TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest I Got Banned for Sucking

The Official Judgment Day 2004 Thread

The card doesn't look like it will be anything special at all.

I'm not looking forward to Eddy VS JBD, and it seems as if the bookers would rather have Undertaker VS Booker T just to get the 'Taker on PPV then string out what could've been awesome RVD/Booker feud.

Haas and Rico holding the Tag Team Championship is too little, too late for that division, and even by pairing up two talented guys like was done here, it can't be done enough to shape things up.

If Van Dam and Rey were a permanent team, things could be alright for a while, but this would further make the cruiserweight division almost meaningless right now.

Rene Dupree VS John Cena has had some pretty weak build so far, with nothing out of the ordinary apart from a shitty 'Cafe de Renee' which had a heel contradicting himself once again and way over-selling a slap from a woman that isn't Chyna.

Maybe they'll surprise like Vengeance? I doubt it. SmackDown! definitely got the raw end of the draft lottery. Well, they didn't get the raw end, and that's the problem for them.

Actually, that isn't the problem - thinking about it, Raw didn't get a whole lot from SmackDown! - the flagship show has just picked it's act up a bit with the title picture and is using the current tag team division to work with that. Shelton Benjamin was the best that Raw got.

Honestly, does this creative team flip a coin at the start of each year as to which show is getting the best treatment?

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a stupid womens match thrown in there as well as some Velocity (well, Heat) filler.

Anyway, I predict Judgment Day to be a **1/2 star show, if that. That's from now.

They're well into the hype for it.

Well, about as well into it as SmackDown! right now can get, anyway...

So, if only for the show looking to be a **1/2 one at the most from this point, why not kick the thread off a little early?

I'm guessing this thread was made to just speculate on the matches and not meant to last all the way up to May 16. Anyway, so the card right now is...

Eddie vs. JBL

Undertaker vs. Booker T

Cena vs. Dupree

You'd think the Dudleys face Haas & Rico for the Tag Titles, but I just can't see the Dudleys winning the belts off of a comedy team rather than Rikishi & Scotty, who we were supposed to see as credible champs. RVD is out of a match with Booker T, so maybe stick him in a match with the Dudleys, along with maybe Spike? Maybe it'll be an ECW Rules tag match between the Dudleys and RVD & Spike.

I have no clue what they have planned for the rest, though.

Aero, as far as the Tag Team Championship goes, it is stupid to choose an Undertaker/Booker T feud over what could've been an excellent Booker/Van Dam feud, but the Undertaker has to be on Judgment Day, if only for the name.

An ECW Rules match? Well, that'd put the Dudleyz against Spike, and it would also downplay the match type having just had a "Hardcore" match last month.

Well I'd rather Spike not be in the match, but I can't think of a partner for RVD, except for Rey (which would be good).

An ECW Rules match? Well, that'd put the Dudleyz against Spike, and it would also downplay the match type having just had a "Hardcore" match last month.

The main difference is an ECW Rules match would have to end in the ring, while Foley-Orton was falls count anywhere. Besides, would it matter if there was a hardcore match last month? What the other brand does the previous month should have no effect on the current brand's PPV.

Didn't you see the ratings? Some woman in Michigan watched the second segment because she thinks John Cena's hot!

I'm trying to stay optimistic, but I'm starting to think that the odds of HBK turning water into wine is greater than Eddie carrying JBL to an allright match.

I'm making a guess that Mordecai makes a run in during a match. It would make sense if he costs the Undertaker his match, but the WWE doesn't have a solid track record for sense, right?

Anyone ever wonder what the WWE would do if JBL got hit by a car or something?

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

I'm only excited about UT/Booker. In the words of DEAN: "Undertaker hasn't had a legit shitty match in over a year."

Besides the three matches already announced, I assume that Chavo will have a rematch with whoever he wrestles on Smackdown next week.

Now for the rest of the show I have no idea, if it were up to me I would have RVD turn on Eddie next week, where Rey tries to make the save and also gets beat down.

Setting up RVD vs Rey and the Dudleys can go on to face Haas and Rico.

Hopefully by JD RVD will have turned heel and joined Heyman and the Dudleys which is right now the only way to keep these guys fresh..the Duds are indeed duds and RVD needs to be heel with a mouthpiece...then have them in a sixman against Hass and Rico(I like to refer to them as the FruitFlavor..Rico being the fruit and Hass bringing the flavor) and maybe Spike or something...I dunno...expect to see a crusier title match with Chavo defending against whoever comes from Mexico or Japan...and don't be suprised to see Jindrak on the show since they'll be pushing him soon too

I'm only excited about UT/Booker. In the words of DEAN: "Undertaker hasn't had a legit shitty match in over a year."

