TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Only The Strong Survive

WWE Raw V.S. Smackdown!

The problem lies with which wrestlers would agree to it, since a lot of them have heat with Vince/WWE, and the game would be put out under that name.

If Acclaim waives a dollar sign in their face they'll agree. Only guys I could not under any circumstance see in a WWE game are Randy Savage and Bruno Sammartino. No one else is under that bad terms with them.

They could certainly do a better job picking legends, thats for sure. I wonder if the PS3 version of this series will have a total roster with a ton of legends...

Well, the PS3 isn;t due out until what, late '05, early '06?

Time will tell, I guess.

If Acclaim waives a dollar sign in their face they'll agree. Only guys I could not under any circumstance see in a WWE game are Randy Savage and Bruno Sammartino. No one else is under that bad terms with them.

Dynamite Kid, also.

Well, it's assumed Acclaim wouldn't be making it anyway, since WWE's big deal is with Yukes, and WWE knows personally how shitty Acclaim can be.

As for the PS3, it's rumored to first shown at next year's E3, with a possible Japan release later in the year, and maybe a US release shortly after in time for the holiday season. Don't quote me on that, though.

Guest The Decadent Slacker

Mankind is great, but i'd have liked Cactus more. However, 1) it's Foley & 2) it's not Hillbilly fucking Jim. The models look incredible. Looks like Mankind/OSTaker will happen at least 4 times. But i must create Giant Gonzalez to referee, just because.

Has anything been mentioned as far as how many attires each person will have, if any?

Guest KJ Brackish

I just got done scouring the internet for all the video's and would like to give the following screenshots to you. They're good and this anticipates me more about the game.

prematch.jpg

Eddie Guerrero Vs John Cena Pre-Match

prematch2.jpg

Another pre-match screencap

doubleteamrr.jpg

Double Teaming In The Royal Rumble Video

hydraulics.jpg

Eddie and Cena - Notice the Hydraulic car......... awesome eh?

jeremycaw.jpg

Jeremy Dunham - THQ producer made a CAW of himself

jerichoexit.jpg

Nice camera angle after Jericho won the royal rumble and this is his exit.

That's it for now. I have much more footage to bring to you, so keep checking back. I have a couple pictures of "The British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith before he was taken out of the game. Screens of him surfaced and so I have to change the pic format from BMP to JPG............ look for that later.

KJ

IGN has three videos of an Edge vs. Jericho match up. Nothing too groundbreaking or anything. I do like that they changed how it looks when you use the steel steps. When you pick them up, you can tell that the wrestlers actually struggle to hold the weight this time. Instead of the grapple attack from HCTP (shot to the gut, then you nail the opponent over the head as if the steps is a chair), the new grapple attack is much more like it is on TV when someone uses them. One of Jericho's specials is the standing enzuiguri he's been using lately.

Jericho vs. Edge Videos

Don't know if its been mentioned today, in the playstation 2 magazine I was reading today while using the local supermarket as a library, in the article on Smackdown vs Raw it had a bit where it said "stop the presses" as Smackdown vs Raw would be Online compatible. Take that for what its worth.

Guest Kageho

Fun. Online compatible. If that means:

~ We'll be able to download updatable rosters, neato.

~ We can have an interactive story mode with other competitors, it'll be an interesting scenario to see who can become World Champion first.

~ We can create our own federations (via Create-A-PPV and Create-A-Title), I definitely see few SD vs. RAW federations being created. Just for kicks of course.

Would be nice, but most likely just a head to head match up.

Guest Coffey

Mr. Perfect, "Ravashing" Rick Rude & "The Model" Rick Martel are the Legends that I'd want the most...with "The Hammer" Greg Valentine coming in at a close fourth. Too bad Legends of Wrestling: Showdown is such a horrible game, because I'm quite fond of their roster.

Why would they not bring back Ted DiBiase?

Guest KJ Brackish

This just in, from a shocking turn of events....... ONLINE PLAY IS OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED......... now ya'll can jizz in your pants~! Have fun. The following is a pic that reeks of awesomeness and the link to the original posting of the information.

online.jpg

ONLINE PLAY IS IN~!

kj

In keeping with its trend of keeping secrets this year, however, THQ has only confirmed a single online gameplay mode: Head-to-Head competition. What this means for veteran SmackDown players is that they'll be able to participate in exhibition matches with at least one other person over the Internet. Unfortunately, THQ representatives will not comment on just how many players can wrestle each other at one time. Nor will they reveal how many other (re: if?) online game modes there are, or whether or not there will be some kind of ranking system based on performance. It is also unknown whether or not it will support broadband users only, or if it will allow dial-up players to participate as well.

