TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lil' Bitch

New School Question Thread

I stole this idea from the Old School forum, I think it will be a good place for all those questions that don't merit a thread that aren't older than 5 years...

I'll start: When did Kane start using "Slow Chemical" (his current theme) ?

and what took so long for Ric Flair and Rey Mysterio to come to WWE which happened after the Alliance died?

Edited by Loss4Words

I stole this idea from the Old School forum, I think it will be a good place for all those questions that don't merit a thread that aren't older than 5 years...

I'll start: When did Kane start using "Slow Chemical" (his current theme) ?

and what took so long for Ric Flair and Rey Mysterio to come to WWE which happened after the Alliance died?

Kane used the theme for about 1 show then got injured in April 2002.

Kane began using Slow Chemical when he returned around the time of Unforgiven 2002. It played in promos with his then new mask saying "The Fire Still Burns". He came back, new mask, new theme.

I am not positive on Mysterio/Flair, but I think like others they were riding out their contracts, plus Mysterio was trying to heal his knee injury.

When did Kane start using "Slow Chemical" (his current theme) ?

He used it once in April 2002 before he tore his biceps and had to sit out for 4 months. Despite what someone here earlier said, the song was not used in his return-build up promos. They used production music for that.

The answer for both would be their WCW contracts. Flair finally took a buyout the weekend of Survivor Series 2001 and returned on the RAW after Survivor Series 2001, the night after the storyline death of the WCW/ECW Alliance. Rey's delay was a combination of both waiting for his WCW contract to expire (it expired in June 2002) and getting his knee in the best condition possible.

I have one...

When did Kurt Angle use that Remix version of his normal theme (The remix found on the Anthology album set)...and for how long?

He used it during his very first face run in August 2001, as a protagonist to the Steve Austin and the WCW/ECW Alliance. He only used it for about three weeks before going back to the original version.

1.) What was Paul Bearer's last WWE TV appearance and what did he do?

2.) How did Ken Shamrock get the title shot against Austin on that RAW episode in 1998?

Edited by Deon Dark

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
1.) What was Paul Bearer's last WWE TV appearance and what did he do?

2.) How did Ken Shamrock get the title against Austin on that RAW episode in 1998?

I ain't 100% sure but Ken shamrock was pissed for never getting a title shot since his IYH: D-X match and just challenged Austin to a match.

Did NWO 2002 and 2003 have elaborate intro videos on the live telecast? Because I was watching the DVDs and they just start with the intro logo and pyro. I found that strange.

Did NWO 2002 and 2003 have elaborate intro videos on the live telecast? Because I was watching the DVDs and they just start with the intro logo and pyro. I found that strange.

No Way Out 2003 did not have an opening video package.

Kane began using Slow Chemical when he came back on August 26th, 2002.

Paul Bearer last appeared in spring 2000 when Kane came back after Wrestlemania. He promptly dissapeared.

Angle used the remixed version of his theme after Vengeance most notably in a match against Rikishi the night after the PPV.

Guest JumpinJackFlash

I have a question.....since Benoit was in the Royal Rumble for over an hour....

How many German Suplexes were executed in the Royal Rumble?

I was going to make a tally but I wanted to focus on the match itself.

To reiterate what someone said before, Kane used "Slow Chemical" at least once (I believe twice actually) before his injury. It was the bonus track on a few Best Buy copies of Forcable Entry.

I believe it had a music video at the time of Forcable Entry's release as well.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
I have a question:

If you get cloned, and then have sex with your clone... is it incest or masturbation?

I object, that is completely irrelevant to the topic!!

And it's way too disturbing to want to know.

How did Noble and Tajiri split several months ago? For the life of me, I can't remember. Was Noble jealous of Tajiri's lust of Nidia? Just asking because I've got Noble saying "TY-JIRI" stuck in my head.

Tajiri was the ref for Noble v. Nidia. Noble won with a rollup.

Nidia got all upset at Tajiri afterwards and Noble assisted her in kicking his ass.

They fought at No Mercy and Noble won

When did Foley start using his "car crash" music with Mankind?

The RAW directly after his title win (01.11.1999). He later switched to a remixed version when he came back as Commissioner Foley in June of 2000. Then, when he returned in time for Wrestlemania X-7, he went back to the original "car crash" theme (or at least a variant of it, non-remix).

