TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

Kill Bill Volume 2: It's coming, August 10th!

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

Bastard.

Beat me to it.

Did I miss something, though ? When I saw this earlier, there was no release date yet.

Yes, I will be getting the bare bones version, the movie is what's important. I will also get the all out, special edition versions when they are released.

Guest Askewniverse

I agree with DH. That cover is pretty much perfect.

It's pretty cool that the DVD is being released so soon. I still haven't seen Vol. 2 yet, so I'll definitely rent the DVD when it comes out.

Guest Coffey

I'll get it when they're both released on the same movie as one long film.

Guest El Satanico

I'm not too crazy about the cover art, it looks like it was made by a fan in photoshop.

Tarantino's name appearing twice is unneeded and clutters up the cover. The Kill Bill: Volume 2 letters are too big and overpower the great image of the bride.

Guest Choken One

Im not a idiot.

I'm not forking over 40 bucks for each edition...I'll wait for them to do the logical thing and put them back together in the Director's Ultimate Deluxe Collector's Silver Platium Double Disc edition.

Tarantino's name appearing twice is unneeded and clutters up the cover.

I'm SHOCKED...well, no, it's par for the course with Tarantino's ego.

The Kill Bill 1 cover--which I think was just the movie poster--was blah. Too damn much yellow.

$40? Where do you buy DVDs at and stop buying them there.

He probably meant for both of them together.

Anyway, it's an ok cover. It's in the style of both martial arts and westerns, appropriately. I liked the cover for 1 better. I adore simplicity.

I wasn't going to buy either of the initial releases, but I think I will after all. Just to gussy up the shelf. I'll use my check for working one day and getting fired last week, that's found money.

I actually snagged this poster from my movie theater. Looks great on my wall.

August? Isn't that a little fast? Wait...I don't care. Gimme gimme gimme.

Most DVDs are coming out 2-3 months after they are realesed in the cinemas.

And that DVD is pretty sweet, much better than the first one.

He probably meant for both of them together.

Nope, he didn't.

I'm not forking over 40 bucks for each edition

I think Choken is getting screwed BIG TIME when he buys his DVDs.

Guest El Satanico
huh, that's pretty much the exact cover for the bootleg copy I got

I thought it looked like a cover you'd find on a bootleg. As soon as I saw it I had doubts to it being official.

http://video.barnesandnoble.com/search/pro...936245783&FRM=0

Product Details:

UPC: 786936245783

Original Release Date: 2004

Release Date: 8/10/2004

Source: MIRAMAX

Format: DVD - Wide Screen

Production and Technical Notes:

Presentation: Wide Screen

Features: "The Making of Kill Bill Vol. 2," with interviews, comments and on-set visits; footage from the premiere party, including a Chin Gon performance; deleted scene featuring David Carradine and Michael Jai White, who doesn't appear at all in the film's final cut.

Language: English

Time: 2 Hours 17 Minutes

Michael Jai White filmed a fight scene with Carradine. I think that was supposed to be the first time we see Bill's face. If you read the screenplay, the fight scene would have gone in place of the "Can She Bake a Cherry Pie" chapter. I was furious when I heard they had taken out the scene for the final cut. Nearly all (and I mean ALL) of the trailers for Kill Bill had a snippet of the fight, whether it be Bill putting his sword into the ground after winning or a shirtless Jai White twirling some kind of weapon. I'm glad they're including it with this release.

Also, last I heard the barebones Vol. 2 was supposed to coincide with the release of Special Edition Vol. 1, any news on that front?

-Cheex

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking

It's a good-looking cover, but they should've stuck to the theme of Vol. 1.

What an awesome cover. I think it really is perfect. Im planning on getting it when they put both Vol. 1 & 2 out in the double pack.

Guest TheArchiteck

Great photo, but it stops there.

I really really, hate the fonts. The Kill Bill text logo would look decent if it was on a relatively plain background. All of that bevel stuff sucks I think. For a photo of the bride that GREAT and dramatic, they can easily make this more appealing with a better font selection.

Vol 2. is way too huge.

Overall, It doesn't look professional to me. I'll be shocked if it was real.

Hell, I should create a cover for a project. It should be fun.

Guest JMA

Put me in the camp of those waiting until both volumes are released together.

Guest Crazy Dan

Man I just couldn't wait for both Volumes to come out at once, I just couldn't. And normally I am very patient. But this was the exception. And many of my friends did not see Vol I, and so I had to be the one to introduce to them to it. And luckily, both of my friends who I showed the movie to, loved it. Also, I am not a huge fan of extras in DVD's, usually because I just don't have time to sit and go through all of them, so I mainly buy DVD's for the film itself. I was just happy to buy Vol I, becuase I lost my job the day it came out, and that will end up being my last DVD purchuse for a while. So yeah, the better deal will be both volumes beingng sold together, but I loved this movie too much to wait that long. And I have ended up watching it about 5 times now, so it was a good purchase IMO0. And when Vol II comes out, I will buy that as well to complete the set. All I can say is that this has been one of my favorite movies ever (when you combine them together, of course), I can't stop reflecting on it, which when I do that, that is one of the marks of a great movie. Plus I was amazed how different both movies were. Smart move to split into two seperate movies, becuase one movie would have left out some vital scenes, becuase I doubt anyone could sit through a 4 hour long movie (even though Return of the King came close).

So August 10 will be circled on my calender. Hopefully I will have a job by then so that I can spend 20 bones on it and complete the set. Even if the extras are week, the movie is so good, that it doesn't make that much a difference to me. But it would be nice to have the deleted scene of Bill fighting, but if they don't, who cares.

I thought I remembered reading somewhere that there was another cut scene from volume 2 with Go Go Yubari's younger sister trying to get revenge on the bride. Also, I think Go Go Yubari was originally in the sequel somehow, because on her website, something was mentioned about her going back to film some stuff for Vol. 2........

can anyone confirm or deny or elaborate?

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I can confirm that I have a terrible infatuation with Gogo. Terrible. Oh my god.

COuld it fit on a single dvd I wonder? ..eh probably not.

if they can fit Lawrence of Arabia on one disc, they can surely fit Kill Bill onto one disc