TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kurt Angle Mark

Notes from Smackdown:(*Spoilers*)

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
The big Bradshaw singles push, just like when they first split the roster.

It HAS all begun...again.

Where It Begins To Suck...Again.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Cookies + Milk + Flamboyant Man + Blonde Female = Christmas at HBK's House

I know this is wrong, but imagine Jesus Christ dancing around like Shawn Michaels. It will be frozen in anyones mind.

(Jesus Christ stands in the middle of the ring)

"Well, it seems, uh, like I've done this before. And uh, this time, unfortunately for me, it's much more serious than last time. I've never had, um, God look at me in the face and say, uh, that I may never be able to perform miracles again. And I was, uh, I was told that the other day. Of course, you know I, it's something that I truly believe. The fact is it's something that I am going to have to deal with. Time has taken it's toll on, on my body and my soul. Well there's uh, one thing about me is I can't do anything halfway and I, and I come here and I hear the people talk about how I might brought something new into the world... and one thing's for sure, you're going to have all of that in the future, um, and that's what I want for the Christianity fans. In spite of, uh, what people may think about me, what I've always wanted for all these people is, is for them to have a good time and to enjoy themselves. I've always tried to be the one to provide it whether it was on the good side or the bad side. But what was always important to me was the performance, so that these people didn't regret it because they knew that if they saw me they could yell, they could come and they could cheer and they could boo and they could do whatever they wanted as long as they had a good time. Over the last couple of months, uh, there's been a lot of talk of people, uh, having bad attitudes and a lot revolving around all of this. Uh, all I know today is that one thing that's not going to revolve around this for a long time is going to be Jesus Christ. I don't know where I'm at right now. I have to, uh, I have to have everything checked out. I may have... I may be beyond help. I may, or may not be able to fix it all. But if I can't come back and perform at the level I performed at, before...I can't, I can't perform. I can't come to you and just go half-ass. I have to come out here and I have to praise and worship and I have to get tossed around. I have to take beatings and I have to have a little fun too. The schedule over the last year I took on because I didn't feel like I could say no. I wanted to do everything. I wanted to enjoy my life as the Savior. I wanted to, I wanted to walk on water and travel the world, and I got to do every bit of that. If nothing else, I have all of that to take with me. Again, and I know right now we're in the middle of a time where toughness is real big here, and unfortunately all I've got right now for you is a lot of sorrow, a lot of tears, and a lot of emotion. I don't have any toughness for anybody, so I guess, here you go, here's your Savior. What I'm going to do is go back home and see what's left for me; whether it'll be in this life...whether it'll be out of this life. I know that over the, uh, the last several months I've lost a lot of things and one of them has been my smile. And, and I know it doesn't mean a whole lot to everbody else, but it means a lot to me. So I have to go back and fix myself, and take care of myself, and I have to go back and I have to find my smile because somewhere along the line I lost it and I don't care, really, I don't care if it's unpopular, and I don't care if, uh, people want to make fun of me because I'm an emotional guy. But, um, this is all I've ever wanted to do and uh, over the last year I got to do it and whether you like me or not, I just want to tell you that, uh, last year was the most wonderful year of my life. And, uh, if I never do get to do it again, it'll be okay because I got to live one full year as being the number one guy in this world and it was the single greatest year of my life. And I have you to thank, and I have everybody here to thank, and it means a lot to me and, uh, I'm gonna go home now. Okay?"

Angle announces himself the GM opf Smackdown and announces that he has traded HHH for the Dudley Boyz and Booker T.

Booker, Dudleys, in case you were wondering about how much your company values you, let us make it REAL clear.