If it's anything like the house show matches it'll be a minute long.

The Undertaker's match with Kane at WrestleMania was a little longer than a squash with Kane getting a small amount of offense it, but it was essentially a squash.

And facing Booker T? What do you expect from that? And really, what the hell is the point of putting those two in a match at Judgment Day?

I think WWE has a problem with turning RVD heel since it didn't work the first time they tried it during the Invasion angle.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
I think WWE has a problem with turning RVD heel since it didn't work the first time they tried it during the Invasion angle.

Wait...he was a heel? I was too busy cheering him for being fresher than most of the WWE Roster. I guess they punished him for not getting over as a heel by making him a mid-card attraction with watered-down move-set.

yeah remembered when he frogsplashed Jeff Hardy and all the little Jeff Hardy groupies started pouting and whining about Jeff getting five stared on? That was suppose to be his heel run, but the crowd cheered RVD to much.

Question is (Supposing it isn't a squash) will it surpass their No Mercy 2001 bout?

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Question is (Supposing it isn't a squash) will it surpass their No Mercy 2001 bout?

Well, that match licked more balls than Rico back in 2001, so now I'll say it will be horribly bad. Deadman Taker = cool. Deadman Taker wrestling = Bad matches.

Aero, as far as the Tag Team Championship goes, it is stupid to choose an Undertaker/Booker T feud over what could've been an excellent Booker/Van Dam feud

Fuck the concept of a RVD/Booker feud.

They were brought over entirely because SD! had *nothing* left to work with, therefore new blood was needed to create fresh feuds. I cannot think of anything more retarded than Booker T & RVD being brought all the way over from RAW just to feud with each other, and I much prefer the direction they're taking now with them.

Like Zsasz, I only give a shit about one match and one match alone - Undertaker vs Booker T. I marked like CRAZY for Taker's stuff this week on Smackdown!, and no doubt he'll bring the goodness, if only for us Taker marks, at the PPV.

I won't buy it live and I won't buy the DVD. I'll rent it for Booker/Taker.

UYI

Aero, as far as the Tag Team Championship goes, it is stupid to choose an Undertaker/Booker T feud over what could've been an excellent Booker/Van Dam feud

Fuck the concept of a RVD/Booker feud.

They were brought over entirely because SD! had *nothing* left to work with, therefore new blood was needed to create fresh feuds. I cannot think of anything more retarded than Booker T & RVD being brought all the way over from RAW just to feud with each other, and I much prefer the direction they're taking now with them.

Like Zsasz, I only give a shit about one match and one match alone - Undertaker vs Booker T. I marked like CRAZY for Taker's stuff this week on Smackdown!, and no doubt he'll bring the goodness, if only for us Taker marks, at the PPV.

I won't buy it live and I won't buy the DVD. I'll rent it for Booker/Taker.

UYI

I know what you mean about the Booker/Van Dam feud, but there probably wouldn't be space for that feud on Raw, and now that they are officially SmackDown! Superstars, it could happen to carry them through Judgment Day and the PPV happenings before blowing it off, and in doing that, make neither man look weak and give Booker respect for his new brand, even if it couldn't happen there in a feud/match with RVD, which is the good thing, I suppose, about this Booker/'Taker feud.

And I'm presuming that the main reason that you're marking out for this Booker/'Taker feud so much is because you're a 'Taker mark? :P

As for the three matches announced so far, I'm looking forward to Cena/Dupree the most, because both can work a decent match, and even if the build has been lackluster, I'm counting on that to happen, and see no reason why it shouldn't.

Eddy Guerrero VS John Bradshaw DiBiase? Well, after seeing Eddy VS both D'Von and Bubba Ray Dudley, my expectations are even less, which is usually the way to go into a PPV that looks grim, if only for one match. The title just could not change hands.

Even though I'm not expecting much from the show as a whole, I'll still buy the DVD.

Since I clearly stated that I am loving everything Taker is doing solely because of the fact I am a huge fan of the Undertaker, I would say it is safe to assume I am digging Booker & Taker's stuff because of that fact.

I'm trying to stay optimistic, but I'm starting to think that the odds of HBK turning water into wine is greater than Eddie carrying JBL to an allright match.

