TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Only The Strong Survive

WWE Raw V.S. Smackdown!

Apparently 3 other legends are Piper, Snuka and Brutus Beefcake. Speaking of Beefcake:

Putting Snuka and Piper seems a little foolish considering they were in the last games. Why not put in somebody like Dynamite Kid, or heck even someone like Honkey Tonk Man?

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Apparently 3 other legends are Piper, Snuka and Brutus Beefcake. Speaking of Beefcake:

Putting Snuka and Piper seems a little foolish considering they were in the last games. Why not put in somebody like Dynamite Kid, or heck even someone like Honkey Tonk Man?

Dynamite Kid in a WWE game is useless without his partner.

I don't agree, but even if that is true, why not include both Bulldogs? I know Davey Boy's in LOW 3, but does that mean Yukes can't put him in Raw vs. Smackdown?

edit: I checked, they've got Iron Sheik, Nikolai Volkoff, Jerry Lawler, The Road Warriors, Jimmy Snuka, Roddy Piper, Andre, and George Steele, so putting in Davey Boy shouldn't be a problem.

Chavo Guerrero

Chris Benoit

Chris Jericho

Wait, that's just the guy who carbon-copied him. Nevermind.

I'm not liking the sound of many of the upgrades of this game. Chop battles? Stat limits for CAWs? (Yeah, and I'm sure the top tier guys will have their stats limited. Right.)

I don't like the lame ass button mashing submission system added in HCTP, either. Or the totally useless Bra and Panties match.

Well, KOCII is coming out, so there could be one good game this year. Wait and see, I guess.

A stat limit for CAWs? I probably missed it, but where did you hear that?

If it's true, and if it's what I'm imagining, fuck this game. I wasn't happy with the (in my mind, worthless) upgrades before, but that's the nail in the coffin. Or at the very least, if you're gonna do that, make them available from the start so we won't have to waste our time making a CAW that will likely end up on the same level as fucking Mark Jindrak.

If it's true, and if it's what I'm imagining, fuck this game. I wasn't happy with the (in my mind, worthless) upgrades before, but that's the nail in the coffin. Or at the very least, if you're gonna do that, make them available from the start so we won't have to waste our time making a CAW that will likely end up on the same level as fucking Mark Jindrak.

IGN: Another goodie tied to the weight class system is the attribute cap for created wrestlers. If your wrestler is diva or cruiser weight, for instance, their limit for strength and durability may not be as high as a wrestler of the super heavyweight class. On that same token, however, the super heavyweight wrestler isn't going to be very fast and will have a limit on his speed and technique attributes. These slight adjustments to the creation process should help keep wrestlers of varying sizes and shapes a little more unique and should also help encourage players to try grapplers of different sizes for different results. As for the rest of the Create-A-Superstar details, though, we'll save that for another day.

edit: I checked, they've got Iron Sheik, Nikolai Volkoff, Jerry Lawler, The Road Warriors, Jimmy Snuka, Roddy Piper, Andre, and George Steele, so putting in Davey Boy shouldn't be a problem.

I read, somwhere - either on IGN or Gamespot - that they were considering it but there were legal problems or something. =\

wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-20040818062124358.jpg

I gotta admit, that's a pretty fuckin' cool looking character model!

How the hell is Beefcake considered a legend?

He was a fairly big part of mid-to-late-80's "gimmicky" WWF, and even a bit of the early 90's. He's a legend in their eyes. What? You were expecting Buddy Rogers and Lou Thesz?

Guest bigm350

He was a fairly big part of mid-to-late-80's "gimmicky" WWF, and even a bit of the early 90's. He's a legend in their eyes. What? You were expecting Buddy Rogers and Lou Thesz?

Sure, why not? They're both TRUE legends of the sport. The only legendary thing Beefcake has ever done was become real life friends with Hogan, who, in turn, got him jobs when Beefcake had zero ability and talent.

Sure, why not? They're both TRUE legends of the sport. The only legendary thing Beefcake has ever done was become real life friends with Hogan, who, in turn, got him jobs when Beefcake had zero ability and talent.