Guest Loss
How come HHH dislikes Jericho so much?

Jericho came into the company in August of 1999, at a point when HHH was in the initial stages of his megapush. They were trying with other guys too, namely Billy Gunn and Jeff Jarrett, but HHH, while he wasn't nearly as over as he needed to be, was the best bet of the three.

He struggled. His promos were solid, but he wasn't finding a way to connect with the crowd. He had an obvious lack of confidence and seemed uncomfortable in his own boots.

Jericho came in and got a large pop and was the immediate buzz. On a night when Shawn Michaels and Jesse Ventura had been brought in to get HHH's title match over, Jericho was *the* topic on the lips of most.

Jericho had a similar look to HHH in that they both had long, blond hair and they were both competing for the same spot. Jericho started getting face heat while HHH's heat continued to dwindle.

Within weeks, rumblings started that Jericho didn't know how to work. Jericho was told to turn up his aggression by management and ended up angering Road Dogg because he slapped him during a match. The Big Show also felt that Jericho was wrestling too stiff against him and didn't sell their size difference nearly as much as he should have.

Jericho's string of political misfortune continued when he threw Stevie Richards out of the ring and Richards landed wrong on his ankle and was sidelined with a broken foot. He smashed Chyna in the back of the head with a hair dryer and actually drew blood hardaway, severely angering her then-boyfriend HHH. X-Pac was complaining to management that he had no sense of timing and Jericho started getting comparisons as a worker to Shane Douglas.

Jericho actually jobbed to Chyna at Survivor Series '99 in a move that would be criticized to hell today that was actually ignored for the most part by the fanbase. Jericho did redeem himself by winning the Intercontinental title at Armageddon, but the following week at the Smackdown tapings, Vince had a private meeting with Jericho where he told him that he was very unhappy with his work up to that point and that he would grant him a release if he felt he couldn't meet company expectations. Jericho fired back and told Vince he was "crazy" and "listening to the wrong people", which only further put him in the doghouse.

Jericho worked hard to adjust his style to the style that WWE wanted. He was wearing lifts in his boots to make him appear taller and this was making him very clumsy. The Chyna feud turned into a partnership that did Jericho absolutely no favors and he spent the first few months of 2000 putting newcomers Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit over.

In April 2000, Eric Bischoff made the comment on WCW Live that Chris Jericho was handled better in WCW than he was in the WWF, which motivated the creative team to run an angle with him to prove Bischoff wrong. This was the 04/17/00 RAW where Jericho got the phantom title win over HHH, which was intended to test his reaction on top, which was tremendous.

Jericho started to move up the card around this time, and while he was still doing jobs almost constantly, he was consistently kept in the upper midcard-main event picture until the Undertaker returned and Jericho ended up back in the midcard. Before 'Taker returned, he was clearly being pushed as the #2 babyface, as the 05/08/00 RAW had him wrestling three times in one night when the Rock couldn't make the show because of movie commitments.

Glass ceiling talk started when the main event of King of the Ring 2000 was announced, and as a result, the company placed Benoit, Jericho and Angle in feuds with Rock, Undertaker and HHH going into Fully Loaded, a PPV which was aptly titled "The Crap Shoot". Jericho's Last Man Standing match with HHH was considered the show-stealer, and while Jericho lost, the feeling was that he was still elevated from the performance.

The company did absolutely nothing to follow up on the performance, as Jericho ended up putting Benoit over on the next PPV and then dropping down the card into a feud with X-Pac where they traded several wins and losses. Talk started again that Jericho couldn't work, and he was paired with Kane, and the two had horrible chemistry and Jericho was clumsier than ever, which by now was a result of not only the lifts, but the muscle mass he had packed on over the course of the previous year. The company felt they were doing a favor to Jericho by programming him with Kane, thinking Kane could show him how to work.

He finished out 2000 in bumbling fashion before redeeming himself with a good showing against Benoit at the Royal Rumble in January of 2001. He was pushed hard over the next three months on TV, beating Guerrero, X-Pac and Benoit (his top three rivals) in one match at No Way Out and holding off Regal in the opener at Wrestlemania.