I'm making a guess that Mordecai makes a run in during a match. It would make sense if he costs the Undertaker his match, but the WWE doesn't have a solid track record for sense, right?

Anyone ever wonder what the WWE would do if JBL got hit by a car or something?

Not one, not two, but THREE good points.

Okay, actually that last one wasn't so much a point but wishful thinking.

Guest Dazed

So why is Judgment Day looking so weak in comparison to Raw's Backlash?

First of all, Backlash had a major advantage, that was seen as a negative before it happened. That was Wrestlemania. When Backlash rolled around, it was still fresh in people's minds, and WWE were able to run pretty much Wrestlemania part II. All of the main feuds were already established – the triple threat main event, Christian and Jericho, Foley and Orton. There was also the returning Edge, who was put into a throwaway feud with Kane that didn't burn up much airtime. Remember too, that Raw had lost several of their stars the night after Mania – Rob Van Dam and Booker T both went to SmackDown!, as did multiple time tag team champions the Dudleys. Stone Cold left the company, as did Goldberg.

Expectations for the show were low going in, but the matches that needed to deliver did so, with everything else being somewhat throwaway. Nothing was outright bad, apart from the so-important-it-wasn't-mentioned-until-they-started-coming-to-the-ring match between Hurricane, Rosey and La Resistance, and the poor Edge / Kane encounter.

SmackDown! has had their share of losses on the roster, too – Brock Lesnar went off to crash motorbikes, and Kurt Angle took over as General Manager while awaiting further neck surgery. This left Guerrero without a credible main event heel to work with into Judgment Day, and was supposed to be one of the reasons behind the redraft on Raw. Rather than taking the logical route, and using the recently heel turned Booker T against Guerrero, Booker was thrown into a useless feud with the Undertaker (who has only appeared on-screen a couple of times since Wrestlemania), which is based on nothing, has no heat, and is going nowhere.

So Guerrero gets Bradshaw. At Wrestlemania, Bradshaw was in an awful four way tag match, with Ron Simmons. Now, Simmons has left the company, and the rush job was on. Turning Bradshaw heel, allying him with Kurt Angle (remember why he got the title shot in the first place?), tweaking his gimmick, and asking people to buy him in the main event. All of this was achieved within a month, but in the eyes of everyone: It's still fucking Bradshaw. He was useless with his singles push after the initial roster split in 2002, and he's still useless now. He offers nothing in the ring, but, credit where it is due – he is getting heat from his gimmick. Is it genuine heel heat, or X-Pac heat? I'm not sure, but I don’t think that a racist is the most adult of gimmicks that WWE could have given him.

The main problem I foresee with Booker T vs. the Undertaker is that Taker will make T look like a bitch. There's no two ways around it. Taker will slowly no-sell his way through another painful encounter, until Booker T is forced to sell the Tombstone as though he's in a coma. This will damage Booker, giving him yet ANOTHER loss against WWE main event talent, adding the Undertaker to the list currently comprising of the Rock, Triple H, Stone Cold and Kurt Angle. Booker is just fulfilling the role that was originally for Brock Lesnar, which was one of the reasons that Lesnar cited when leaving. But OMG IT'S TEH DEADMAN~! Which is justification enough for him to be beating T in 2 minutes at house shows.

Other than that, there's no shape to the card at all – Cena vs. Dupree is another thrown together job between an increasingly stale character and the hot new thing on the block. There's Chavo's open challenge for next week, which will presumably lead to a CW title shot at the PPV, as well as possibly a tag match between the Dudleyz and Rico / Haas. But what else is there? The Big Show murdering Kurt Angle? Rico assfucking Charlie Haas every time he gets the chance? Yay.

The show is just directionless, as a direct result of not being able to continue their Wrestlemania storylines and having to come up with totally new matches right across the board. Unfortunately, they've gone a very weak way about it, which will result in the PPV doing a horrible buyrate, and there being some horrible matches.

People are acting like this loss to Undertaker will hurt Booker T's career in a big way.

*Flashback to Curry watching WrestleMania 19*

Curry: Pedigree! Booker's gonna kick out! Man, HHH is taking a long-ass time to cover him. Draw out the heat, that's what he's doing. Cover! 1...........2...............3?! Oh Booker is FUCKED.

I stand by what I said then.

Guest Brian

I was telling myself he was going to kick out ofr like a minute after the match was over. I was just fucking stunned. And most of that crowd was.