TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kaertos

SWF Smarkdown Card

SWF Smarkdown 3-22-2004

LIVE from the SOLD-OUT Hara Arena in Dayton, Ohio!

All matches due by 7:00 PM Eastern Time

Send materials to: realitycheck

SWF Intercontinental-Television Title #1 Contenders Match

Mike Van Siclen v. Dace Night

Storms are brewing in the SWF. Rivalries are heating up and danger lurks around every corner. To start this momentous night off, MVS will take on Dace Night for a shot at Toxxic's newly won ICTV Title.

Rules: Standard Singles Match

Word Limit: 4500

Send to: Suicide King

Streetfight for the SWF United States Title

"Coyote" Coy West © v. Alan Clark

Their last match ended in a inconclusive manner. Tonight we get part two of what is sure to become a rivalry for the ages.

Rules: There are no rules. Pin or submission must happen in the ring.

Word Limit: 5000

Send to: HVille Thugg

MXC HCG # 1 Contenders Match

Edward James v. Aecas v. Syndicate

Guest Commentators: Vic Romano and Kenny Blankenship

Guest Ring Announcer: Captain Tenneal

The SWF has recently signed a contract to show SWF Flashback (Classic matches and promos) on the Viacom family of channels, most likely on MTV. So, as a tribute to the fine entertainment they provide, we have the first ever "Most Extreme Elimination Challenge" Match. James and Syndicate are looking to make an impact while Aecas certainly wants another shot at the Phenom that is Toxxic.

Rules: The match will be contested in an open field with three games from MXC. They are:

1. Door Jam

2. Log Drop

3. Sinkers and Floaters

You do not have to play the games, it is just a set, so to speak. If you are not familiar with the show, watch an episode or two on SpikeTV (funny stuff) or check out The Yahoo / MXC Group. You'll have to join the group, but the info is very useful.

Word Limit: 6000

Send to: Grand Slam

Tornado Match for the SWF Tag Team Titles

Wild & Dangerous © v. The House of Todd

These two teams have been on a collision course of late. With rumors flying around the Internet that WildChild is leaving the company, will W&D be able to hang onto their titles, or will the dastardly HoT steal them away?

Rules: All four men are allowed in the ring at one time. Other than that, rules are the same.

Send to: thoth

Tag Team Match

Toxxic & Jimmy "The Demon" Liston v. "The Superior One" Tom Flesher & "A Partner Of His Choosing"

Toxxic has come a long way in a short time. So now he faces one of his greatest challenges to datye: The former World Champion Tom Flesher. But Toxxic still had one string left to pull, and insisted that this be a tag match. On the spot, the punker chose The Demon for his partner. It is now up to Tom to find a partner before Smarkdown or face a handicap match!!

Rules: Standard Tag Match. Toxxic & Liston, you will be PM'd the name of Tom's partner and stats if needed.

send to: realitycheck

---------

A few words from Grand Slam...

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the last card I will be booking for a while. It has come to my attention that I simply do not have the time or energy to keep providing shows and cards on the timely basis you all deserve. So, I shall step down and let someone else have a shot for a while.

I will remain a match marker and the storyline Commissioner. Also, if anyone wants ideas or help with storylines, I'm here for you. Just PM me.

I know what some of you are saying... "It was only a matter of time since King left." Well, that's not entirely true. In fact, I had spoken with King about taking some time away from booking before he decided to leave. I stuck around to ease the transition to the new regime. They seem to be doing pretty well, so I decided now would be a good time. I have been here too long to just leave however, so you know I'll still be about throwing opinions around and helping where I am needed. I think I am still doing the schedule in fact.

Thanks for all of the fun guys. It has been fun booking, but I need some time off.

Oh, and about the MXC match. In the year I have been booking, I have never booked a silly match. I've booked unpopular matches, and I've booked some creative stips, but I have never booked a silly, goofy, "God that will be fun to read" stip. Thus, I ask for your forbearance and a little slack. To the guys in the match, I watch quite a bit of MXC and so does King. If you have questions, let me know. Or just bug King, he won't mind. ::snicker::

Edited by Grand Slam

Argh. I probably should've requested a match for this show since I won't be able to make the next one (SCHOOL PLAY~). Anyway, I'll get a promo in and, hey, I could write an 'unscheduled' match with a local talent that happens to be from Ohio, and from Grappler's time in the SJL! What will this mean?!

Guest Aecas

*scratches his head as he looks at his match*

Well I'll give it a go. :huh:

Oh hang on it says on the website that this is Takeshi's Castle I've seen that so I've got some idea. I'd appreciate a little info on those announcers though as I've not seen the US version. And perhaps a reminder of those three challenges as its been almost a year since I saw this and I'm having toruble finding what they are.

Guest Goodear

Right... Here we go.

Kenny is a letch. A horrible horrible letch. Vic not so much but both he and Kenny seem to take a great deal of joy out of the people getting eliminated. I think they have a segment at the end where its 'Most Extreme Eleminations' hosted by Kenny where they show off the worse hits of the day. OH and they are the Japaneese announcers, just dubbed over.

Captian basically just says, "Let's get it on!"

1. Door Jam

Something like five walls all set up in a row, each with a bunch of 'doors' covered with tissue paper. One door leads to the next wall, the rest lead to THAT wall. As in there is no door there... WHAM!

