TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheDevilAndGodAreRagingInsideMe

Why ESPN sucks

So can someone explain why DOC RIVERS gets to cover the NBA Finals?

I must second this question.

Guest MikeSC
ESPN sucks because of everything that is not either PTI, Rachel Nichols, or the NBA.

Never seen Rachel. Pics please?

Then again, when the only other woman prominently on the channel is Linda Cohn --- you really can't look bad.

-=Mike

Guest Redhawk

Is Nichols the girl who was covering the Pistons in the Eastern finals?

I just remember someone's female reporter that was following one of the conference final series' name sounded like "Cunnilingus" every time I heard it.

I just remember someone's female reporter that was following one of the conference final series' name sounded like "Cunnilingus" every time I heard it.

Paging Doctor Freud...

Rachel Nichols is a nice piece of eye candy, but I have a feeling that the reason they never show her from the waist down is because people would see her kneepads, then realize how exactly she got her job.

Guest Redhawk
Rachel Nichols is a nice piece of eye candy, but I have a feeling that the reason they never show her from the waist down is because people would see her kneepads, then realize how exactly she got her job.

Do you ever assume that men can whore themselves out to get jobs? Or are we always hired on merits alone?

Do you ever assume that men can whore themselves out to get jobs? Or are we always hired on merits alone?

I was hired due to my smokin' arse.

And I'm sure men can whore themselves. Problem is there aren't that many chicks in positions of power, and most of the gay bosses are probably in Hollywood.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Uhh... Rachel Nichols was a writer for the Washington Post for a few years; she's hardly unqualified...

I'm well aware that she worked at The Post... Her print work might have been fine and dandy, but I've yet to see anything worthwhile from her on television, and she's been there since February.

There are different skills needed between broadcast and print journalism. I'm a week away from graduating with my degree in news writing, and I've worked at various newspapers for six years going back to high school. I'd be VERY hesitant to make the jump to television.

She might not have appeared on TV until the conference finals, but according to a couple articles I read, she made the jump in February.

And as for her sucking somebody off to get hired, I'm saying she was probably a fine reporter for print, but she needed something 'extra' to get a TV gig. It was an offhanded remark that you guys are taking way too seriously. I think she's a fine piece of eye candy, but her television reporting has done nothing for me thus far. Just my own damned opinion.

I have an HD big screen, had an HD box for about a month before I actually got the cables to hook up to my TV, but through my cable line I was still able to view all the HD channels (if you have component or DVI cables you don't need the cable line into your TV anymore), just not IN actual HD so they pretty much looked like non-HD channels, only with black bars either at the tops or bottoms or on the sides...in other words, you should still be able to view the channels, though who knows what will happen in two years...

I haven't seen it in print anywhere; that's just what I've heard.

Years back I heard the date was 2004. I haven't heard anything about it recently; I'm sure it's been pushed back, but I would just like to know how long so I can plan on getting a good TV afterward...

I haven't seen it in print anywhere; that's just what I've heard.

Years back I heard the date was 2004. I haven't heard anything about it recently; I'm sure it's been pushed back, but I would just like to know how long so I can plan on getting a good TV afterward...

what size TV are you looking into? i have a 52" HD widescreen (RCA Projection), got it for $1500, so they're not cheap but they're not unreasonable either...fuck that plasma shit, it's nice, but I can't picture forking out 3000 for a 32" TV...

paying for your own wedding? that IS a bitch, let me tell you...all in all i think mine came close to 5 grand and my wife and i pretty much handled it all...we had a lot of connections though, i.e. church, reception hall, pastor, catering so we were able to shave thousands off our grand total...

if i had to do it all over again, i'd elope to cancun or some shit...

BUT, i always told myself i would have a bigscreen so i shot my wad and went for it, haven't looked back since!

Guest MikeSC
A widescreen, and I'm not sure about the size just yet -- it'll be big, though. There are other things that I need to focus my loot on: house, wedding, car, school loans, etc...

kkk, all you need to do is drug your fiancee, go to Vegas, and get married at a drive-thru wedding chapel.

It worked wonders in the WWF.

-=Mike

paying for your own wedding? that IS a bitch, let me tell you...all in all i think mine came close to 5 grand and my wife and i pretty much handled it all...we had a lot of connections though, i.e. church, reception hall, pastor, catering so we were able to shave thousands off our grand total...

if i had to do it all over again, i'd elope to cancun or some shit...

BUT, i always told myself i would have a bigscreen so i shot my wad and went for it, haven't looked back since!

Please. I haven't even done it over again, and I already want to elope. But of course it's every bitch's dream to have that wedding where the families don't get along and the kids run around screaming (although we're having an adult-only reception, which is causing a war with my old man).

Oddly enough, it's every guy's dream to have a large-ass TV.