TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

One and Only Raw Thread for 4/26/04

HAIL TO THE CHAMP

April 26, 2004

Raw Rebound: 56k | 100k | 300k

Monday Night RAW comes to you from Topeka, where World Heavyweight Champion Chris Benoit will undoubtedly be in a joyous mood after enjoying the homecoming of a lifetime in Alberta, Canada just last week. Not only did Benoit successfully defend the World Heavyweight Championship at Backlash in his native Edmonton, but on RAW in Calgary, Benoit & Edge captured the World Tag Team Championship by defeating Ric Flair & Batista.

But with two Championships around his waist, how will Benoit handle the challenges of having to defend both titles? RAW will come to you only one week before Benoit defends the World Heavyweight Championship against Shawn Michaels. How will both prepare leading up to the match? Watch RAW to find out.

With the exception of Randy Orton's victory over Cactus Jack at Backlash, Evolution has had some rough luck as of late. The tip of the iceberg may just have been Batista and Ric Flair's loss of the World Tag Team Championship. If the history of Evolution is any indication of what's to come on Monday night, expect to see Triple H and company on a warpath.

Also last week, Kane revealed that he felt he was going soft and that he would find somebody to sacrifice. An enraged Kane Chokeslammed Matt Hardy to Hell. Are there more victims in Kane's future? Find out on RAW.

All of this and more on Monday Night RAW at 9 pm/8 CT on Spike TV!

Looks like Matt Hardy appearance on Raw was a one time thing.

My prediction, either Rhyno get squashed by Kane tonight or Shelton will get stuck in a feud with him.

Edit: Aw crap! Matt goes for revenge on Kane and when Kane is ready to destroy him and Lita the little painted freak returns.

Prediction - Bisch overturns the tag title win due to Edge using his cast as a weapon.

Either that or declare the old rule that they used on Backlund before: You can't be a World Champion and a Tag Team Champion at the same time

Guest Dynamite Kido
Prediction - Bisch overturns the tag title win due to Edge using his cast as a weapon.

Either that or declare the old rule that they used on Backlund before: You can't be a World Champion and a Tag Team Champion at the same time

Or they will do something like this

Edge vs. Bautista/Flair for the Tag Titles.

Since Benoit already has a match.

Or they will do something like this

Edge vs. Bautista/Flair for the Tag Titles.

Since Benoit already has a match.

Um, no he doesn't.

The Benoit/Michaels World Title match is NEXT week.

Just an interesting note I just remembered tonight:

Tonight is Glen "Kane" Jacobs' birthday

This is your life Kane?

OHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOO~

Hopefully we'll get a Jericho/Matt Hardy/Lita vs Christian/Tomko/Trish feud

(allthough it would be a hell of alot better without Lita and Tokmo)

Guest JMA

I doubt Benoit and Edge will have a long reign as champions. But who will they drop them to?

La Quebecers?

Christian/Tomko?

Flair and Batista?

Orton and Batista?

Ugh, Raw really needs a better tag division.

Just an interesting note I just remembered tonight:

Tonight is Glen "Kane" Jacobs' birthday

This is your life Kane?

OHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOO~

For some reason, I'd like to see that actually.

I'll mark out if Kane tries to "sacrifice" Eugene and Eugene snaps and destroys Kane!

I would mark out if Eugene shot a T-shirt gun and nailed Kane in the groin with a T-shirt.

We really need a Hans Moleman appearance tonight.... one more shot to the groin for him.

Remember when Rock and Taker won the Tag belts?

Remember how quickly they dropped them back to E&C(?)?

I'm smelling a rematch this week, or at the very least the decision being over-ruled and the belts going back to Naitch and Batista like Spiff said.

Guest Ray

Did anyone EVER think in the span of three months, we'd see Chris Benoit-- Royal Rumble winner, Wrestlemania main-eventer, World Tag team Champion, AND World Heavyweight Champion?

God, I love Benoit.

Guest Fook

From Meltzer, possible spoiler for raw tonight:

This has not been confirmed by WWE, but we've gotten a report from WLW to watch out for Harley Race on Raw tonight. It makes sense logically since Race is one of HHH's childhood idols, plus they are in Topeka, which is Race's old stomping ground.

Guest Choken One

Something tells me...

Ric announces to the gang that an old friend of his came to see him and Harely Race arrives in a limo. Trips and Flair greet him affectionaly....Bastisia shows appreciation with a zamp nod to him...while Orton blows him off talking about his title match with Benjamin tonight(hypothetical)...Race calls him a Punk...Orton laughs and leaves. Flair apoligizes like a mad man...Trips chases down Orton...