THQ will make the formal announcement to the rest of the gaming press later today at an official media event held in Los Angeles. There, company representatives will make the same proclamation we've made here with the possibility of elaborating further on what kind of features the new online inclusion will have. Regardless of how many modes the game ends up sporting, however, confirmation of online play alone should definitely be comforting news for doubtful wrestling fans.

Holy crap, online mode is in. But the thing is, does it come with my PS2? Can somebody give some information on what to do? Do I need to buy an adapter and mouthpeice? Thanks all.

You have to buy an adapter. It cost like $39.99 or $29.99 in some places. You could also buy headphones with a mic, if they allow speaking online. The adapter has a CD and everything that tells you what to do, just connect it to the back of your PS 2, it has a manual and everything.

Cool shit from CAW:

wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-20040824082441032.jpg

Height comparisons! Finally! :)

wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-20040824082417986.jpg

Awesome! The ability to take your CAW's pic for the selection screen! No more generic "blue men" or "pink women"!! :D

I like what I'm seeing so far, but two suggestions:

One, they need to work a bit more on the crowd. Fade the chants in/out. Chants don't just spontaneously get loud. They have to build, dammit.

Two, have ring announcers. I just saw Kane's entrance, and while it was amazing, it would have been perfect with the ring of the bell and "The following match is scheduled for one fall.." If they could do that for the entrances, I'd be amazed.

Their Eugene is a piece of shit though. It looks like Mick Foley and Eugene had a baby and shat on it. Seriously, a monkey with a brain injury could do better. I don't think Eugene ever had a stuffed animal either.

I'm pretty sure Eugene carried that stuffed bunny around for a week or so, around Backlash actually, where I think Rob Conway ripped the head off.

At least they have Eugene's entrance moves down, though, with all the waving and the airplane spin in the ring.

Cool shit from CAW:

Finally...as in last year. :P

They had the same thing in HCTP..with Rey Mysterio..and I think Brock Lesnar>?

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Their Eugene is a piece of shit though. It looks like Mick Foley and Eugene had a baby and shat on it. Seriously, a monkey with a brain injury could do better. I don't think Eugene ever had a stuffed animal either.

Dude, it's not THAT bad.

Guest Metallica

Yeah the fan chants are annoying. I watched that 30 minute Royal Rumble video though and the commentary is even more annoying.

It's so repetitive - At several points in the match, Tazz says the exact same line about 3 or 4 times in a row, stupid stuff like "His grandkids will feel that! ...His grandkids will feel that"

Seems like they don't actually call the action either. I wouldn't expect them to call every move but if you do a German suplex, it'd be nice if they called it instead of saying generic comments for every move.

During the match, Michael Cole starts saying how RVD is one of the greatest WWE superstars in the history of the company - even though RVD isn't one of the wrestlers in the ring. Odd.

Back to the crowd chants - midway through the match they start a "Boring" chant, strange since the action was the same as it had been at the start. Wonder how it's triggerd or if it just starts at random?

They have an annoying "USA" chant too which sparked up for no reason.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Yeah the fan chants are annoying. I watched that 30 minute Royal Rumble video though and I hope the commentary on that isn't the final version.

It's so repetitive - At several points in the match, Tazz says the exact same line about 3 or 4 times in a row, stupid stuff like "His grandkids will feel that! ...His grandkids will feel that"

Seems like they don't actually call the action either. I wouldn't expect them to call every move but if you do a German suplex, it'd be nice if they called it instead of saying generic comments for every move.

During the match, Michael Cole starts saying how RVD is one of the greatest WWE superstars in the history of the company - even though RVD isn't one of the wrestlers in the ring. Odd.

Back to the crowd chants - midway through the match they start a "Boring" chant, strange since the action was the same as it had been at the start. Wonder how it's triggerd or if it just starts at random?

They have an annoying "USA" chant too which sparked up for no reason.

Remember, the game still needs the kinks worked out.

Guest Black Lightning

IGN's added more videos. This time, it's a TLC match between Cena, Orton and HHH.

HHH fills up his dirt meter in the one on the right, and uses it in the bottom left hand one.

Cool shit from CAW:

Finally...as in last year. :P

They had the same thing in HCTP..with Rey Mysterio..and I think Brock Lesnar>?

Uh, I don't recall...

Anyone have an explanation for the music credits at the bottom of the new screens? My answer is narrowed to either the game's new in-ring soundtrack, or the ability to utilize the hard-drive for various purposes.

About the height comparisons in HCTP's CAW, they just had two shadow figures, one being as tall as say Big Show, and the other like Rey.

Looking at those screens: Either IGN's just terrible, or the CAW models look like shit compared to the "real" wrestlers again..

I'm guessing that it's just IGN was being quick about it and therefore it wasn't polished.

After all, this is still a demo and they are trying to get a preview out for everyone quickly.