TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Only The Strong Survive

WWE Raw V.S. Smackdown!

IGN has the Dudleys, Stacy Keibler, and John Cena up. Same generic music for Stacy, but the Dudleys have the current theme, unlike the last game.

For Cena's entrance, they have him hang out on the stage to rap on the mic, but you don't actually hear him talk. It is better off that way, though. In addition to the FU from HCTP, he has a better, reanimated FU, as well. He does the "You can't see me" wave to their face and then does it.

Personally, I'm waiting for JBL's entrance. I'm curious to see how they handle the limo and all.

For IGN Insiders, they have a No Mercy PPV up with Booker T vs. Cena, Big Show vs. Angle, and JBL vs. Taker. Everyone has their entrances, so I watched JBL's, and no limo. :( He just walks down to the ring with his smiling face, waving, and wearing his hat and jacket. It's not horrible, but the limo would've rocked.

Guest Real F'n Show

I just put my $5 deposit down for the game at Best Buy, and the girl there said they'd have the game in store by October 15. I know that can't be right...

Guest Dynamite Kido
I just put my $5 deposit down for the game at Best Buy, and the girl there said they'd have the game in store by October 15. I know that can't be right...

Yep. It's wrong. Last time I heard(at Gamestop) the release date was Nov. 3rd......but it could change I suppose.....

Going around online stores once again...

Yeah, everyone says November 2nd.

"Bonus Offer! - Preorder WWE Smackdown vs Raw and receive a Andre The Giant WWE Smackdown vs Raw Action Figure FREE! Re-enact all of Anrde's greatest wrestling moments with this high quality action figure." - Gamestop.

So the game is coming out 2 weeks earlier than I thought, which is cool... except apparently (as I just learned surfing the stores), San Andreas got pushed back a week to the 25th (I had been reading 18th forever), meaning those 2 games come out in the same week. I guess it doesn't matter since I planned on using older games for the first time ever to pay towards SDvsRaw. Does anyone know what games EB doesn't allow in their "3 Games for 1" trade deal? I'm suspecting almost anything that has become a greatest hit ir is older than a year does not count. I was going to get rid of Just Bring It (which will allow me to finally clear that 4MB save without feeling bad about maybe wanting to play as CAW Hurricane vs. Jerry Lynn in the future), WMXIX and Day of Reckoning. DoR is fairly recent and I hope it puts off at least $25 on the purchase.

Guest bigm350

Is Raw vs SD now scheduled to be released on November 2nd? Or is it scheduled to be released even earlier than that now?

Guest bigm350
Seriously, did you even read the rest of the posts on this page?

Yeah, I did. But there are conflicting dates on there.

Guest Real F'n Show

--------------------------------------

"Bonus Offer! - Preorder WWE Smackdown vs Raw and receive a Andre The Giant WWE Smackdown vs Raw Action Figure FREE! Re-enact all of Anrde's greatest wrestling moments with this high quality action figure." - Gamestop.

So the game is coming out 2 weeks earlier than I thought, which is cool... except apparently (as I just learned surfing the stores), San Andreas got pushed back a week to the 25th (I had been reading 18th forever), meaning those 2 games come out in the same week. I guess it doesn't matter since I planned on using older games for the first time ever to pay towards SDvsRaw. Does anyone know what games EB doesn't allow in their "3 Games for 1" trade deal? I'm suspecting almost anything that has become a greatest hit ir is older than a year does not count. I was going to get rid of Just Bring It (which will allow me to finally clear that 4MB save without feeling bad about maybe wanting to play as CAW Hurricane vs. Jerry Lynn in the future), WMXIX and Day of Reckoning. DoR is fairly recent and I hope it puts off at least $25 on the purchase.

It's not that hard to read unless your dislexic or something...

Guest bigm350

Alright November 2nd. Sounds like I might trade in HCTP and Manhunt for SD vs Raw. Would be the first time I ever would trade games to make another game relatively cheaper to buy as well.

Guest bigm350

It's not that hard to read unless your dislexic or something...

Don't you mean dyslexic?

Alright November 2nd. Sounds like I might trade in HCTP and Manhunt for SD vs Raw. Would be the first time I ever would trade games to make another game relatively cheaper to buy as well.