"Well, it seems, uh, like I've done this before. And uh, this time, unfortunately for me, it's much more serious than last time. I've never had, um, God look at me in the face and say, uh, that I may never be able to perform miracles again. And I was, uh, I was told that the other day. Of course, you know I, it's something that I truly believe. The fact is it's something that I am going to have to deal with. Time has taken it's toll on, on my body and my soul. Well there's uh, one thing about me is I can't do anything halfway and I, and I come here and I hear the people talk about how I might brought something new into the world... and one thing's for sure, you're going to have all of that in the future, um, and that's what I want for the Christianity fans. In spite of, uh, what people may think about me, what I've always wanted for all these people is, is for them to have a good time and to enjoy themselves. I've always tried to be the one to provide it whether it was on the good side or the bad side. But what was always important to me was the performance, so that these people didn't regret it because they knew that if they saw me they could yell, they could come and they could cheer and they could boo and they could do whatever they wanted as long as they had a good time. Over the last couple of months, uh, there's been a lot of talk of people, uh, having bad attitudes and a lot revolving around all of this. Uh, all I know today is that one thing that's not going to revolve around this for a long time is going to be Jesus Christ. I don't know where I'm at right now. I have to, uh, I have to have everything checked out. I may have... I may be beyond help. I may, or may not be able to fix it all. But if I can't come back and perform at the level I performed at, before...I can't, I can't perform. I can't come to you and just go half-ass. I have to come out here and I have to praise and worship and I have to get tossed around. I have to take beatings and I have to have a little fun too. The schedule over the last year I took on because I didn't feel like I could say no. I wanted to do everything. I wanted to enjoy my life as the Savior. I wanted to, I wanted to walk on water and travel the world, and I got to do every bit of that. If nothing else, I have all of that to take with me. Again, and I know right now we're in the middle of a time where toughness is real big here, and unfortunately all I've got right now for you is a lot of sorrow, a lot of tears, and a lot of emotion. I don't have any toughness for anybody, so I guess, here you go, here's your Savior. What I'm going to do is go back home and see what's left for me; whether it'll be in this life...whether it'll be out of this life. I know that over the, uh, the last several months I've lost a lot of things and one of them has been my smile. And, and I know it doesn't mean a whole lot to everbody else, but it means a lot to me. So I have to go back and fix myself, and take care of myself, and I have to go back and I have to find my smile because somewhere along the line I lost it and I don't care, really, I don't care if it's unpopular, and I don't care if, uh, people want to make fun of me because I'm an emotional guy. But, um, this is all I've ever wanted to do and uh, over the last year I got to do it and whether you like me or not, I just want to tell you that, uh, last year was the most wonderful year of my life. And, uh, if I never do get to do it again, it'll be okay because I got to live one full year as being the number one guy in this world and it was the single greatest year of my life. And I have you to thank, and I have everybody here to thank, and it means a lot to me and, uh, I'm gonna go home now. Okay?"

This could never happen...the mic would fall through his hands.

Okay that was wrong, sorry.

Guest Adrian 3:16

Hold up... so what the fuck was the point of making that big deal of trading HHH, when he gets traded back off-screen before even appearing on ONE episode of Smackdown?

If Angle is the new GM, I assume he'll be pretty much in a non-wrestling role. (which is for the best, for the sake of his own health) But my point is, I wonder how long it will take for a lot of you to turn on him like you did with Austin...

Hold up... so what the fuck was the point of making that big deal of trading HHH, when he gets traded back off-screen before even appearing on ONE episode of Smackdown?

If Angle is the new GM, I assume he'll be pretty much in a non-wrestling role. (which is for the best, for the sake of his own health) But my point is, I wonder how long it will take for a lot of you to turn on him like you did with Austin...

a) To artificially give SD more picks while still using one to remove Heyman from his current GM role.

b) To stroke HHH's ego.

c) To move a whole tag team without having to use two on-air picks to do it.

Take your pick.

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking

I've pondered that they realised the mistake in Drafting Triple H, as in "Shit... weren't we giving him Edge?", but even WWE couldn't be that stupid.

Stroking his ego and for the sake of other Drafts seems about right.

I feel the ONLY real reason that HHH was "traded" was so that they could have a match between HHH/Eddie.

Hey, at least RVD is away from him.

Triple H VS Eddie Guerrero - but the match was on Raw, although I follow you.

I'll see it on Friday night.

Dammit! I was pressured into reading the results for Raw! PRESSURED, I TELL YOU!

This could never happen...the mic would fall through his hands.

Okay that was wrong, sorry.

:lol: That got a bigger laugh out of me than anything else today.

Bisch: I want back HHH.

Angle: NO!

Actually, after having watched Angle nearly snap his neck in two and go back to wrestling the next week, I think he's probably too stupid to get that far.

It probably went like this:

Eric: I'll give you the wrestling equivelant of Baltic Avenue and Marvin Gardens for your Park Place.

Angle: OK sure... Where's Baltic on the board again? All these chairshots have mess my memory.

Eric: Uh, yeah.

Eric: Uh, yeah

My sentiments exactly.

Just think of the reign of terror that HHH will unleash on Raw for taunting him after he got drafted. You just know that they're going to make a big deal of it.

After such a highly-anticipated return, here we see young Adam Copeland before and after his feud with the new World Heavyweight Champion, Triple H.

Before

edge.jpg

Ready to go.

After

edge21.jpg

Trying to keep the fan's faith while advertising t-shirts that nobody wants.

The difference in his enthusiasm level is obvious.

Next week at SummerSlam, it's Triple H taking on Shelton Benjamin and newly-Drafted John Cena in a Triple-Threat Match for the World Heavyweight Championship.

