TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

The OAO NBA Playoffs/Finals Thread

Guest OraleHolmes

I guess you're somewhat correct on this, Ripper. For instance, I doubt Fisher can fart in 0.4 seconds, let alone catch the ball, turn, and shoot the ball over his shoulder. Yeah, that does seem like a bit much for 0.4 seconds. BUT...the point is moot because L.A. should've had 0.8 seconds, and if anyone should be protesting, it's the Lakers.

Well, they won. Drop it. Everyone else has.

HOLY SHIT...I just read that Szczerbiak is going to play tonight.

Is Sprewell still alive?

I've heard nothing about him in this series.

He is Latrell Sprewell.

He can give you 30 on one night and 6 the next. Thats what he does.

He has had some good games and some others he just wasn't there.

As of RIGHT NOW, the Olympic team consists of

Karl Malone

Jason Kidd

Tim Duncan

Jermaine O'Neal

Allen Iverson

Tracy McGrady

Mike Bibby

LeBron James

Shawn Marion

Amare Stoudemire

Richard Jefferson

Stephon Marbury

Kidd, Malone, and O'Neal have all hinted that they may pull out...but hell this roster could be 2/3 different by Monday.

As of RIGHT NOW, the Olympic team consists of

Karl Malone

Jason Kidd

Tim Duncan

Jermaine O'Neal

Allen Iverson

Tracy McGrady

Mike Bibby

LeBron James

Shawn Marion

Amare Stoudemire

Richard Jefferson

Stephon Marbury

Kidd, Malone, and O'Neal have all hinted that they may pull out...but hell this roster could be 2/3 different by Monday.

Goddamn the Suns are going to suck next year. Two injury prone guys playing at the olympics...dammit.

The roster is getting is getting closer and closer to the roster from the embarrasing 2002 World Championships.

I just read T-Mac may also pull out because of safety concerns.

Yeah, Jermaine voiced concerns about that as well. He's been talking about pulling out for a while because of his back though.

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

Or get their asses blown up in Athens.

I remember a week ago everyone counting out the Lakers.....now everyone's counting out the Spurs.

This series is going to the wire in Game 7. No way the Spurs embarass themselves and lose 4 straight. They're taking it to a Game 7.

If they don't though.....I pray that SAC or the T-Wolves whip the shit out of them in the finals.

I don't think I could stand the Lakers winning the title this year.

Guest Choken One

I seriously can't blame T-Mac and others for being afraid to go...The Gold Medal isn't what they play this game for...they play to win the NBA TITLE.

I still think USA ought to bring back the College Players format and get rid of the PRO PLAYERS crap...I always believed using professional players stains the intergrity.

Figure Staking only allows Amaturs...why can't the Basketball and the other sports do that?

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

Kenny Smith just brought up an interesting point. Derek Fisher is left-handed which helped him get the shot off.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

for the second straight night, holy fuck balls.

I remember a week ago everyone counting out the Lakers.....now everyone's counting out the Spurs.

This series is going to the wire in Game 7. No way the Spurs embarass themselves and lose 4 straight. They're taking it to a Game 7.

I completely agree. The way LA has been this year, I wouldn't be surprise if they go into game 6 thinking their hot shit again only to lose. If there's going to be a team who wins an elimination game -- on the road, for that matter -- it'll be the Spurs. I'm sure Pop is breaking out Rudy T's "Never underestimate the heart of a champion" quote. Once LA won games 3 & 4 there was no doubt in my mind the series was going seven, and I still believe that. Of course I thought SA would win game 5, with LA taking game 6.

Guest Choken One

The Det/NJ Game 5 has been fun as fucking hell.

Great shot by Billups to save the game.

Watching the game here with a few friends here, and we're all just totally exhausted (hoarse throats and shit) going into the third overtime.

Guest Coffey
This last OT favors NJ unfortunatly, with Rip, Big Ben, and Rasheed ALL FOULED OUT. :(

(after the last two finals, I cant believe ANYBODY would want NJ to wni)

Well, it looks like NJ has this game wrapped up, but I don't care who wins this series. I just hope that whichever team wins this series ends up losing to the Indiana Pacers in the Eastern Conference Finals. I wouldn't mind seeing Minnesota come out of the West either. Indiana Vs. Minnesota in the NBA Finals would be pretty swank.

Guest Choken One

Indy/Minn would draw more then SA/NJ did. Marginally. The biggest draw right now would be LA/Det. (two big markets and big names)...the low draw would be SA/Miami.

However...This game was just fantastic. Amazing.

for once the game every other day schedule will be worthwhile(for the tired players...and fans)

Guest Choken One
Non-Mavericks? :huh:

And, oh yeah: fuck this game! Detroit and New Jersey are collectively giving Kings and Timberwolves fans around the country the middle finger...

Shut Up.

Triple OT games are rare. It's worth missing the first half of the game.

If it was on ESPN...They would have sent TWOLVES/Kings to ESPN2. TNT doesn't have that option. (unless they decided to stop airing Field of Dreams...which is considered a SIN in america)

Guest TheArchiteck

AMAZING game. Its a shame my team lost like that though.

Brown, I don't know what he was thinking. He could have easily had Memo in there, but decided to put Darvin in. BIG MISTAKE. He doesn't draw fouls...he doesn't lay up, he doesn't make jump shots...all he does is dunk. Damn, that was a heartbreaker. Anyways, Billups is the man.

Guest Mindless_Aggression

That was quite possibly the funnest playoff game in years. Just amazing stuff.