TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fook

The OAO Raw Thread for 06/14/04

Jericho+Eugene Vs HHH and Batistia reeks of Raw Main eventness.

Orton isn't ready for Main event just yet...keep him with Benjamin for the 2/3 falls at Vengence and then go Eugene/Orton for Slam...then Let HHH get the title from Benoit at No Mercy and then go HHH/Jericho to kill time...Benoit gives Orton the rub...Orton does the full turn and HHH/Orton headline WMXXI.

I bet many are hating you right now...for your end result. :P Even though it's been speculated for a long time that may happen.

And Y2Jerk...yea they did. Eugene was the #1 contender before Trips said somethign.

Guest Choken One

So basically no one is really the #1 contender right now...and it sounded like bisch was saying, if Eugene can win...he can be the #1 contender...but knows HHH will fuck him up so it doesn't matter and wants to use Eugene's favorite wrestler to crush his dreams but Jericho will come in and fuck that idea up and Eugene assumes since he either didn't lose or maybe even gets the fluke pin he is the #1 contender but since Jericho interfered...Eugene's #1 contender status is revoked.

If Triple H beats Eugene he would become the #1 contender. I like how RAW started with the 'feud ender' but the HBK injury went on 10 minutes too long (Watching someone be rolled into Then the agony continued with Joe Schmo's preview. I like the show but I didn't like it in the middle of the show. The Main Event was good booking wise. After the commerical break before 11/10 eastern-standard time, I thought 'oh great a couiple of quick eliminations and then Evolution beats them down. It was obviously a ratings pull because it would have never lasted that long. Good move it made up for the injury spot.

Good comeback for a mediocre pay per view

Bischoff said:

"Well, there's someone else that could be the #1 Contender...you see...he's undefeated, too...it's..my nephew."

Are you sure?

edit: I'm checking my tape.

Edited by Y2Jerk

Guest Choken One
Jericho+Eugene Vs HHH and Batistia reeks of Raw Main eventness.

Orton isn't ready for Main event just yet...keep him with Benjamin for the 2/3 falls at Vengence and then go Eugene/Orton for Slam...then Let HHH get the title from Benoit at No Mercy and then go HHH/Jericho to kill time...Benoit gives Orton the rub...Orton does the full turn and HHH/Orton headline WMXXI.

I bet many are hating you right now...for your end result. :P Even though it's been speculated for a long time that may happen.

And Y2Jerk...yea they did. Eugene was the #1 contender before Trips said somethign.

Actually...Sounds like the board has really warmed up to Orton lately and he should be improved enough for a main event run by next year...WMXXI? Hope not.

Holy crap they finally made Benoit look strong, wow!!!!

They've made Benoit look strong for a while. I don't know where this "finally" crap comes from.

Motherfucking fuck did that show blow all kinds of ass.

- HHH/HBK segment.

- Pointless Kane run-in.

- More HBK.

- More HHH.

- Mixed tag suckfest featuring a fabulous botch by Tomko.

- Flag match suckfest

- Long winded HHH promo

- Womens tag suckfest

- Repetitive as shit main event

Guest Choken One

Denial.

They still want to think Benoit is being buried ala Jericho.

Bischoff said:

"Well, there's someone else that could be the #1 Contender...you see...he's undefeated, too...it's..my nephew."

I checked the tape.

That is NOT what was said.

HHH: After I beat Shawn Michaels last night, I figure basically...you're looking at the number one contender, right?

Bischoff: Um...yes and no.

HHH: What do you mean yes and no?  Its a simple question, Eric.  I beat Shawn Michaels last night.  Shawn Michaels and I were up to be number one contender.  That makes me number one contender, right?

Bischoff: Not quite as simple as that, Triple H.  See, there's is someone else around here you haven't beat.  Somebody else around here who's undefeated. 

HHH: Who?

Bischoff: My nephew, Eugene. 

HHH: You're kidding, right?

Bischoff: No, I'm not kidding.  So here's the deal.  That number one contender's spot?  Its yours.  Under one condition: next week its Triple H versus my nephew, Eugene.  And you beat the holy hell out my nephew.

HHH: No problem.

They never said anything about Eugene getting a title shot if he wins.

Somebody needs to tie you down ala Clockwork Orange and make you re-watch some matches from 2000........and 2002.......and 2002 again.

Yeah, I know it'll lead to tragedy, but I still want to see it for some weird reason.

Benoit has NO HEAT AT ALL. Like... less than Orton before Mania. The crowd is silent when he got tagged in.

Again...Southern Ohio hates Benoit.

Witness Souled Out 2000 and tonight.

Dude I was there, post show Benoit cut a promo on HHH and the crowd was solidly behind him, we wuz just tired is all.

from what? The epic Flag Match?