You're missing the point, though. Rogers & Thesz may be the true legends - but how many casual fans do you think have even ever heard of them? Beefcake harkens back to the 80's WWF boom and is associated more with "sports entertainment" than Thesz or Rogers are..

Guest bigm350

You're missing the point, though. Rogers & Thesz may be the true legends - but how many casual fans do you think have even ever heard of them? Beefcake harkens back to the 80's WWF boom and is associated more with "sports entertainment" than Thesz or Rogers are..

Yeah, I know what you mean. Well, I guess it doesn't matter; when I get this game I'll never use Beefcake anyway. ;)

Yeah, I know what you mean. Well, I guess it doesn't matter; when I get this game I'll never use Beefcake anyway. ;)

I hope you don't think I'm defending his inclusion, because I'm definitely not. I'd rather see some old-school NWA/WCW guys make it in there.

Beefcake's becoming my official job-boy, that's for sure. :lol:

IGN: Another goodie tied to the weight class system is the attribute cap for created wrestlers. If your wrestler is diva or cruiser weight, for instance, their limit for strength and durability may not be as high as a wrestler of the super heavyweight class. On that same token, however, the super heavyweight wrestler isn't going to be very fast and will have a limit on his speed and technique attributes. These slight adjustments to the creation process should help keep wrestlers of varying sizes and shapes a little more unique and should also help encourage players to try grapplers of different sizes for different results. As for the rest of the Create-A-Superstar details, though, we'll save that for another day.

Oh, yeah. I did read that, but didn't think much of it or just plain forgot.

It isn't as bad as I thought it would be, and it does make sense. However, these are the same guys who made Legend Taker nearly perfect in every category last time out, and chances are they'll once again eschew these limits when it comes to their own guys.

The Legend models look about 100x better this year (specifically Piper and Snuka). I see DoR doesn't give them proper music, but the fact that the Legends in this game seem to have proper entrances this time bodes well for that.. at the very least, generic music that sounds like their theme (I'm wondering if Jimmy Hart owns the rights to some of the older music, causing money issues THQ doesn't feel like spending on).

Guest The Decadent Slacker

Well this is different. Ed fucking Leslie...jesus. He BETTER have some alternate attires, just for the WM9 Beefcase mask. That'd be worth marking out for.

Piper & Snuka look GREAT, as do Hart & Taker. Is There something preventing a WWEized LoW? Just so they can put all of them on one game, therefore giving the opportunity for the full modern roster on one game & the "legends" on another? I'm psyched for this game though. The chop battles worry me though.

I would love a WWE-licensed "Legends" game. Say what you will about Yukes, provided they develop it, but at least it would be better than Acclaim's efforts.

I don't think there would be a problem with it NOW, since Acclaim is basically hanging by a thread and, I believe, Showdown was the last of the series for the time being. The problem lies with which wrestlers would agree to it, since a lot of them have heat with Vince/WWE, and the game would be put out under that name.

Guest Askewniverse

The Rock, Mankind, and The Road Warriors seem to be the four remaining legends.

wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-20040819044425178.jpg

wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-20040819044426053.jpg

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

I don't agree, but even if that is true, why not include both Bulldogs? I know Davey Boy's in LOW 3, but does that mean Yukes can't put him in Raw vs. Smackdown?

Lawler's in? Sweet. He was a great heel back in the day.

I wonder if Beefcake's winning move will have him cut his opponent's hair, assuming the opponent has any. That would bring out the mark in me, for sure. I also like how they didn't just upgrade the Rock's model from HCTP.

Shit, there go my DiBiase dreams. :( I would've loved to have taken DiBiase & Andre to a tag team title run. :)

I hope, at least, that Foley & Rock have some alternate attires to use.

Scary is the word for these models, they're so dead-on.

I am getting more and more into getting this game... I might just pre-order it, to be sure I have a copy on or shortly after the release date.

I'm glad that Foley & Rock are in, but I would rather have the current Rock instead of 1998-1999. I'd gladly take DiBiase and Mr. Perfect over basically all the legends any day, though.