TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DerangedHermit

The OAO Raw Thread, 3/8/04

THE FINAL STOP ON THE ROAD TO WRESTLEMANIA

March 8, 2004

The Rock's "This Is Your Life" segment was one of the most memorable in RAW history. This Monday night on RAW, The Rock will return the favor to his Rock 'n' Sock Connection partner, as he hosts Mick Foley's "This Is Your Life." Anything can happen as RAW is live from the Arena at Harbor Yard in Bridgeport, Conn. -- the last RAW stop before WrestleMania!

Plus, Stone Cold Steve Austin's ATV was mysteriously towed last week and Brock Lesnar admitted on SmackDown! to being the culprit. How will the Texas Rattlesnake respond just six days before he's due to referee the Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg encounter at WrestleMania?

You'd think both Shawn Michaels and Chris Benoit would have their sights set directly on the World Heavyweight Champion, Triple H, who both Superstars will battle in a Triple Threat Match at WrestleMania. But HBK and the Rabid Wolverine just can't seem to coexist; in fact, they were at each other's throats last week -- and that was when they were tag team partners! Can Benoit and Michaels avoid tearing each other apart on RAW?

All of this and more on the final RAW before WrestleMania at 9/8 CT on Spike TV!

----

Oh JOY, for all the build-up I've seen, you'd think they were building up to something else.

Yeah so will people be actually, you know, wrestling on RAW this week?

UYI

It's called World Wrestling Entertainment for a reason.

The Wrestling must have some form of Entertainment to be of any use to us faithful viewers.

Thus, we won't see much "pure" wrestling on this show. Probably a five minute tag match, a woman's match that is better than any of the guy's matches (somehow gets more time then all of the involved matches) and of course a main event that is either a screw job of some sort to make sure no one looks bad or a main event that just a bunch of people talking about something that makes absolutely no sense at all.

Oh and throw in a jobbers match somewhere in there that is supposed to make us care, but it really is nothing more than resthold after resthold after resthold.

Edited by Lightning Flik

Guest Repo Man Reborn

The only way that the THIS IS YOUR LIFE segment keeps my attention is if Vader shows up with Mick's ear.

Or if the Funker staggers down to the ring and challenges him to barbed wire match.

I'm not looking forward to the "This is your life" segment at all. I hated it the first time back before I even knew anything about ratings. I don't focus on ratings and buy rates. Just what I* like.

Also, this will be the night where Benoit and HBK finally get the best off Triple H and leave him laid out. Then everyone go crazy the rest of the week expecting Triple H to win at WM. As if most don't expect that already.

Guest Coffey

There won't be much wrestling tonight, however a week before Wrestlemania there shouldn't be. This is WWE afterall. They have to sell the PPV. I'm sure Smackdown will be the same way. That's how it should be.

That being said, I plan on being entertained by the Rock segment tonight. He's always entertaining. If this segment is as funny as the last time it went down, it'll be a good show.

I have a feeling the "This is your life, Mick" thing will be serious, with Rock showing Foley various hardcore clips from his career, to motivate him for WrestleMania.

Or, they'll just bring back Yurple.

Fuck Foley. Fuck Michaels and HHH. Fuck Raw.

Oh yeah, Vicky and Molly, too. In a different sense.

I have a feeling the "This is your life, Mick" thing will be serious, with Rock showing Foley various hardcore clips from his career, to motivate him for WrestleMania.

Or, they'll just bring back Yurple. 

Survey says...?

If they showed hardcore clips (the Japan and ECW stuff, the real shit) interspersed with stuff like him winning his first WWF title, "FOLEY IS GOD" signs, him leaving the arena with tears in his eyes at NWO 2000, etc., then I'd be all bout-it bout-it.

I'm pretty sure they did one big video package for Foley. The day after Bad Blood at MSG, they did a video package and the ECW wrestlers came out and presented him with the Hardcore title. Then Orton tossed him down the stairs.

Ohhhh yeah.

Well then, I have no idea what the hell they should do.

Yurple should come out with a giant cake, and then Vader should pop out of it holding Mick Foley's ear.

Ratings, I tell you.

Cant say that Im at all enthused about Raw tonight...

Ill probably watch some but, but the WMXX builup has been pretty sad...

Yurple should come out with a giant cake, and then Vader should pop out of it holding Mick Foley's ear.

vadercake.jpg

I'm not gonna make the obvious bold prediction remark, but I will say: This Is Your Life was cool because it was spontaneous (ie. not lamely promoted a week in advance) and funny, and it was 5 years ago. This is an example of everything we've been saying for years now...they rely on things that used to work (This Is Your Life, HHH, Austin, Foley, Owner vs Worker) instead of making new things. It's sad, really.

Don't forget the MOST important thing happening tonight:

The hard sell of Mania!

Yeah, I think I'll tape the highlights tonight... for memories.

Guest Krazy Karter

The hard sell of Mania!

Current odds on the last phrase JR will say before RAW goes off the air:

BAH GAWD! 1-1

THIS SUNDAY! IT'S WRESTLEMANIA XX! 2-1

WHAT WILL HAPPEN THIS SUNDAY AT WRESTLEMANIA? 3-2

WRESTLEMANIA XX, LIVE THIS SUNDAY ON PAY PER VIEW! 3-2

BUT WILL BENOIT BE ABLE TO WIN AT MANIA? 3-2

DAMN KANE! DAMN HIM TO HELL! 4-1

DAMN EVOLUTION! DAMN THEM TO HELL! 4-1

DAMN HHH! DAMN HIM TO HELL! 5-1

The hard sell of Mania!

Current odds on the last phrase JR will say before RAW goes off the air:

BAH GAWD! 1-1

THIS SUNDAY! IT'S WRESTLEMANIA XX! 2-1

BUT WILL BENOIT BE ABLE TO WIN AT MANIA? 3-2

He'll use 3 of them in about 10 seconds.Just add Wrestle in front of the Mania on your last choice.

Will Austin drive a White Hummer now that his ATV is missing?

No...a black trycicle with Austin flags on it.

We both know he has bad knees.

It will be a black moped with skull logos and a beer can holder.