA PUKE!!!

HE'S GUNNA PUUUUKE!!!

Vince overacts whenever he comes to the ring.

No one should ever normally walk like that.

To Quote James Gutman who writes his Raw Insanity Report for PWTorch.com "Vince walks like an orangatang(sp?) on crack." Couldn't have put It any better myself. :lol:

some of my favorite are:

"1...............2.........................3, he GOT HIM HE GOT HIM YES.....Oh.......no 2 count only"

The one i loved the most is everytime he would come out in the wheelchair and start giving a promo the fans would start chanting "Asshole".....so Vince would just stop for a minute, look around the audience and say "WHATS THE MATTER WITH YOU PEOOOOOOPLE" with this hurt look on his face.

Does anyone remember Steve Blackman's interview with Terry Taylor on a RAW before Summerslam 99? He did the whole interview addressing Shamrock but staring at Taylor and then ends it "this has to end one way...OR ANOTHER!!!!!" It was just really bad.

None of these lines hold a candle to the promo that was highlighted by the lasting words, "When I die, I wanna go straight to Hell!"

lol.gif lmao! When was that?

I want to say that was in the summer of 99, during the Austin-Taker feud that led to Vince "never being allowed on WWF TV ever again."

"When I die, I don't want any WWF superstars at my funeral... No... When I die... I WANT TO GO STRRRRRRRRRRRAIGHT TO HELL!"

My friends and I all quoted that for the next two years.

Guest Redhawk

Remember when D-X reformed as heels before the McMahon-Helmsley era, and Vince came out and challenged the whole group:

"WEGOTTWOWORDSFORYA!!! SUGG IT!!!"

How about before Unforgiven 2001, with the Austin/Angle/RVD main event. He comes out and does the most emphatic thumbs pointing and yelling "RVD!" ever.

There's also a great thread in the old school section about all the dumb stuff he's said as announcer.

Guest Deviant

Speaking of the Kiss My Ass Club, one of my favourite Vince moments was when he thought he was going to get to kiss Trish's ass and was quite excited to do the honors, smilings and while on his knees crawling up to Trish... Classic excited hungry puppy dog look, only there was a bare ass involved rather than food.

Of course, that comes after the satanic bloody peer over the apron.

As far as announcing goes...during the HBK/Jarrett IC title match from IYH #2, Michaels hits a cross body off the top and to the floor. Vince just goes nuts, yelling "UNBELIEVABLE! I'VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THAT IN MY LIFE!"

C'mon...it was only a cross body, Vince!

Vince McMahon from WrestleMania V Intro:

THE MEGA-POWERRRSSSSSSS EXPLOOODDDDDEEEEEEE!!!! HERE AT WRESTLEMANIA V!!!!

I loved the old school openings with Vince narrating like the one he did for WrestleMania VI for Hogan/Warrior.

"TITLE FOR TITLE!!! CHAMPION VS. CHAMPION!!! IT'S THE IMMORTAL HULK HOGAN VS. THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR AND IT'S HAPPENING AT WRESTLEMANIA VI!!!!"