TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MooreMark

Last Comic Standing 2!

If Gary does that set in Vegas, he could win the entire thing. It was miles better than anything last year's final five came up with.

I liked Jay, but he needed to not get challenged at all to be able to go to Vegas. His act has a real "too smart for the room" feel about it.

If Gary does that set in Vegas, he could win the entire thing. It was miles better than anything last year's final five came up with.

There is some truth to that. But I don't think he's really been consistent.

Here's to hoping that Tammy goes next week. I'm gonna guess that it's a Tammy/Corey showdown next week. That or it's gonna be Heffron/Alonzo, to get rid of one of the strongest comedians...

Yeah, both Heffron and Alonzo are two of the stronger candidates, as Alonzo showed at the roast, and as Heffron has shown a few times now.

I'd make my list as:

1- Heffron

2- Alonzo

3- Madigan

4- Gulman

5- Holcombe

I don't see Tammy making it after next week, especially after she basically called everyone a pussy.

If Gary does that set in Vegas, he could win the entire thing.  It was miles better than anything last year's final five came up with.

There is some truth to that. But I don't think he's really been consistent.

Agreed...the set he beat Ant with was pretty mediocre. He won because Ant's set just wasn't funny.

Here's to hoping that Tammy goes next week.  I'm gonna guess that it's a Tammy/Corey showdown next week.

I actually don't mind Tammy (on stage, anyway). Corey is the one I want to see go. I've never found him to be that funny, and I really can't stand him in the house.

That or it's gonna be Heffron/Alonzo, to get rid of one of the strongest comedians...

This would make me very angry. Very angry indeed.

My top 5:

1 - Alonzo

2 - John

3 - Kathleen

4 - Gary

5 - Tammy

That or it's gonna be Heffron/Alonzo, to get rid of one of the strongest comedians...

This would make me very angry. Very angry indeed.

My top 5:

1 - Alonzo

2 - John

3 - Kathleen

4 - Gary

5 - Tammy

Me too. But if I were Tammy that's what I would try to manipulate. Her only chance, really.

Top 5:

1 - Heffron

2 - Alonzo

3 - Kathleen

4 - Gary

5 - It doesn't matter

I like Jay, but you knew he was going out. His act is good, but I think in front of a big crowd it's too offbeat. Gary works well cause his jokes are about stuff everyone can relate to. Oreo cookies, the "we're all going to die" handle on the passanger side of the car.

I hope like hell Tammy goes next. And with Jay, Bonnie, and Todd coming back she may...if they have anything to do with it. I think her act is way more hit or miss than anyone else left.

I like Jay, but you knew he was going out. His act is good, but I think in front of a big crowd it's too offbeat. Gary works well cause his jokes are about stuff everyone can relate to. Oreo cookies, the "we're all going to die" handle on the passanger side of the car.

He's got good flow as well. Since Jay's act is offbeat one-liners, it depends more on a "domino effect" of laughter rather than any sort of flow from one joke to the next. You saw how that worked in the semi-finals, where one joke got the audeince going, and they didn't stop laughing until he was done.

btw, does anyone else call that handle the "Jesus" handle?

I call it the "Oh shit" handle.

Too bad about Jay though. I find him to be very witty and funny, but like you've said, if the crowd doesn't get him, it's over. Right after his set, Gary could have been terrible and still won.

I read on aintitcoolnews.com that Last Comic Standing is NBC's highest rated show right now. And I know that doesn't mean a lot durring the summer months, but it meant enough to get the show back for at least a third season

If Heffron gets eliminated, I'm not even going to watch the final five.

The other comics coming back was just stupid. They were eliminated for a reason.

They also need to drop the "comics pitch a sitcom" game for the automatic spot in the finals. It was clear that none of them were really good at it, and the focus group hated all of them.

Alonzo and John are going to have to majorly bomb to not make it to the finals. Corey just punched his ticket out of there.

Don't understand why they're so hell-bent on bringing the eliminated comics back into the show.

Glad Heffron made it.

Feel bad for Gary and Tammy, as Kathleen, John and Alonzo all have material that appeals to wide varieties of audience.

Corey had a painfully weak set. Nothing was working and you could read it on his face that he knew it.

And damn Tammy...this was her week to go! Todd was robbed in the first place.

Replaying it in my head.

I think that Heffron was going to the showdown no matter what. Only 1 vote from the Outcast tribe, so there was obviously a strategy to get a strong comic on there in case he/she happened to bomb. That would also explain why Kathleen got votes from Heffron and Gulman.

Heffron's choosing Corey was a no brainer. And voting Alonzo to the three-way dance was also a no-brainer in terms of "strategy".

But given the "wild card" round for the Outcasts, it's probably fortunate for Bonnie, Todd, Jay and Ant that it wasn't a 3-way dance between Kathleen, Heffron and Alonzo, as the loser of the 3 would've owned the wild card.