2. Log Drop

They jump on big rolling pins above a pit of water. In order to get across you usually have to do the lumberjack roll to get your balance and moving on to the next roller. Jump across like six of them to get to the starting platform to one on the other side.

3. Sinkers and Floaters

Bunch of flat rocks in a lake. Some are solid... some not so much. But your foot on the wrong rock and you're getting into the drink and maybe colliding with a floater. Get across the lake to win.

I think that pretty much covers it. I'm sure others could come up with more information, but thats the bare bones of it.

Edited by Goodear

Guest Goodear
Again??

*Sits on the floor, dazed*

Hurm... a little harder to do the finish that doesn't hurt either guy and shows that they respect each other and would probably be a better team than opponents when we're supposed to cripple each other. I say we hit each other with popcorn bags.

Actually, "Door Jam" is the giant maze like thing. Basically there are a bunch of small rooms with doors connecting each other. There is one door in, and one door out. Several doors at one end of the maze lead into a mud filled pit.

Captain Tenneal also does a quick little interview with the contestants before the show starts that usually revolves around him asking long-winded questions with yes or no answers, then making fun of some of the contestants.

Oh, and I apologize Graps. I had you booked against Janus, but I must have left it off the card. If you guys are both up for it, I'll add it to the card. Otherwise, no big deal and promo or something.

Edited by Grand Slam

Ok, I've had a day to let it set in...

Quick question to Z and Thoth: Just how exactly does this match I've been booked in for the 23rd result in being "eased back into things"? I ask you two since I'm quite sure I PMed you both stating this.

Now then, my next question: Am I too assume that the purpose of this is to "beat" each game as it is on the show? Or is it till pinfall? Or does this play out via "best of three" kind of thing?

Needless to say, I'll be working my ass off till Tuesday. I'll probably need every day to get this concept down.

Don't blame Z or Thoth, I booked the match. I didn't know you were supposed to be "eased back into things" as you didn't tell me. Once I hear you are available to be booked, unless I hear otherwise, you are fair game.

And the point is to get a pinfall or submission. Consider the games placed all right next to each other. If you have ever read the "American Gladiators Match" from G4 (don't feel like looking it up to link it), it is very similar. But sillier.

Now... [Rant] (and this isn't you speciafically Flik)

This is one of the reasons I am leaving the booking position. The standing rule is to PM the booker of the show if you want anything special, not PM someone on CC and hope they happen to tell the right guy. There is a schedule that I put a pretty decent amount of time into doing that tells you who is posting and booking every single show. Use it, love it.[/rant]

Don't blame Z or Thoth, I booked the match. I didn't know you were supposed to be "eased back into things" as you didn't tell me. Once I hear you are available to be booked, unless I hear otherwise, you are fair game.

Now... [Rant] (and this isn't you speciafically Flik)

This is one of the reasons I am leaving the booking position. The standing rule is to PM the booker of the show if you want anything special, not PM someone on CC and hope they happen to tell the right guy. There is a schedule that I put a pretty decent amount of time into doing that tells you who is posting and booking every single show. Use it, love it.[/rant]

I directed that to Z and Thoth because Z told me to tell Thoth that so I did. Hence I thought I had that settled. Had I known I needed to talk to you, GS, I would've.

I'm not mad or anything, but my mouth just crashed to the floor when I read that stip and saw my name attatched. All I could think of was "...this...is...yah..." Hence why I needed a day to get over the stupidifiedness that I was in. I kinda was like "ok, maybe they thought giving me a silly match was the way to ease me into things". Definitely getting the ol' juice thingy in my head going again.

Please don't think I'm mad at you, Z or Thoth, I'm not really. Just don't know if I'll be able to make something that is deserving of the stip.

Guest Aecas

*hmmmms*

Are we allowed any extra weapons in this Mark? :D

Or will I have to use Captain Tenneal or the promoted General Tenneal as he is in takleshi's Castle as a baseball bat? :D

Oh yeah and can we have all the Japanese jobbers depserately trying to get through the place?

Actually theres an idea...

Rando, you are a brave man to mention there might be a v.2 of the MXC Match.

You are even braver to volunteer for it. :)

Flik: No hard feelings. Do what you can chief. That's all I ever ask.

Aecas: It is, in effect, a no-DQ match. I encourage all of you to use your imagination. Remember, I am marking this beastie and I want to be entertained!!

Entertain ME!!!!!

Edited by Grand Slam

Guest Aecas

Very well then.

*pulls out his Scythe and salutes Grand Slam*

We who are about to die salute you!

Given that there is NO WAY IN HELL I'd have ever picked Liston - since he doesn't, you know, write anymore, and he got beaten by ONE MOVE on Lockdown - I'm a little confused as to how this match is meant to be anything more than a glorified squash for Taamo and his partner. And let me just state, his partner ain't Exploding Chicken.

Nevertheless, in an effort to push Toxxic's ego even higher I'll write myself to win, as ever.

Good luck, everyone (especially Aec, since you're writing based on a tv show from another country...)

Sorry Toxxic, I had no idea Liston was a no-show. I apologize. I'll file that away in the "Things that I would have liked to know 24 hrs. ago."

Guest Aecas
I expect to see more head dropping in the MXC match than in the entire last decade of AJPW. expect

-Annie

Well I'll certainly try my best.

I'm going into writing mode on Sunday and I intend to be completely legless while writing this match so that may or may not help to stimulate some ideas.