TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MooreMark

Last Comic Standing 2!

I love this show, I really do.

Much like many other people here I liked Dat the very first time they showed him, each and every time after that it was stupid because it was the same thing every single time.

Anyone think the show seemed different tonight without The Buck Star Show?

I'm super pissed that Pablo Francisco didn't make it. I didn't see his set tonight, but I've seen his Comedy Central special a few times and I've heard other material of his in clips online. There's NO F'N WAY that all 10 of the people they selected from that group were better.

What a joke.

Guest Wildbomb 4:20

Out of the highlights they showed, they pretty much pegged him into an ethnic joke corner. He did the Latin singer joke, which was absofuckinglutely hilarious. He also started to get into the Movie Preview Voice, but that was after his set was up. It wasn't as great as his Comedy Central special, by far, but he was better than five of the people that they wound up taking. Especially the women. God they were almost exclusively brutal.

heh I love the movie preview voice.

Remember near the end of the episode when they showed the audience booing right before the commercial break, and told us they'd show us "the bad?" What was that? They never aired any act with the audience reacting like that.

heh I love the movie preview voice.

Movie Voice having sex: "Oh yeah... The DESIRE in your eyes... the PASSION between us burns with FIRE... Oh yeah, one way in... No way out."

AWESOME

I'm super pissed that Pablo Francisco didn't make it. I didn't see his set tonight, but I've seen his Comedy Central special a few times and I've heard other material of his in clips online. There's NO F'N WAY that all 10 of the people they selected from that group were better.

What a joke.

I'm reading the recaps, and I'm shocked - SHOCKED I say - that a panel with Colin Quinn AND Rich Vos on it moved Jim Norton into the next round.

Comedians I've heard of that made it:

Bonnie McFarland

Jim Norton

Sue Costello

I like the idea of this show, but I think it is B.S. for established comedians to be on. This should be a show for a person to breakthrough, many have already had thier chance and blown it. That one dude is on Tough Crowd almost every night, it is not like he is hurting for money and needs this. Someone before compared this like Styles being on Tough Enough, I think it is more like Honkey Tonk Man.

Guest Jimbo

I am dying to see Jim Norton get to the house and go apeshit at the people.

....unfortunately, his total disgust with pretty much everyone will keep him from it unless NBC wants total chaos, but it should be funny to see him commentate on the whole thing afterwards...

My problem with the first season was that they brought it down to Ralphie May and Dat Phan who were both very limited in their jokes. Dat Phan was mostly about being Asian and Ralphie May was mostly about being fat. I like that they picked Dat over Ralphie, it's just that 2 or 3 of the other guys were much funnier.

Tess always came off to me as being just as limited as Dat and even less funny. Perhaps charismatic or something, but not funny. Rich and Dave were the two best and I wish they would've been the final two.

^ Rice Power!

Asians that kick ass on "reality" TV:

- Shii Ann Huang from Survivor

- Dorothy Hui from The Mole 2

Asians that don't:

- Dat Phan

- Daniel Lue from Survivor

^ Rice Power!

Asians that kick ass on "reality" TV:

- Shii Ann Huang from Survivor

- Dorothy Hui from The Mole 2

Asians that don't:

- Dat Phan

- Daniel Lue from Survivor

Jun Song owned the friggin house on Big Brother 4.

Retha didn't make it :(. Jim Norton did, he was hilarious "$3000?! I just want to have sex with her, paying that kind of money..do I get to chop off her head and keep it?!"

Stripper Girl was pretty good but she didn't make it either. I may be the minority but I dislike Ant's set, he was ok last year..he's too repetetive now.

Jun Song owned the friggin house on Big Brother 4.

I suppose... but I don't watch Big Brother. I'll find out whether Alison is as bad as her rep though during The Amazing Race. She can't possibly replicate the universal hate that people have for Zack's partner in TAR 3 though...

The celebrity judge thing seems to be a fraud, since the producers just pick who they want to be in the house, regardless. Drew Carey and Brett Butler said they felt their opinions didn't really matter, which you can see when they're on next week's episode.

Oh my, that Kirson person is BRUTAL. WHY was she picked to go on. WHY?

She can't even pronounce "mature"!

Oh my, that Kirson person is BRUTAL. WHY was she picked to go on. WHY?

She can't even pronounce "mature"!

Which one was that?

I think that the 5 that went on probably deserved it. Not sure what Carey and Butler were bitching about. Dan had a chance, but I think that his "I've done this joke before" line killed him.

The funny thing is that this is almost Joe Schmo-ish (or Peter Engel-ish) in the casting. You've got the comedian who's paid their dues, the bitch, the black guy, the gay guy and the pretty boy. So I suppose Jim Norton will make it as "the bitter guy"...

Guest Jimbo

Ugh, fuck that shit with a long pointy stick.

Dan got screwed. Butler and Carey are in fucking tears, he get a standing ovation, and he doesn't get in? Fuck you NBC for not liking him because he's just a normal poor white guy comic. So what if he doesn't dance around like a dumbshit attention whoring fairy like Todd Glass, this is about comedy and he was leaps ahead of everyone else, including London, who was good, but not as good as his performance last week even.

Fuck Ant for taking his palce. Yay for Ant, you're gay and you're dad is watching. Whoopdee fucking doo, you're a talentless hack who gets over on cheesy, unfunny jokes. Eat a fucking bullet.

Ah well, I hope Jay London or Boddin win. They were great tonight.

Jim Wiggins and Dan Naturman should have EASILY made it in over Jay London and Todd Glass.

Of course, Jay London is tight with Jay Mohr, and Todd Glass..well, he's just an obnoxious child. That's his schtick.

The only two left that I like are Alonzo and John Heffron.

This "competition" (har, har) is missing Dan Adhoot, Monty Hoffman, Dan Naturman, Jim Norton (although it's not their fault), Pablo Fransisco and Paul Varghese. Not all of them should have made it in, but they could have made it over some of the duds now living in the house.

Glass is obviously in there for his "off the stage" persona. Jay London, I can see though. One liner guys are always kinda fun. The other three were deserving enough. What's Norton involved in though that would bump him from the competition?

I gotta say though, that perhaps Carey and Butler were a bit too full of themselves in thinking that they and they alone were responsible for moving the comedians on. Note that Anthony Clark and Tess were not featured in complaining about things.

I bet Norton and Glass will stay in the house the longest since they will be the trouble makers causing havoc on fellow comics. A show without heels would be boring so......how many stupid gay jokes will they come up with and will they make Ant cry?

Guest Jimbo

Norton isn't in it. He wasn't even in the competition last night because of network contractual problems.