Naaaaah, it was the epic Taijiri/A-Train match no one saw because you all got the special Joe Schmoe 2 preview. It was so intense I had to go to the bathroom during it to catch my breath. :-D

And I'm sorry it seems most of you guys didn't like the show, I enjoyed myself enough.

Gotta agree with DMann, it was pretty good there, and Benoit got pretty good ovations.

And good lord, did people fucking flock to Joe Schmoe. He was taking pictures and signing autographs non-stop from 8:40 to about 10:15.

"...the most storied rivalry in the history of the WW_..."

Technically, that's true, since WW_ has only been around for a couple of years. But I am truly amazed and appalled at all the manufactured drama they tried to attach to the Clique feud. What a ham-handed display of total shit. JR should be shot for feeding into this mockery of a feud. There was more believable intensity and hatred in the Bret/Austin story (as short as it was) than in this Mutual Admiration Society that HHH and HBK tried to fabricate. If it wasn't for the main event, I probably would have stopped watching the show after the first 15 minutes.

Guest Goodear

Damn does Flair need to get out of the ring. Damn. Damn. DAMN. Seriously folks, how people can watch the dreck he puts out on a weekly basis and not riot is beyond me folks. All he's doing now is making me look back at his past work and seeing just how repetitive and boring a worker he always was. Does the man realize that perhaps he shouldn't work with everyone in exactly the same way? Maybe? Christ he's the most boring worker of the age.

Just as a side note, Orton has now shown that he knows how to use the chinlock effectively with that portion he was working with Benoit as far as constantly moving and adjusting. The kid needs to remember to do that sort of thing each and every time out.

Just as a side note, Orton has now shown that he knows how to use the chinlock effectively with that portion he was working with Benoit as far as constantly moving and adjusting. The kid needs to remember to do that sort of thing each and every time out.

Well after 2+ years in the wrestling business he had to learn something.

Guest whitemilesdavis
Damn does Flair need to get out of the ring. Damn. Damn. DAMN. Seriously folks, how people can watch the dreck he puts out on a weekly basis and not riot is beyond me folks. All he's doing now is making me look back at his past work and seeing just how repetitive and boring a worker he always was. Does the man realize that perhaps he shouldn't work with everyone in exactly the same way? Maybe? Christ he's the most boring worker of the age.

While I totally disagree with your last statement there, I hate to say you a right about the rest. Watching Flair mail it in last night on RAW was just painful. For the sake of his legacy, he really has to get out of the ring. I think I am accurate in saying that, right now, he is TOMKO bad.

Guest Goodear
Just as a side note, Orton has now shown that he knows how to use the chinlock effectively with that portion he was working with Benoit as far as constantly moving and adjusting.  The kid needs to remember to do that sort of thing each and every time out.

Well after 2+ years in the wrestling business he had to learn something.

Considering some guys like Christian still haven't learned that little bit of information, I thought minor props were in order. Of course I was also the guy that wrote an entire article on the chinlock so I'm pecular that way.

I enjoyed the Raw, but I fastforwarded through all the recap filler (I watched Prior destroy Clemens). Good main event (although not great), 2 great angles (HBK injury, and Eugene/HHH), and Gail stretching Stacey is enough for me to give it the thumbs up. Way too much filler but there was enough really good stuff. The Lita pregnancy angle seems to be pure wrestlecrap though.

Guest Choken One

Christian spent the last 8 months with Jericho...

Orton spent the last 8 months with Benoit, Shawn, Flair and Trips...

Naturally Orton would pick up better things then X would.

Orton has finally proven he can do this shit. FINALLY.

I really wish they weren't completely turning him into ROCK 2.0 but it's actually working as the crowds are getting behind orton now.

i haven't had a chance to read through all 21 pages of this thread to see if anyone else noticed, but the highlight of the night for me was seeing Jericho get in HHHs' face and not back down, even with all of Evolution right there...i'm a slight Jericho mark so that was kind of cool to see and JR and the King failed to notice it...did that fued ever have any real closure?

Gotta agree with DMann, it was pretty good there, and Benoit got pretty good ovations.

And good lord, did people fucking flock to Joe Schmoe. He was taking pictures and signing autographs non-stop from 8:40 to about 10:15.

I'd have to agree that the crowd was behind Benoit, but I was sitting in front of two rows of Benoit marks, so I can't quite give fair judgment.

And Joe Schmo was signing autographs and taking pictures for a good 30-45 minutes after the show. He was really nice and wanted to make sure everyone got their picture or autograph.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Benoit has NO HEAT AT ALL. Like... less than Orton before Mania. The crowd is silent when he got tagged in.

Again...Southern Ohio hates Benoit.

Witness Souled Out 2000 and tonight.

Dude I was there, post show Benoit cut a promo on HHH and the crowd was solidly behind him, we wuz just tired is all.

Orton still got a fairly solid pop.