TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DerangedHermit

Raw 6.07.2004

Eugene had an impressive victory over Nitro. Then he made Coachman fall down. That alone should be enough to make it a great show. There really was no reason for Gail Kim to job to Lita cleanly since she is the #1 contender. Jericho was completely dominated by A-Train but all of a sudden out comes the Walls of Jericho and the match is over. Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.

Guest wildpegasus

A-Train was on fire tonight. He was the only one who managed to make me watch a match tonight besides the Benoit match.

Hopefully the A-Train fan club that he has on the web will keep on growing after tonight. All A-Train dissers please retract your comments because A-Train once again proves he's one of the entertaining wrestlers Raw has.

Guest Choken One

I still perfer Chuck Palumbo.

I'm expecting the Chucky/Val duo to form very soon.

I thought A-Train was damn impressive tonight too. I enjoyed his match the entire way through until it abruptly ended with the Walls of Jericho. He needs to throw his boots in the garbage though because they made my eyes bleed.

I don't know, I think it was a lack of interest in genergal for the show tonight, not just because of hockey. Ever since they stopped the mass hyping of the show week after week, the desire to see the show dropped back to the way it was before April. Why they stopped that when it was working, I'll never know.

Guest Mulatto Heat

I like how the tag champs, who were jokes for months and months, get to totally dominate the so-called World Champion, making him scream in agony repeatedly, before he has to be saved by his tag partner so he doesn't get humiliated any further.

The subtle burial of Benoit keeps me watching week after week. I get a sort of masochistic pleasure out of it - it is by far the most interesting thing going on WWE TV. This feud with Kane is probably the saddest excuse of a World title feud I've ever witnessed. Almost ZERO effort was put into it from the writers' end.

I like how the tag champs, who were jokes for months and months, get to totally dominate the so-called World Champion, making him scream in agony repeatedly, before he has to be saved by his tag partner so he doesn't get humiliated any further.

I didn't mind it at first because it made sense for Benoit to get jumped and what not, I was just hoping he would make a comeback in the match and get one of them to tap to be shown he can be a strong champion. And then Edge came to the rescue regardless. And then Kane was added. It was stupid booking.

Any suggestions for me SIGN wise for Bad Blood?

DON'T ORDER THE GREAT AMERICAN BASH!

Did Michaels hit a fan?

Nah, it was a security guard.

Sadly enough, the same thing was happening to Benoit just last year when he was jobbing left and right in singles matches on Smackdown.

*Sean O'Haire beats the hell out of Benoit and chokes him* Benoit:"Aaaahhh! Aaaaahh! Aaaaaahhh!"

In some Smackdown matches last year, Benoit would just get dominated by his opponents and then come back with the rolling germans, the Diving Headbutt, and maybe the Crossface, although I don't think he even did that in the Sean O'Haire match.

Not only that, but HBK (after going 25 [or so] minutes w/ Orton, as well as being bloodied) is then able to dominate both Orton & Batista post-match, and have the strength left to climb into the skybox to fight HHH.

The subtle burial of Benoit keeps me watching week after week. I get a sort of masochistic pleasure out of it - it is by far the most interesting thing going on WWE TV. This feud with Kane is probably the saddest excuse of a World title feud I've ever witnessed. Almost ZERO effort was put into it from the writers' end.

IMO though...that's kind of good. It makes the tag champs seem like more of a threat and like 'they're coming into their own'. This way, they won't be defending the title as a joke as you put it. And plus, the them beating up Benoit isn't all that bad, no matter how strong Benoit is supposed to look. Because fact is, logic would make it seem as if La Resistance is supposed to have the upperhand. 2 Vs 1.

Guest Dids

The crowd last night blew. Where ever they were, they shouldn't come back. Just killed any of the emotion of the matches.

I'm starting to hate everything about HBK. He's just fucking boring.

I didn't watch much last night because I was watching the Hockey game that actually mattered, was it just Benoit's good selling, or what?

This feud with Kane is probably the saddest excuse of a World title feud I've ever witnessed.

Have you NOT watched Smackdown lately?

Yeah. I'd take a hundred feuds with Kane over a single minute of Bradshaw.

And regarding Dids' comment on HBK, I started watching his match with Orton last night on tape, but I got bored, so I fast forwarded it a little, then a little more, and even that got boring, so I just stopped watching the match once DAVE~! made his way down the steps. I can't wait until he retires his sorry boring ass for good.

Benoit x2 @ PPV > Clique in a Cell

After last night RAW is back to its sucky self, that HBK/Orton match was brutal and it bored me to sleep. Pushing a guy that plays a retard on tv and putting his "uncle" Eric on almost every segment won't put any asses on seats.

Guest Mulatto Heat

My point was covered by Spiff - it's kind of hard for Benoit to sell La Rez like they're stabbing him to death and look credible while doing it, when later on in the night HBK easily takes care of two guys higher on the totem pole than La Rez, after wrestling a 20 minute + match. But Shawn is Superman and we're all blessed for having the privilege of watching him, yadda yadda yadda.

I would have liked it better if Benoit actually got somewhat of a comeback before succumbing to another double-team, or the ref DQing La Rez for excessive double-teaming before Edge ran-in, but what's done is done. Onto next week and seeing how many people get to be portrayed better throughout the 2 hours.

The official reason for Matt Hardy not being on the show last night is that he's Matt Hardy.

He could have been pulling Heat duty.

*hasn't read the SNH spoilers yet

The official reason for Matt Hardy not being on the show last night is that he's Matt Hardy.

That just raises the question why he was put on Heat instead of Raw.

Because he's Matt Hardy.

Because he's Matt Hardy.

I don't see how anyone can say that really...if they've been watching for the last month or two, Matt's been on just about every show. And quite frankly, it sucks. I liked it better when he appeared every now and then and put on a good heat match. Whereas now, when he has a match on RAW it's usually sub par or below. And the fact that he's in this little Kane/Lita/Matt feud thing sucks even worse.

Because he's Matt Hardy.

I don't see how anyone can say that really...if they've been watching for the last month or two, Matt's been on just about every show.

I've been watching long enough to notice they treat him like shit on a regular basis.

WWE RAW did a 3.4 rating this week off hours of 3.2 and 3.6. While the number is up from a 3.2 last week, it is still very low. The highest rated segment was a 4.0 for the overrrun.

Credit: PWInsider.com