TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheDevilAndGodAreRagingInsideMe

Why ESPN sucks

Guest Redhawk

Terrell Owens: We go together like peanut butter and jelly. Like ham and cheese.

Andrea Kramer: Cheese-STEAKS. You're in Philadelphia now, Terrell. Cheese-STEAKS.

Terrell Owens: Uhh.....ham and cheesesteaks.

SHUT UP! That was the corniest thing I've ever heard on Sportscenter, and the sad part is, they didn't have to use it! It was a taped interview, which means someone thought that was cute and left it in there!

BTW, did anyone watch the Sportscenter Kid Rock and Alanis Morissette concerts? I was staying somewhere where I didn't have a TV at the time. Did they actually go through with it?

I saw the Alanis one and the Roots(is that their name?) one and surprisingly...they weren't that bad. They explored the simularities between music and sport, and each performance had video clips of athletes, etc. (The Roots are apparently from Philadelphia, so most of their video centered on Philadelphia sports, like a highlight package).

It really wasn't any different from what they do on New Years Eve with the recap of sports in the previous year with music and all.

Guest Anglesault

I've actually come to dred when the some combination of the Cubs, Reds and Giants meet.

Guest Anglesault
That you guys all hate ESPN so much continues to convince me that I'm right in my like of it.

such a rebel

Guest Salacious Crumb

What the hell? ESPN2 had a math competition on all afternoon yesterday...... a fucking math competition.

Guest Salacious Crumb

I don't see why ESPN doesn't do what Fox does. If you have an hour of nothing just throw some old boxing matches on or something. Don't throw dumb crap like spelling bees and math competitions on.

Anybody remember the summer league in-line skate hockey league that was on ESPN years ago? I sure ESPN could find some X-Games filler somewhere.....to bad Fox Sports Net has the better show in 5,4,3,2,1 with Wee Man as the host and that Bluetooth show.

Guest Salacious Crumb

BTW, where'd the K-1 stuff go. I was really enjoying it during the spring and ESPN pulled the plug. Surely it does better than little league, etc.

The LLWS is a once a year event, and it has over 70 years of tradition behind it. I do think its lost some of its luster the past few years, but I can't see ditching it as a televised event.

Guest MikeSC
Nah, I've just noticed that the more the people on this board dislike something, the more I generally like it.

So, your tastes are dictated by a wrestling message board?

And you are PROUD of that?

-=Mike

The LLWS is a once a year event, and it has over 70 years of tradition behind it. I do think its lost some of its luster the past few years, but I can't see ditching it as a televised event.

I hate how much pressure these 12 year olds get. Are they even having fun, or is it all just competition?

I don't see why ESPN doesn't do what Fox does.  If you have an hour of nothing just throw some old boxing matches on or something.  Don't throw dumb crap like spelling bees and math competitions on.

Isn't that what ESPN Classic is for? :huh:

The LLWS is a once a year event, and it has over 70 years of tradition behind it.  I do think its lost some of its luster the past few years, but I can't see ditching it as a televised event.

I hate how much pressure these 12 year olds get. Are they even having fun, or is it all just competition?

The LLWS just freaks me out. Do pepole really get a sense of pride knowing theire 12 year olds are better than someone elses 12 year olds?

No its knowing that kids from Stony Falls, Nebraska are better than 12 yr olds from Harris Creek, Idaho. Growing up as kids you all played baseball against kids from like the rival city right. This is just an extentsion of that you play against kids from Taiwan....and they beat your ass

Guest Smues

KORNHEISER IS BACK THANK CHRIST! Now if only they'd give him anyone but Lebatard or Screamin' A. Smith and I'll be happy.

Guest Anglesault

Televise it, fine. Bury it on ESPN Classic or something. Every time I've put ESPN on in the last couple of weeks I've been greeted with a bunch of 12 year olds that I'll probably never see or hear of again playing baseball while Harold Reynolds, sounding like he'd rather poke his own eyes out plays the live action version of Scooter the baseball. It's fucking stupid. If I were to just go down to my local baseball field and sit and watch a bunch of kids I've never met, I'd be called a pedophile. Why is this any different?

And, I know it's stupid for this to bother me, but why, for every at bat, must they give you an unbelievably useless fact about the player? His nick name or favorite school subject/TV/Movie/player/sandwhich topping. WHO CARES?

Guest Anglesault
Change the channel, put on the YES Network or something.

There's only so many times you can watch the Yogi Berra Yankeeography.

Edited by Anglesault