TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheDevilAndGodAreRagingInsideMe

Why ESPN sucks

Guest MikeSC
paying for your own wedding?  that IS a bitch, let me tell you...all in all i think mine came close to 5 grand and my wife and i pretty much handled it all...we had a lot of connections though, i.e. church, reception hall, pastor, catering so we were able to shave thousands off our grand total...

if i had to do it all over again, i'd elope to cancun or some shit...

BUT, i always told myself i would have a bigscreen so i shot my wad and went for it, haven't looked back since!

Please. I haven't even done it over again, and I already want to elope. But of course it's every bitch's dream to have that wedding where the families don't get along and the kids run around screaming (although we're having an adult-only reception, which is causing a war with my old man).

Oddly enough, it's every guy's dream to have a large-ass TV.

You could do the best of both. Get eloped, tape it, and play it on a big TV while the families bitch and kids scream.

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC
Can I be in the other room playing Baldur's Gate on the PC and Madden '04 on the PS2?...

Not if you want any lovin' that night.

Besides, Madden '05 comes out soon and that'll own '04.

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC
I always get the "new" Madden Xmas time because the better half has given up shopping for me, so she just says "don't buy the new Madden..."

You'll want to get the collector's edition for the PS2 --- which might not be around after XMas. Tons o' bonuses --- including 16-bit versions of the game.

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC
I know -- I already told her about it yesterday after reading that thread in the Games folder.

If that's not under my Xmas tree, somebody's going to get a beating...

A beating...with love.

-=Mike

What's going to happen to those of us who just don't want to buy an HD set? Are we still going to be able to watch TV in two years?

From what I've heard, you'll have to buy a converter box. But that's from the Communicatons department at my school, and it's a joke so take it for what it's worth.

[sarcasm]Can't wait to see Sportscenter on an HDTV, I love the new set!!!!!![/sarcasm]

Guest MikeSC
Perhaps this will result in the firing of Linda Cohn when all her wrinkles and shit get magnified 100x...

There will only be a little more of her to love...

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC
the veins in Suzy Kolbers' neck gross me out more than Linda Cohn's wrinkles...

I'd still hit it.

Yeah, I said it.

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC
duuuuuude i don't know if i can get passed the manly voice she would be bellowing out while i put the screws to her, you know what i mean?

She'd still be conscious if you plowed her?

Tiny. :)

-=Mike

Here's yet another reason (I know this is being bumped, but I don't want to start another thread on the subject below):

Ever since the NBA Finals began all the talk has been about LA, even when Detroit was forging ahead with their series domination. I can understand bringing up the Lakers "dream lineup" self-destructing, but Jesus, give the Pistons a day or two of glory by being the lead story...

NO MORE HEARSAY! Please, WHAT is the purpose of this? Is it supposed to show that football players should never be on The $25,000 Pyramid? Kenny Mayne is not funny. "Yeah. I was going to ask you a question, but I think we'll just take a knee." Every freaking night. It's a waste of time. They could be talking about hockey for those two minutes.

They've got an hour too waste. Gotta fill it with something.

Anyone catch the unfunny Zack Selwyn fill in for Tony Reali on ATH last week. God was he terrible. Every question and comment he made just had to be followed by some cleavor and witty comment.

Czech, I couldn't agree more ... it doesn't bother me as much now that there aren't any sports that I care about, but during the hockey season and playoffs, nothing pissed me off than them wasting 5 minutes on Hearsay, and another 4 or 5 on that stupid ad-campaign that they had that was disguised as mini-movies.

And, Verne, if we can keep Berman away from the NHL altogether it'd be better ... I'm more pissed that he was at half the games than the fact that he missed half. Keep him on baseball and football, and far the fuck away form the NHL.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
Oddly enough, it's every guy's dream to have a large-ass TV

Not mine. TVs are heavy and hard to move.

They've got an hour too waste. Gotta fill it with something.

Yeah, God forbid they'd actually use that time to show more highlights or maybe even use the full-screen recap with detailed stats after every game instead of just the score in the corner at the end of the highlight.

Sorry, ESPN... I know I'm asking for too much.

ESPNews having up-to-the-second updates on games, when anyone who would be watching the updates could easily just watch the game.

This assumes that the viewer has the game on television where they live.

And, Verne, if we can keep Berman away from the NHL altogether it'd be better ... I'm more pissed that he was at half the games than the fact that he missed half. Keep him on baseball and football, and far the fuck away form the NHL.

What bothers me about the Stanly Cup, the US Open, SportsCenter or any appearance Flinstone makes we're supposed to be all exited and honored Flinstone could take time out of his busy schedule and grace us with his presence.

All I have are these 3 words on the worst part about ESPN.

FIRE STUART SCOTT!!!

The man is freakin annoying and hald the time you can't understand a damn word thing he is saying.

Also they need to put Suzy Kolber back on Sportscenter, she is easier on the eyes then Rece Davis and Trey Wingo.

I agree with the "fire Stuart Scott" sentiments. After one of the NBA Finals games, he was interviewing Rasheed and Ben Wallace and said one of the most idiotic things I've ever heard. It was something like "I'm standing here with the Wallace brothers... Well, they're not really brothers, but they are bruthas, if you know what I mean."

I wanted to punch him.

I'm all about getting rid of the stupid "segments/game shows" like Hearsay, etc. I'm also getting sick of the Ten Questions/Six Pack/4 Downs... segments. (I actually like 4 Downs, but I think you get the point.) It seems they keep asking their "experts" questions instead of giving out facts. Croc' o' shit.

Scott is the biggest name dropper in sports. I was talking with Shaq, or I was talking with AI. Shut the hell up about who you were taking too. No one cares, and the only reason they talk too you is you're a little asskisser.

Guest Redhawk

Imagine if you dropped Stuart Scott, Ahmad Rashad and Jim Gray into an NBA All-Star Game after-party. It'd be a stampede to kiss the players' asses. They would probably run right past all the scattered poon-tang in the room in order to get to the players.

By the way, this latest "ESPN Short" with the Red Sox family needs to GO SOMEWHERE now. I swear they're on Episode 8 and nothing's really happened. And damn them for making me care how this saga plays out.