There are rumors, while unconfirmed, that the original plan for Wrestlemania was for Jericho to defeat HHH in a Last Man Standing rematch, but Jericho did a promo at No Way Out ripping X-Pac to shreds, and X-Pac went to HHH and complained and Jericho was "punished" by being relegated to the opening match. That has never been truly confirmed, but it has been hinted by Meltzer and other reporters at the time.

Jericho jobbed the IC title to HHH immediately after Wrestlemania, which was a controversial move, not only because HHH didn't need the belt, but with Austin turning heel and Rock gone, Jericho and Chris Benoit seemed like the logical choices to elevate. Undertaker and Kane ended up getting those spots and ratings plummeted. Backlash was the first PPV to get under a 1.0 buyrate in over a year and Judgment Day topped out at an 0.84 buyrate. The night after Wrestlemania, RAW delivered a 5.7 rating. Within seven weeks, they dropped to a 4.2. It was obvious the 'Taker/Kane push was bombing.

Jericho and Benoit were now inserted into the top program, with Jericho getting a pinfall win over Steve Austin in a tag match, but HHH tore his quad in the match and was sidelined for several months, leading to a triple-threat main event at King of the Ring which did no one any good, but still managed to top the Judgment Day buyrate at 0.96, which was down from what they were doing earlier in the year and throughout 2000, but was an increase over Austin's previous program, and a major feat considering that the push of Jericho and Benoit stopped after two weeks, with three weeks still to go before the PPV main event.

In late 2001, Jericho won the title on an event that was originally supposed to see HHH return, but he suggested booking changes that were approved. The decision was made that Jericho would transition the title to HHH at Wrestlemania. This decision wasn't so bad in itself, but Jericho was booked as the weakest champion in the history of the company, eclipsing Kurt Angle by a small margin, as Angle at least got more TV time and focus in his first reign.

Backstage at the 02/25/02 RAW, Jericho and HHH got into a shouting match when referee Brian Hebner botched the ending of a Jericho/Angle match. HHH stepped in and told both the referee and Angle that Jericho was the one at fault for blowing the finish, which furthered the heat between the two.

The build to the Wrestlemania main event has been well documented. It's worth mentioning that HHH has only put over Jericho twice; once was the phantom title switch and the other was a fluke rollup on Smackdown in April 2002, which built to Hell in the Cell, where HHH went over yet again. The two have not feuded since then, and in fact, Jericho was the 'lil buddy of HHH for much of 2003.

Other events have happened since then, and what I provided here is probably more than what you initially asked, but basically, HHH's problem with Jericho is that he's a threat to his spot. Even now, nearly five years after entering the company, Jericho is still one of the biggest threats to HHH's main event role.

Guest OnlyMe

I am in awe at that post. Wow.

Backstage at the 02/25/02 RAW, Jericho and HHH got into a shouting match when referee Brian Hebner botched the ending of a Jericho/Angle match. HHH stepped in and told both the referee and Angle that Jericho was the one at fault for blowing the finish, which furthered the heat between the two.

Here's that match, stolen from Scott Keith's rant:

- WWF title match: Chris Jericho v. Kurt Angle. Angle attacks and stomps away, and gets a clothesline for two. German suplex gets two. A charge hits the post, but he suplexes Jericho for two anyway. Jericho dumps him and they brawl, which Jericho gets the better of. Back in, flying elbow gets two. Knee strikes and elbow get two. He keeps chopping and goes for the Walls, reversed for two. Angle takes him down, but gets hotshotted and Jericho goes up. However, Angle does that cool spot where he pops up and suplexes Jericho back down for two. Angle seems to be desperately trying to play babyface to get the dead crowd going. They slug it out, but Angle gets the germans, practically yelling a spot right into the camera in the process. Jericho reverses a third suplex into the Walls, but it’s countered with the Anglelock. Jericho makes the ropes. So Kurt lariats him for two. Angle Slam is blocked into the Walls again, but Angle makes the ropes now. Jericho gets his belts and the ringbell for good measure, but the referee completely blows his cue and they have to stumble around until Angle uses a belt for two. Anglelock in the center, but Jericho makes the ropes. Enzuigiri sends Angle crashing out, where he meets up with Kane. Using a Jericho-Angle match to build to an Angle-Kane match is a pretty silly gamble, in my opinion. Why not just do Jericho-Kane with Angle interfering? Breakdown finishes at 9:05. Good match ruined by the heel/heel fan apathy. **1/2