TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheDevilAndGodAreRagingInsideMe

Why ESPN sucks

Guest Salacious Crumb

The worst was when Smith was on PTI a few weeks ago. I almost fled the room in terror.

And who are ESPN guys like him to say what the fans want? They only take the side of the fans when it's to try and prove some point no one cares about, otherwise they shit all over the fans constantly. They talk about the fans not getting their money worth for a team playing defense but if they boo one of ESPN's golden boys (IE McNair, McNabb, Yankee players) they'll be all over the fans for having no right to do that.

Guest MikeSC
I hate a multi billion dollar company like ESPN has those goddamn "cover up the whole screen" pop ups on their site like they need the sponsorship. I mean, I want to find out about sports, not who starred in "My Baby's Daddy".

Oh, and Stephen A. Smith is a fucking moron.

Between him bitching saying "We as fans don't pay to see players play defense, we want to see then score alot. We are paying these players salary, and we ain't paying for defense." and his "Lakers let Minnesota win" crap last week, it just gives me more ammo to go in the 26 book series on "how many ways does Stephen A Smith suck." goddamned moron.

Smith is playing to the camera. Like Stuart Scott, he saw what kind of schtick gets him more ESPN attention and, thus, he plays it. He's filling out the "angry black dude" caricature that ESPN seems to love to have with all of their sports programming.

He was tolerable at first. Now, he is a cliche of himself. He's William Shatner for this generation.

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC
Well I never saw Ripper as a black TSM poster ever ... ever...

Is it OK for blacks to post?

-=Mike

Guest Redhawk

Where the hell is Mike Hall?

And they should do an Outside the Lines special on Stuart Scott's face. My sister and I would watch Dream Job and spend the whole time analyzing Stu's mug. ("Is his eye moving?" "No.")

Guest MikeSC
Where the hell is Mike Hall?

And they should do an Outside the Lines special on Stuart Scott's face. My sister and I would watch Dream Job and spend the whole time analyzing Stu's mug. ("Is his eye moving?" "No.")

I never have heard why he has a glass eye. He's had it as long as I've ever seen him.

Man, in Orlando, he was actually tolerable. Then, he got to ESPN and had to fill their "street black guy" caricature and, blam, unwatchable.

-=Mike

...The white guys all tend to fall into their "bland white guy who thinks he's funny" caricature

Guest Salacious Crumb

Also.......

would it kill ESPN to have some variety with the baseball games. I'm really sick of the different combinations of the Yankess, Red Sox, Angles, O's, Giants, Cubs and Astros that they've had all year. Please try to act like there are more than 8 teams in the league. There's been one Reds game so far and I have to sit through all of Sportscenter or Baseball Tonight for highlights and then have to have my team shit on by anchors and co. because they're too fucking lazy to actually research the team. Then when they do praise the team it again shows they don't know shit about the team (IE Graves 24 saves). And also the bandwagon jumping so far. What did the Giants lineup suddenly sign 3 sluggers to the lineup and good pitching. You'd think so with the way ESPN was going on about them winning 10 in a row. Ignoring the fact that most of those wins came against the Expos and Diamondbacks as well.

Is it OK for blacks to post?

-=Mike

I think what we’ve had here is a little social concern at TSM. The media has been very desirous that a black poster do well. There is a little hope invested in Ripper, and he gets a lot of credit for the performance of his posts that he didn’t deserve. The booty carried his posts.

Guest MikeSC
Also.......

would it kill ESPN to have some variety with the baseball games. I'm really sick of the different combinations of the Yankess, Red Sox, Angles, O's, Giants, Cubs and Astros that they've had all year. Please try to act like there are more than 8 teams in the league. There's been one Reds game so far and I have to sit through all of Sportscenter or Baseball Tonight for highlights and then have to have my team shit on by anchors and co. because they're too fucking lazy to actually research the team. Then when they do praise the team it again shows they don't know shit about the team (IE Graves 24 saves). And also the bandwagon jumping so far. What did the Giants lineup suddenly sign 3 sluggers to the lineup and good pitching. You'd think so with the way ESPN was going on about them winning 10 in a row. Ignoring the fact that most of those wins came against the Expos and Diamondbacks as well.

Well, at least they stopped showing EVERY Bonds AB.

