TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Angle-plex

What kind of shape are you in?

Guest T®ITEC

DDR really does work wonders. That's my method of choice, anyway... Get yourself one of the RedOctane dance pads, as they'll last a lot longer.

Er, yeah. I'm a DDR freak...

Guest bigm350

5'8" 215 lbs. A little bit of a gut but a lot of muscle too. I can bench press 350 lbs. raw.

Guest tSlater
That settles it. I'm getting DDR and a dance pad this christmas or whenever the hell I have money, whichever comes first. There's a friend of mine (coincidentally, with the surname Slater =P) that's obsessed with DDR to a disturbing level, although he doesn't really benefit from the exercise in the way of weight loss, 'cos he's a fucking twig.

I actually gain weight from it.

1) As he said, I'm a fucking twig. All my weight gain from it has been due to gain in muscles mass in my legs. On some of the harder songs on the hardest modes, like say Max 300 (300 BPM with an eigth note run) that's like 10 steps per second. There's no way you can't gain muscle from that (either that or severly injure it from lack of practise...)

2) for those who aren't twigs like me, it's definately a great workout. A lot better than running, IMHO. I remember getting one of those Adult Happy Meals from McDonald's just for the heck of it, and this little booklet in it said that a city block was about 200 steps. On the moderate modes, just one DDR song is about 200 steps.

Plus, it's a game at the same time and is open to competition on many levels, whether you want to go for a high score or if you wanna freestyle and breakdance while hitting the right arrows.

Guest T®ITEC

I still can't understand how anyone can actually do Max 300, but uh, anyway.

Any and all of the Paranoia songs will exhaust you quite quickly. They're good stuff.

I'm about 5'6" and 192 pounds.

Used to train actively in martial arts (Tae Kwon Do, Karate, Muay Thai, Pencak Silat) but hurt my back in '99. Whenever I tried to even do some light workout...the pain always return. Only recently, I'm medically cleared for any vigorous activity. Heh, I'm not sure whether I can be 100% again...maybe I just need to be mentally strong.

I bet Sass would squash me in 00:07. Which would be a negative DUD, for sure. :D

5'11, 139. :(

I have NO muscle at all in my arms..it's just bones.

I'm planning on starting a weightlifting schedule, though.

6'2" and 205 lbs.

In the year-and-a-half since I left Chicago for West BAH GAWD~! Virginia, I've dropped nearly 50lbs. The beer-belly is almost gone, which makes me both happy and sad at the same time.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
I'd say I was the skinniest member on here. Even skinnier than Banky.

I'm 6 foot 1 and 145 soaking wet.

Thats scary. Go eat some steaks and a protein bar.

I am proud of being skinny, I don't care. Although ym girlfriend said the sex would be better if I got a bit stronger. HA!

I'm about 30 lbs overweight right now :( and once I move in mid August, will be looking to get back to dieting down and working out again, possibly getting back into playing basketball daily. When I go back to hoops daily, I tend to drop 15-20 lbs in about a month, no sweat.

Oh yeah, I'm 5'11, 230 lbs right now. I feel my best around 195-205lbs and within 12-15% body fat. Right now I'm rockin about 20% bodyfat. Definitely need to cut down the fried foods dramatically as well as add more fruits and veggies to my meals. I know what I need to do to get where I should be, now it's just a matter of having the desire to do it.

Your woman called you limp-wristed.

I do have tendonitis in both wrists, that may have something to do with that. I'm serious. I can't even do it in the missionary position because I can't hold my weight up for longer than 30 seconds...and I don't want to squish her by continously collapsing on her prone body.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I thought you said you were skinny? Your house of cards is collapsing, Banky.

I thought you said you were skinny? Your house of cards is collapsing, Banky.

I am, my girlie arms can't support my sickly frame...I'm that weak...and injured.

It's alright Banky.

No its not. She's tired of my weakness. She probably already has another lover on the side. Or she may just decide to kick my ass one of these days for being so worthless and useless.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Lets see the woman. I'm going to kick your ass and she'll fuck me because I'm bigger and stronger. That's if she's worth the drive, anyway.

Lets see the woman. I'm going to kick your ass and she'll fuck me because I'm bigger and stronger. That's if she's worth the drive, anyway.

I've shown her your picture, I think she'd be more inclined to fuck Ric Ocasek than you. But he has an ridiculous looking wife, so maybe she may have a thing for him too...

I'm 6', 188 lbs.

I've actually lost around 45 lbs. in the last five months, which puts me in the best shape I've been in, sadly, at least 10 years or so. I'm not quite down to my target weight of 180, but hopefully in the fall I can establish a decent exercise routine and shed the remaining few, and tone myself up.