TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

Should TSM have a merch. affiliate program?

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

Here's a question for the main site writers and admins:

Should thesmartmarks.com sign up to be an affiliate for a merchandise site? The way it would work is, if someone buys merchandise from the vendor by clicking through an ad on the site (in this case TSM), then TSM would receive a percentage of the sale, usually about 10%. I think we get enough traffic that we could pull in at least a small amount of cash, and it would make it easier to pay for the costs of the webspace and the message board.

A lot of the major 'Net sites are Highspots affiliates, and it's worked out really well for fan sites like CZWFans.com. Llakor from IWS said that IWS's affiliate program is up, and since I cover a lot of IWS material, and I've been told via email that quite a few people bought one of the DVDs from my reviews, TSM could rake in some coin there. Also, I don't know if wrestlingsuperstore.com has a program like that, but since Zack works there he could point a lot of people there through TSM.

I'm not sure if there's any hidden features to this thing that make it a bad idea, so if someone knows better and could give their opinion, that would be cool.

I don't think that's what he's talking about...

However, it was briefly considered to have a TSM shirt that said OMG WTF?!? I would have bought 100. For those who weren't around, it was my catchphrase. Wouldn't work now... I never say that anymore.

Guest FrigidSoul

Speaking of T-shirts, where did you get that Krusty-O's T-shirt that you're wearing in that pic Inca? I wouldn't mind having one of those myself.

Guest FrigidSoul

Ok, I'll have to ignore the awful techno raver music they blast within the store, coupled with the ugly piercings and tattoos all over my face girls they hire and go in there.

Gracias

Ok, I'll have to ignore the awful techno raver music they blast within the store, coupled with the ugly piercings and tattoos all over my face girls they hire and go in there.

Gracias

Say "hi" to my mom if she is still there.

Guest FrigidSoul

Well I'm telling you, the one in the mall near me plays techno raver music...has all these weird colored lights than pan the room, and a bunch of ugly women with piercing all through out their face and tattoos on their necks. I go in there and after 5min I just feel like punching somebody because I'm so out of my comfort zone.

We use to have a Hot Topic that was more like a thrift shop...people could bring in old retro clothing and they would buy them from ya. The place closed down though as it was in a horrible neighborhood and got robbed several times(yes, they robbed the thrift style Hot Topic)

Well I'm telling you, the one in the mall near me plays techno raver music...has all these weird colored lights than pan the room, and a bunch of ugly women with piercing all through out their face and tattoos on their necks. I go in there and after 5min I just feel like punching somebody because I'm so out of my comfort zone.

I want that one. GIMME! Well, minus the pierced/drawn-on girls.

Another thing to consider- A CafePress shop like this one: pwned by gravity

The site would get a kickback on any merchandise sold based on our designs. The only catch is that anything used has to be owned by us and NOT the legal properties of someone else, which probably scuttles the chances of a HHHaters coffee mug (goddammit).

Guest Anglesault
Another thing to consider- A CafePress shop like this one: pwned by gravity

The site would get a kickback on any merchandise sold based on our designs. The only catch is that anything used has to be owned by us and NOT the legal properties of someone else, which probably scuttles the chances of a HHHaters coffee mug (goddammit).

An Anglesault shirt would sell.

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

I love how only two people got the actual point of this topic.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I want that one. GIMME! Well, minus the pierced/drawn-on girls.

Yoink.

Guest Anglesault

I'm discouraged by the lack of support for my shirt.

I have plenty of little ASholes out there who would wear it.

TSM T-Shirt available sizes:

XXXL

XXXXXXXL

Bob Barron Scrawny (Small)

Would it have a SNL mail bag review on the back?

"Randy Orton really has heat"

"One And Only"

"Bah Gawd"

"~"

Should be on the T-shirts.

Guest Anglesault
I'd buy it AS, as long as that damn pic you sent me of Randy Orton never surfaces again.

That pic could come back at any moment.

Warn your friends. Warn Everyone.