TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MarvinisaLunatic

RAW Spoiler for next week

According to a promo that aired on Smackdown, this Monday night we will be treated to..

drumroll please

This is your life Mick Foley - Hosted by the Rock

Will we get a remake of the longest segment ever on RAW?

Will it be a huge waste of the last RAW before Wrestlemania?

Those questions and more will be answered, this Monday Night on RAW!

Tell me you are joking RIGHT NOW, or someone will have their eyes torn out.

I wish I was joking..

*puts on goggles*

Im serious.

I'll try to get a lame screencap of the promo up after Smackdown is over.

Audio:

Mick Foley: This is your life!

(applause)

The Rock hosts a special tribute to a hardcore legend.

Mick Foley: This is your life!

Raw this monday at 9/8 central

Screencap coming..

*destroys you*

The first one is my all time least favorite segment ever, EVER. It was just one big long, pointless, leading to nowhere pieces of crap that I've ever seen on a wrestling show.

The fact that it pulled the second highest rating ever makes me want do slap each and every person that watched that part of the show just because of that segment.

I hated the first one, sequels are rarely better than the first.

Guest Mulatto Heat
*The fact that it pulled the second highest rating ever makes me want do slap each and every person that watched that part of the show just because of that segment.

Well, you can rest assured that This is Your Life, Mick Foley will NOT be drawing an 8.4 rating.

It will be very interesting come next Tuesday or Wednesday to see what rating this segment will get. It'll certainly illustrate the deterioration of the TV viewing audience since September 1999.

Well, I'm sure this one won't even get close to finished if it even gets started. For once, I'm actually HOPING for Randy Orton.

I still think he blows but I'll take Orton over....whatever the hell it will be.

Call me crazy ... but I think something rather nutty might happen in this segment.

As for The Rock being part of this feud, fuck him. I like The Rock, but I wanted to see Randy Orton v Mick Foley. The feud was WAY too good for Rock to be involved in the match.

Guest Deviant

I seriously think I'm going to cry, but that may also be related to that news item relating to Rob Feinstein that I'm just reading up on... This is the worst day I've ever had relating to things read on the internet.

Is Vince purposely trying to kill Mick's heat?

Isn't Mick the one RUNNING this feud?

Foley WANTS to be destroyed, that's the whole point. It's Foley giving himself up for Randy Orton. I doubt Foley has a chance in hell of winning one match in this feud the way he is setting it up.

The first one is my all time least favorite segment ever, EVER. It was just one big long, pointless, leading to nowhere pieces of crap that I've ever seen on a wrestling show.

The fact that it pulled the second highest rating ever makes me want do slap each and every person that watched that part of the show just because of that segment.

I totally agree. I hate that segment with a passion and will never understand how it did such a hig rating when it was just a long, boring piece of mindless crap with The Rock insulting a bunch of people nobody gave a shit about? I mean, what was that segment supposed to achieve?

I totally agree. I hate that segment with a passion and will never understand how it did such a hig rating when it was just a long, boring piece of mindless crap with The Rock insulting a bunch of people nobody gave a shit about? I mean, what was that segment supposed to achieve?

The thing about the first "This is your life" segment that was so special that it was a testament to just how adored The Rock and Mankind were at that point in wrestling history. People tuned in because they wanted to see what would happen next.

And yes, the segment was a pointless, comedy segment, but still...

Guest wrestlingbs

I liked that segment, and I am looking forward to this one.

:dragged away by Deviant to be beaten:

If they were like me, they were figuring that as long as that segment was going and as unappreciative as Rock was being that it had to be the night Mick finally got fed up and just beat the shit out of The Rock.

Was there even an actual ending to that segment?

Sweet jesus.

The WWE goes back and takes advantage of some great continuity (something that many of you bitch about them never doing) between the Rock and Foley, and everybody simultaneously loads up their rifles and fires away like they had just put the World Title on Tank Abbott.

Whether you like it or not, that segment is one of the most memorable segments from the WWE's peak in social popularity. There are mark fans that I talk to that don't remember who's holding the United States Championship on any given week, but damn near remember every moment from "This is your life." They've reduxed Montreal a gazillion times, and they've redone or referenced Austin/McMahon a gazillion times, but this segment is relatively untapped and it fits into the storyline perfectly.

The character motivations are clear. The Rock came back as a personal favor to Mick Foley and, because he respects and appreciates all of the stuff that he did for him and the business, he's going to do a special tribute to help remind Foley of how important he was to the business. Foley is essentially doing a farewell tour here and, for those people that only remember him as fat book-shilling Commisioner Foley, it might be a healthy reminder to some of the newer fans of why Foley is considered a hardcore legend in the first place.

As for Evolution, it gives them a "special moment" to destroy, furthering their disrespect for the Rock 'n Sock connection. Or, if Evolution is somehow not involved, it gives Rock and Foley one last moment in the spotlight before they ride off into the sunset at Wrestlemania.

In either case, it's easily the best hard-sell for an emotional angle on what is supposed to be the "biggest Wrestlemania of all time."

You realize you aren't going to get a viable response from these guys, MiB? Half of these TSM smarks are probably shitting their pants right now because you issued an Offical Dissent that's better then 97% of the posts this folder has ever seen, and they can't mentally comprehend it.

The next response will read, "::heavy breathing:: uh..... um....... huh? Randy Orton sux lol I'm a Smark now lol!".

Just watch.

Guest Brian

It still something that is totally uncharacteristic of the Rock even though I understand this is the send-off Foley didn't get the first time around.

It still something that is totally uncharacteristic of the Rock even though I understand this is the send-off Foley didn't get the first time around.

Of course, you could say that his return to help Foley is uncharacteristic in the first place, given the fact that the basis for The Rock's character is that he's a wee bit self-absorbed (and the fact that I think he was a heel when he left).

Though there is evidence of Rock standing up for Foley - Rock was the main man on the mic for the "Locker Room Walkout" if Triple H didn't reinstate Foley (who had lost the Pink Slip on a Pole match) in 2000.