Sincee you said it'd be the first time..just so you know, both of those would probaly be like 10$. :P Yea, it's something, and does make it cheaper...but still not much if you think so.

Guest Real F'n Show
Don't you mean dyslexic?

That's what I said. You must have it worse than I originally thought :P

Guest bigm350

Sincee you said it'd be the first time..just so you know, both of those would probaly be like 10$. :P Yea, it's something, and does make it cheaper...but still not much if you think so.

Yeah, thats what I figured. I knew I wouldn't get a big discount but at least its something, I guess. I don't know yet though. I might keep HCTP; just in case Raw vs SD sucks.

I'm going to keep mine just because I am loathe to give up all of my tweaked CAWs, only to start all over again. I will trade in my SYM and two or three others, though.

Guest Coffey

Shit, I WISH I could get get ten bucks for those two titles together. Around here, most trade-in's will garner you a dollar. That's right, one fucking dollar.

A friend of mine was going to trade in a Nintendo 64, with 4 controllers (memory cards for each) and it's games (Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Goldeneye 007, WCW/NWO Revenge, WWF Wrestlemania 2000, WWF No Mercy, NBA Hangtime & NBA Showdown). Guess how much all of that came to?

The Console was $6. The games were all $1, except for No Mercy which was $2. The controllers were $1 each, and the memory cards didn't matter. That's right, a grand total of $19. They offered to make it "a round $20." They offerend ten bucks for a Nintendo 64 with four controllers with a memory card for each controller.

*shakes head*

You don't even want to know about Dreamcast trade-ins.

Around here, trading shit in is worse than going to a pawn shop. All the old Smackdown games are worth around $1. Especially when the new one is about to come out. Smackdown 1 & 2 will fetch you a buck a piece. The one with Hogan will probably only get you a buck too. HCtP might get you two or three, but not when the new one is released.

Go to Blockbuster and preorder the game as I have done.

If you trade in two games, you can preorder it for $29. Then, whatever the trade-in value of those two games, you get to take that off of the $29 also. If you trade in three, you still get that deal, AND you get $5 more trade-in value per game, so doing that would give you SDvsRAW straight up, with trade-in credit left over to use on something else.

Also at Blockbuster, they are running a special where EVERY DVD you trade in gives you $8 trade-in credit. If you have a bunch of crappy DVDs, you can really make it count.

If your Blockbuster does trade-ins, there is no reason for you to trade anywhere else anymore.

Just as an example:

Say you did take in HCTP and Manhunt for the PS2. Blockbuster will give you $22 for HCTP and $7 for Manhunt. That right there just about pays for any new game you preorder, including SDvsRAW. If you were to toss in a third game, something very cheap or crappy, you'll instantly get $5 more per game. So $27 for HCTP, $12 for Manhunt, then whatever for the third one.

Then, as I said, you'd have a good bit leftover for whatever else you watned to buy.

Hey, DH, thanks for the info. I have a ton of DVDs that I want to unload that none of the one-shot used shops won't take off my hands.

Now if I could only find a major chain that would do the same with CDs... ;)

Guest Coffey

I'll have to investigate locally to see if the Blockbuster video stores around here do that.

wow I should have pre-ordered smackdown vs raw. I already did for san andreas but that was a month ago and at the time I wasnt sure if I could order this game as I didnt know the release date. crap.

and I would never trade in my n64 i traded in my old nes in 1994 and only got about 50 bucks for it and 16 games learned my lesson

besides I still like goldeneye and no mercy

Guest bigm350

Thanks DH. That sounds like an awesome setup at Blockbuster. I'll check it out.

Guest Real F'n Show
my local Blockbuster doesn't do trades, none of them do around here as they are all franchise stores.

Fuck that.

Same here. Doesn't really bother me, I hate trading stuff in.

I traded WCW/nWo Revenge in at some other store to help pay for HCTP, and have been craving it ever since. Never found it again either.

my local hollywood video has the game krazy mini store(where I preordered san andreas at), which sells, trades, adn buys games. they have an extensive collection of old nes, genesis,snes,n64, ps1 and gameboys games. i saw revenge there for like 4 bucks, wwf attitude for 5 bucks

just bought simpsons hit and run new at blockbuster for only 19.95 most places here still had it for 39.99