See you there,

iB

I can't beleave i'm actually typing this...but put HHH back on Smackdown, please! Ahh fuck it we never get what we want.

I wonder how long it will take for a lot of you to turn on him like you did with Austin...

As soon as he rides down on his scooter, drinks his milk, and hands out Angle Slams every week to the active roster.

Guest Salacious Crumb

So bascially Smackdown is still missing legit heels and stars. Let's face it Booker T and RVD are damaged worse than Jericho at this point.

So a huge deal was made and in the end no one of any importance gets moved. And let's not forget that Dupree was also completely humiliated and now they expect to push the guy? Come on.

Big Show was damaged goods, too, and he turned out pretty well on SD.

Booker T turning makes no sense, but if that means he's not in a tag team with RVD anymore, then good.

SD needs heels, and Booker needs a fresh start.

why not do it the other way around? have Eddie v Bradshaw this week and set up Eddie v Booker as the big SD match the week of the ppv? Doesnt that make more sense? Fans are into Booker and him coming from RAW will give him attention.

Because they're probably saving it for a PPV. No need to give it away for free.

While Booker T and Rob Van Dam have been fucked up the ass tremendously on Raw, I can see a fresh start for them - they could great separate, although their pairing, World Tag Team Championship reign and split still makes no sense.

Guest Goodear

I can;t imagine they have Bradshaw picked for a super heavy duty push based on the jobs he's doing to Billy Kidman on the house show circut. But this is the company that gave us the Hardcore Holly PPV World Title Chot so nothing would really be all that surprising.

Booker T and RVD's split will be pretty easy to see the way they are going. Booker basically was all 'OMG they can't split us up!' but as soon as he goes to Smackdown he gets all bitter about the show he's on. RVD responds with a 'hey, why can't we team here' and hypocrasy insues. Should be pretty easy to set up and stage correctly in the next couple of weeks, although I don't know if it will go to PPV or not considering the need to give Eddie an opponent.

Hashed and re-hashed or not, a Booker/Van Dam feud to really split them up could be in the works, although it's sense factor would be 0.

I really don't see why they need to paint by the numbers and explain why RVD and Booker split. They we're put together in the first place because RVD had the thing with Orton and I believe Booker had a match or two with Batista. Then they were put together and got a fluke tag title victory.

They were never a real team in the first place and everyone looks at them as singles wrestlers. They have a brand new start now where they go their separate ways. RVD is all, well, RVD and Booker is pissed and bitter about being moved.

Well, I just came up with a nearly year long storyline out of this....

On the next Smackdown, Angle introduces Long as the new Chief of Staff, kind of like Morely was to Bischoff. Booker immediately siezes the oppurtunity and asks for the administrations support in going after Guerrero. Angle, who hates Guerrero agrees, and Long agrees based on the fact that Booker is black. Have Guerrero and Booker go at it until SS (you can throw Bradshaw in there every now and then)with Guerrero winning the blow off match and then have Show come back from surgery and spark up a program with Guerrero with Guerrero retaining at SurSer. From there, hopefully they would have built up Dupree with him going over at No Way Out after a year long Eddie reign.

Guest Choken One

You are aware that Orton or HHH has to jump to raw and take Eddy's title for the CHAMPION VS CHAMPION WM21 Main event right?

Anyways, at some point Eddy and RVD need to redo their little feud they had back in the day...ya know the one that produced a couple ***1/2+ matches and had hot crowd support...

detailed results from the show

Full WWE Smackdown Taping Results [spoilers]

Posted By Ashish on 03.24.04

All the results from the post-draft edition of SD!

Credit: Mike Witkowski & Greg Malaric, PWTorch

We open with a clip from the draft, highlighting the new additions to Smackdown, and Paul Heyman's resignation; opening pyro.

"It's time to play the game... " Triple H's music hits, but he does not appear. Eventually Kurt Angle, in suit, comes to the ring, and he's got something to say. "The new GM is going to take SD to new heights... business over their personal life... somebody with respect and class... and that new general manager is me, Kurt Angle." Angle then announces the trades that he made for Triple H, The Dudleys... who will fight later, and Booker T, who comes to the ring.

Booker looks disappointed and yes, yes, you do smell a heel turn here. Booker proceeds to downtalk SD, saying it is "the minor leagues, and I'm better than everyone in the locker room, and the Raw fans respected me." Kurt, being the thinking man he is, agrees with Booker, tells him that he is going to higher places than he ever was on Raw, and both leave the ring.

(1) RVD over Charlie Haas. This was a quality match, and RVD was over quite nicely as the homer (Battle Creek is all of a 20min drive). The two go back and forth for a while, each hitting their respective spots. Haas exposes a turnbuckle, but for no reason as RVD rolls him up for the 1-2-3; no five-star frogsplash.