Later after Orton cleanly beats Benjamin...

Triple H finds him

Trip: Just who in the hell do you think you are? Treating Harley Race like that? You know who he is?

Orton: Yeah, A legend just like me...

Trip: Oh I see...You think because you beat Mick Foley in that Hardcore Match...you can do whatever the hell you see fit to do?

Orton: Basically...So while you go make your movies, Hunter...I'm going to stay here and WIN. something you seem to have forgotten how to do...in case you didn't notice...I beat Shelton Benjamin without you...you couldn't even beat him WITH us...now tell me...I thought you were the...GAME? It seems as of late...you've just been played.

Guest gregb7677
Something tells me...

Ric announces to the gang that an old friend of his came to see him and Harely Race arrives in a limo. Trips and Flair greet him affectionaly....Bastisia shows appreciation with a zamp nod to him...while Orton blows him off talking about his title match with Benjamin tonight(hypothetical)...Race calls him a Punk...Orton laughs and leaves. Flair apoligizes like a mad man...Trips chases down Orton...

Triple H finds him

Trip: Just who in the hell do you think you are? Treating Harley Race like that? You know who he is?

Trip: Oh I see...You think because you beat Mick Foley in that Hardcore Match...you can do whatever the hell you see fit to do?

Orton: Basically...So while you go make your movies, Hunter...I'm going to stay here and WIN. something you seem to have forgotten how to do...in case you didn't notice...I beat Shelton Benjamin without you...you couldn't even beat him WITH us...now tell me...I thought you were the...GAME? It seems as of late...you've just been played.

Good idea, but as we know that makes too much damn sense for them to actually do it.

Did anyone EVER think in the span of three months, we'd see Chris Benoit-- Royal Rumble winner, Wrestlemania main-eventer, World Tag team Champion, AND World Heavyweight Champion?

God, I love Benoit.

And yet, some people still can't enjoy anything.

Guest Choken One
Something tells me...

Triple H finds him

Good idea, but as we know that makes too much damn sense for them to actually do it.

Exactly...It's a good way to lead to the face turn of one of these two...not sure which though.

Orton exposing Hunter to his hypocrasiy should turn him face but they could easily turn Triple H heel by having him return the ROOTS of the GAME and going back to the old school heel he was that the fans clearly miss.

Guest Choken One

God, I love Benoit.

And yet, some people still can't enjoy anything.

Smark Mark: Yeah he got all those but he still hasn't won the KOTR ya know...even billy gunn has...they are just ruining Benoit here.

I wouldn't look too deeply into the Harley Race thing. For all we know he could just be sitting in the crowd. But if he is going to have a role then I wouldn't be surprised if this happened.

Harley will still be sitting in the crowd, then Randy comes out and cuts a promo insulting Race, ending with a challenge. Race climbs over the guard rail and into the ring and says something to make Orton look stupid (probably comment about his father). Randy responds with a smartass comment before letting everyone know what the five fingers said to Race's face. Thus begins the legend beatdown. Cue Edge's music and he runs in to make the save.

Probably not gonna happen, but I think it's simple enough to work.

Guest Choken One

fuck that...thats stupid...

My idea works much better...

Shows Orton's ego has grown

Shows Triple H hasn't lived up to his words...which is an easy set up for him to leave...

Gives Harley Race a chance to call someone else a punk and thats always gold.

Smark Mark: Yeah he got all those but he still hasn't won the KOTR ya know...even billy gunn has...they are just ruining Benoit here.

Indeed.

And let's not forget that not only is Benoit the World Champion, but Eddie f'n Guerrero is the WWE Heavyweight champion. Add in that they are the champion at the same time, have defended the title and looked damn good doing so, I think this is just an amazing year so far. As of right now both of them look like they'll hold on to their respective title for even longer.

I mean, From January to this very moment, good things have been taking place, very good things that most of us could only dream about actually taking place before this year.

Guest sanyo

Raw is pre-empted in Canada today because of Colorado vs. San Jose hockey! Those idiots! Actually its OK, Raw is just gonna be filler for next week's HBK vs. Benoit match. I can see a beat-down type finish to it today...BORING!!!

PRediction for main event- ORton/HHH vs. Benoit/HBK or Shelton or a promo style finish...more likely the latter.

Guest Choken One

Since it's a FILLER card...I'd like to think they would just have long matches but something tells me we're getting lotsa EUGENE tonight.

*Kane in a trenchcoat holding a torch menacingly as Spike Dudley is tied to a pole.

Kane (sounding like the Black Scorpion): You will the last sacrifice!!

*fights with a drunk, mullet-wearing Kevin Nash*

Kane will now hail from Alberta, of course.