TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DangerousDamon

Suprising moves that a wrestler has used.

When Jericho would use the triple powerbomb.

Jack Evans and his standing corkscrew SSP, or his double moonsault.

A lot of the spots in the TLC matches.

Mankind being thrown off the cage, and then chokeslammed through the cage.

When he was first tossed off JR went nuts: Bah gawd oh mighty that killed him.........he's broken in half......someone get out here.

Then when he gets chokeslammed through The King: That's it he's dead. Then JR: The poor son of a......he's broken in half.

WOW.

DeVito used to do a moonsault all the time in ECW, Lucharesu, so if that's the first time you saw him do it...wow.

I never saw him do it in ECW. ROH was the first time I ever saw him do it, and I couldn't believe it.

Guest TigerDriver91

Chris Benoit using a top-rope hurracanrana on one of the Steiner Bros. during a tag-team match in Japan.

Colt Cabana doing an Asai Moonsault on CM Punk in RoH was suprising to see because I thought Cabana was just a generic power wrestler.

Colt's also done a Phoenix Splash-y type move.

The first time Vader busted out with a moonsault

Unthinkable

I remember rumors that a younger, skinnier Giant/Big Show could do a moonsault as well... was that really true though?

This guy who wrestles in a fed I trained with, New Midwest Wrestling (cheap pop) weighs over 400 pounds of pure fat, but he has performed several moonsaults.

http://www.newmidwest.com/bios/church_of_ron/madman.html

The Mississippi Madman Don Jackson!

Probably on Burchills debut match in the FWA. He did a running SSP to the outside of the ring. Very impressive for the guys size

Didn't he also do that by going over the ring post instead of just over the ropes, or was that done later in his career?

Guest Duncan Eternia
Undertaker's tope at Ground Zero onto about twelve guys.

Yeah that was nice. As was his top rope legdrop to the outside onto Austin at I think Summer Slam a few years back.

Also, although not something like a hoss showing workrate, I always cringe when I see the storm cradle driver. The first time I saw it "surprised" wasn't even the word. It was more like flat-out "sick".

Guest Pariah

The Headhunters Moonsaults

Birchill delivering the C4 (Single man, Standing Spanish Fly)

Guest Eric the Eagle

The Dragoncanranabomb.

I think that move actually breaks most of the laws of physics.

You mean SUWA/Dragon Kid with the Dragonrana, reversed to Powerbomb, re-reversed into a rana than reversed again into a Sunset Flip?

Just a case of both guys being fast. But yes, it's a surprising little spot.

Guest DVD Spree
When Jericho would use the triple powerbomb.

Lesnar muscling Spike Dudley off the mat and tossing him up onto his shoulders for a triple powerbomb. Phat.

And I second anything done by Burchill - too bad he's going to get castrated by WWE.

Guest BDC
Booker T's somersault legdrop off the top rope on HHH at WrestleMania XIX.

Hell, that was the Harlem Hangover from WCW for Booker. I think he hurt someone so he switched to the Harlem Heetseeker (missle dropkick).

The first page had something about Matt's handstand DDT, I remember him doing it to Edge and he quit using the spot because it gave Edge a nasty stinger.

Booker T's somersault legdrop off the top rope on HHH at WrestleMania XIX.

Hell, that was the Harlem Hangover from WCW for Booker. I think he hurt someone so he switched to the Harlem Heetseeker (missle dropkick).

*didn't get much WCW in Canada thanks to a lack of TV coverage at the time* :(

Guest Dynamite Kido

I must say that two that come to mind immediately are the superplex Hogan used on Bossman off the top of the cage in their SNME cage match. Also, the blue thunder driver that I saw Super Dragon hit B-Boy with at the IWA-MS Strong Style Revolution show was pretty impressive as well.

Guest BrokenWings
Jindrak dropkicking someone who is on the top rope. That's quite a leap.

Indeed.

I also recall a Velocity where someone was crotched on the top turnbuckle, and he lept from the mat to the top rope squat-style, and went for a hurracanrana. He did botch the spot, but the simple fact he was in position to do it, and it's obvious he can do it with a little more focus was pretty amazing.

Mike Awesome's moveset, especially when he's flying. Very pretty looking moves.

Beulah giving a pretty damn good huracanrana to Fonzie.

Taz giving Bam Bam a nice exploder of the ramp, and braining himself in the process.

The Sasuke Specials, Double Moonsault, Amazing Red's standing moonsault.

Rikishi doing the Hennig oversell of a clothesline.

Kneeling pildricer (done by masked wrestler, was in Mexico when I saw it, couldn't tell you who it was.)

Hardy's Swanton absolutely floored me when I first saw it. You remember how dangerously he used to do that move all the time?

Guest Prof_Plague

Wow. Almost everything I was thinking has already has been mentioned.

But we all can't forget:

Big Show - doing the W-O-R-M! WORM!!!

Guest M. Harry Smilac

Perfect Plex on Giant on Nitro-Henning's return

Not a move,but Goldberg basically bench pressing Scott Steiner in WCW during a gorilla press slam was pretty suprising.

Giant making his return on Nitro after the incident with Nash and giving him one of the sickest powerbombs I have ever seen.

I swear the amount of force Giant brought Nash down with made the ring hop-up about a foot.

DDP giving Giant a top rope Diamond Cutter in his last match on Nitro before going to wwf.

Guest PlatinumBoy
Perfect Plex on Giant on Nitro-Henning's return

Not a move,but Goldberg basically bench pressing Scott Steiner in WCW during a gorilla press slam was pretty suprising.

Giant making his return on Nitro after the incident with Nash and giving him one of the sickest powerbombs I have ever seen.

I swear the amount of force Giant brought Nash down with made the ring hop-up about a foot.

DDP giving Giant a top rope Diamond Cutter in his last match on Nitro before going to wwf.

Isn't it easier though to bench press someone rather than military press them? Even in rasslin' world (I can't think of a way the other person can help you hold them up).

The first time Vader busted out with a moonsault

Unthinkable

I remember rumors that a younger, skinnier Giant/Big Show could do a moonsault as well... was that really true though?

This guy who wrestles in a fed I trained with, New Midwest Wrestling (cheap pop) weighs over 400 pounds of pure fat, but he has performed several moonsaults.

http://www.newmidwest.com/bios/church_of_ron/madman.html

The Mississippi Madman Don Jackson!

Hey, my post got a thread bumped. Sweet.

I think my amazement in imagining Wight doing a moonsault was because of his height... it's hard to imagine a 7'+ man using that move.