-=Mike

Guest Redhawk

So can someone explain why DOC RIVERS gets to cover the NBA Finals? Did I miss the day he became a good announcer? And hasn't he been hired by the Celtics anyway? Shouldn't he be out scouting or something right now?

So can someone explain why DOC RIVERS gets to cover the NBA Finals? Did I miss the day he became a good announcer? And hasn't he been hired by the Celtics anyway? Shouldn't he be out scouting or something right now?

Just be happy Bill walton isn't there.

Where is John Thompson anyway. I miss the Ainge/Thompson announce crew.

Guest MikeSC

Just be happy Bill walton isn't there.

Where is John Thompson anyway. I miss the Ainge/Thompson announce crew.

I have to wonder: How did Walton EVER get an announcing job --- and how does he CONTINUE to get one?

Charity for tall white guys with bad knees and no discernible broadcasting talent?

Heck, I got two of the 3 myself --- HIRE ME!!!

-=Mike

Guest Redhawk

In that case, they should hire Gheorghe Muresan for NBA Fastbreak.

I still wonder why Bill Walton is in the Hall of Fame and called one of the 50 greatest.

The "if he was black" thing doesn't apply to Bird, but I think with Billy it actually aplies.

I would pay 50 dollars to see that.

I'd pay 50 dollars to see that.

You sure have a lot of disposable income there Mr. Ripper

Is there something you want to tell us? Perhaps about your "other" job?

Guest Redhawk

Dude, didn't you know that all of us are rappers, basketball players or drug dealers? Get with it, man.

Guest MikeSC
I still wonder why Bill Walton is in the Hall of Fame and called one of the 50 greatest.

The "if he was black" thing doesn't apply to Bird, but I think with Billy it actually aplies.

He's one of the 50 Greatest? Geez, did Jon Koncak call in sick or something? Walton's best role was as Larry Bird's fluffer.

Dude, didn't you know that all of us are rappers, basketball players or drug dealers? Get with it, man.

Y'all ain't pimps? Damn, Ice-T PLAYED me.

-=Mike

Didn't the executives at ESPN/ABC shit all over Walton for consistently dropping Grateful Dead references? Maybe they put the Doc up there instead of him for that. (not that I'm a Dead-head by any stretch of the imagination, but would choose a "Scarlet Begonias" reference over an Jay-Z reference 7 days a week)

He's one of the 50 Greatest? Geez, did Jon Koncak call in sick or something? Walton's best role was as Larry Bird's fluffer.

I wonder if it was one of those cases where they mix up a player's college career performance with his pro career

Guest Redhawk
Wha-?

Redhawk's black?!

First Ripper and now this -- they're coming in from all over...

Actually, Ripper's my cousin.

Ice-T didn't play you. Know who did?

*studio track kicks into gear*

This is it, dope from the fly kid

kkk is back with the high bid

AMikeSC you've lost cos a player you're not, gangsta you ain't

You're faintin', punk, if you ever heard a gunshot

Yo, kkk, the player, the RACIST, the hustler

High Roller, dead pres folder

Is cold lampin' like a white king on a throne

Mr. Rant...turn up the microphone

So I can ill and break on the rollin' tape

Another post to create? Great

Slayer turn the bass kick up a bit

Mike open your mouth, now I got a place to shit

And ride the track like a black mack with his 'lac

Hit the corner slow where all the PBP's are at

And flame-bait the way it should be done

How you gonna drop science? You're dumb

Stupid ignorant, don't even talk to me

At school you dropped Math, Science and History

And then you get on the 'Net and try to act smart

Well let me tell you one thing, you got heart

To perpetrate, you're bait, so just wait

Till a mod shoves a warning in your face

Or you meet Tyler and JOTW just to name two

BX, thebigjigg or Your Paragon of Virtue

And they ask you about the game you claim you got

Drop science now, why not?

You start to sweat and fret, it gets hot

How'd you get into this spot?

YOU PLAYED YOURSELF...

Wha-?

Redhawk's black?!

I thought you were all brothers.

Was I Served?

Doesn't that involve dancing or something?...

Guest MikeSC
Wha-?

Redhawk's black?!

I thought you were all brothers.

Was I Served?

Doesn't that involve dancing or something?...

I dunno. I think a bunch of people died nearby, though, and that is all it takes according to SP.

-=Mike