(2) Renee Dupree over Billy Kidman. This was a short match, and thankfully was intended to put Dupree over, and not to promote Kidman. Following the match, Tuganomics hits and sporting the MSU Magic Johnson, John Cena confronts Dupree. Welcome to SD, there's a few things you should know... "That's Tazz, he's a thug, and Michael Cole, he's gay... keep you're wallet/watch safe, cuz Guerrero will steal them, he still owes me 50 and he's got my ID... stay out of the bathroom after Big Show or Rikishi..." Then he tears on Dupree, as the crowd gives him some heat, closes up with "suck on these nuts," tossing a bag of nuts at him.

Backstage Eddie goes around the locker room, welcoming the new guys. RVD and Spike most specifically, though Rey and Funaki are there too (?). Then he gets to the Booker man, who is unresponsive to Eddie's words. Booker then insults Eddie and his belt, spits on the floor, and continues his degradation of Smackdown. Eddie turns away only to spear Booker into a door. The others in the locker room quickly split up the two.

(3) The Dudleys defeat The Bashams. Bashams wearing some new, velvet looking pants, a big change from the black ones. Typical tag match here. The Bashams pull a switch near the end, Devon hits the "wassup" move (whatever they call it) and a 3-D for the victory.

Backstage again, Booker and Angle are talking. Booker says how Eddie disrespected him. Well, Kurt comes back saying that maybe by the end of the night Eddie will respect a new World Champion in Booker T. A match is set for later in the night

(4) Chavo Guerrero Jr. defeats Spike Dudley. This match was actually decent, even though Bubba and D-Von., who stayed at ringside, really could have gone to the back; they seemed to take away from the match at hand as far as the crowd went. Following the match all three Dudleys were in the ring and got a respectful applause.

We are shown clips of Faarooq being fired, and Bradshaw unwilling to leave.

New music/video hits, and it's the "new" Bradsaw, coming out in a suit and white cowboy hat. He talks about how great he is, better than the general public, great stock portfolio, resume, etc. Kind of boring, but hey, it's character development. Many expected Taker to come out and beat down Bradshaw, but he ended his speech and left alone.

(5) Eddie Guerrero over Booker T. During this match the crowd was absolutely dead, and people in the floor center section stood up the whole time despite the lack of activity. This was a boring match, although understandable as Eddie has been quite active as of late (Angle pointed this out earlier in the show), fighting many consecutive nights. Lots of headlocks, wear-down moves, and mat takedowns, not the type of match we are used to from Booker, or Eddie for that matter. Finally Eddie picks it up, hits the triple suplex and a Frog Splash. During the pin, Bradshaw comes down and attacks Eddie. Why? Not really sure where the taping stops, but Bradshaw hits the Clothesline from Hell (though it may have a Wall Street name now), and celebrates on the top turnbuckle. When he goes to set up Eddie for a powerbomb(?), he gets flipped, hit with the triple suplex, and a Frog Splash of his own. Eddie drives back and celebrates at the entrance way on the top of his truck to a well deserved standing ovation (not for tonight's performance, but for recent accomplishments).

Biggest Pops (no order)

-Eddie

-RVD

-John Cena

-Dudleys

-Rico (mostly Jackie)

Most Heel Heat

-Bradshaw and Booker by default

-NOBODY ELSE - see below

Now there was a reason there were no other people receiving mentionable heat. The crowd was terrible. We already mentioned that the arena was maybe 50 percent full, but the fans there had little enthusiasm or knowledge of how to get things going. We tried to boo Booker, but people simply did not pick up on it; same with Bradshaw. Unlike Raw in Detroit, where the crowd was HOT, do not be surprised at all if there is some crowd noise added to this show.

This was my fifth Smackdown over the past few years, and was by far the worst, mostly due to a lackluster crowd, but content as well. No Taker, no Big Show, no Torrie/Sable (though Sable is out?). Granted, it was mostly a set up show, as SD does not have a PPV until May. But still. After going to WrestleMania XX, Raw last night, and finally Smackdown tonight, this show cannot even be compared to the other two, as they rank near the top of our all time list. One solution for the WWE concerning Grand Rapids and the poor attendance... the show in August was packed, tonight was poor attendance, thus to get better attendance in Grand Rapids, it should probably be a show in the summer as fewer people (mostly college students) are willing to make the drive from wherever.

We give the show a 1 out of 5 score, compared to Raw's 5 of 5.

Credit: 411mania.com

Guest CronoT
HHH back to Raw! LMAO @ SMARKS! :P

We all knew that Cripple H would never be out of the title picture, ever.

Since Eddy is expected to have a long title reign, that means Benoit is screwed.