TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BHK

The OAO Raw thread for 07.12.04

LOOK OUT, EUGENE

July 12, 2004

Judging by the look on Triple H's face after losing his match against Chris Benoit at Vengeance, Monday night may not be a good one for honorary Evolution member Eugene. Just prior to the Game's loss, he was inadvertently hit with a steel chair by Eugene. Undoubtedly, Triple H will be looking for somebody to blame for the loss, chances are that person will be Eugene.

Also at Vengeance, Matt Hardy pulled off the biggest single's pay-per-view victory of his career, pinning the mighty Kane. After the match, Hardy told Lita that he had to figure some things out and that she should stay far away from him while he does this. Will Lita listen to Matt? Or will she once again attempt to reconcile with her man? Find out on Monday Night RAW.

Edge regained Intercontinental glory on Sunday night, pinning Randy Orton to capture the title. Where does the new Intercontinental Champion go from here? Will there be a rematch?

Watch Monday Night RAW at 9/8 CT on Spike TV to find out.

Not really sure on the direction of the show tonight. It looks like we're getting Benoit/HHH for SS, so I'm assuming some sort of interaction will be done there. Maybe a HHH/Eugene vs. Benoit/Edge Main Event? And anyone else think Michaels shows up tonight to start to build to the match with Kane at SS?

Guest Fook

If they're building to Rhyno/Tajiri vs La Resistance at SS, I could see them having a match tonight that ends in screwjob fashion or a DQ to build to a rematch at the PPV.

Guest Loss

So again, the hype for RAW is not about Benoit, but about HHH. THIS is the problem, for those who don't understand why some of us are still not optimistic.

So again, the hype for RAW is not about Benoit, but about HHH. THIS is the problem, for those who don't understand why some of us are still not optimistic.

EXACTLY! Thank You.....You'd think Triple H is the face that is on the quest to get the title belt back.

It's only a website preview.

Guest Loss

Then, if it's "only" a website preview, centering it around Benoit shouldn't be so hard, should it?

Guest Seven Sins

who cares if the website preview is centered around beniot or not? we all know that H3 is the star of Raw and not Beniot.

Benoit doesn't so much as get a mention in the preview--Eugene does, HHH of course, even fucking Lita gets a mention, but not the guy who was champ going into last night's PPV. Big shock.

It's only a website preview.

Well, Loss has a point. booking 101 says face challenger chases heel champion, not the other way around. When the challanger for the belt is a heel, the focus should be on the face, I'd think.

I personally don't have HHHate, per se. My problem is that they push Hunter's storylines and build the show around him like he still needs to get over. The man is a well established heel and has been for a while now, he should be putting other people over, not wanting the title back on himself again.

The only exception to this rule that ever seemed to work well for WWE was Hogan. Pinning Hogan clean was like pinning God. I mean, the man had what? 3, 4 clean losses in his career? that I can recall off the top of my head anyway.

Also, off topic, but does anyone know what they're going to do about title histories and such when the split ends?(it will eventually) I mean, will hunter actually go down as an 8(or more) time champ once they go back to the 'real' WWE title?

"Also, off topic, but does anyone know what they're going to do about title histories and such when the split ends?(it will eventually) I mean, will hinter actually go down as an 8(or more) time champ once they go back to the 'real' WWE title?"

Since they took down WWETitleHistories.com, they'll just let the commentators arbitrarily make up the numbers as they go along. =P

Seriously though, naturally they'll count HHH's "World" title wins. They've always counted Ric Flair's various wins regardless of promotion.

Well, since Vengeance 2001 was a unification match, I'd think not. But then they just went and split it again once Brock became exclusive to Smackdown! So even considering that, I'd say no.

But it was still two titles. When Brock went exclusive to SD!, the deal was broken and the Unified belt became 2 again. Does that mean that the WCW title's histroy is just non-existant from Vengance 2001 to H getting it in 2002?

Which match from Vengeance 2004 was your favorite?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Benoit vs. Triple H 6.96 % 

Edge vs. Orton 36.12 % 

Tag Title Match 22.79 % 

Molly vs. Victoria 7.11 % 

Jericho vs. Batista 1.10 % 

Kane vs. Hardy 23.88 % 

Coach & Cade vs. Tajiri & Rhyno 2.00 % 

Total Votes: 202586

Don't ever say WWE polls are rigged. They would never let Triple H look this bad.

Meltzer said on the LAW last night that an idea for SummerSlam is being kicked around for HHH vs. Benoit vs. Eugene.

Triple H = 8 World Title Wins (Mankind, 6-Pack, Big Show, Rock, Jericho, Awarded via Bischoff, Michaels, Goldberg)

Lesnar = 3 World Title Wins (Rock, Angle, Angle)

Rock = 9 World Title Wins (Mankind, Mankind, Mankind, Triple H, Six-Man Tag, Angle, Booker T, Jericho, Undertaker)

Undertaker = 4 World Title Wins (Hogan, Sycho Sid, Austin, Hogan)

Jericho = 3 World Title Wins (Rock, Rock, Austin)

The "Undisputed Title" is ONE TITLE BELT made up of two championships (The WWE Title and The World Championship).

A reign of "Undisputed Champion" is a World Title reign, that is undisputed. Not two title reigns at once.

Guest Fook
Meltzer said on the LAW last night that an idea for SummerSlam is being kicked around for HHH vs. Benoit vs. Eugene.

*shudders*

I know they want to capitalize on Eugene's popularity, but he has no place competing for the world title. If anything, he should do something on the undercard like fight Flair (have Flair be upset that Eugene keeps stealing his mannerisms and that HHH seems to favour Eugene over him).

So, considering the belt that Benoit is wearing has the same history as the WCW title (does it?), then how does that history plan out?

Rock-Jericho-HHH-Hogan-Taker-Rock-Brock-vacant when Undisputed title becomes disputed-HHH

Or is it:

Rock-Jericho-Vacant for no reason-HHH

OR, is it just completely different title histories?

The WWE title currently held on Smackdown is the former Undisputed Title, holding the title histories of the WWE and WCW World Championships (The WCW history ending when it was unified). It's no longer undisputed, but it's still the WWF's Heavyweight title and WCW's World Championship combined (or whatever the titles were called). The title Benoit currently holds was created by Bishoff. It's title history begins when it's awarded to Trips. When the two brands unsplit, they'll just have to reunite them in a Unification match to get the (once again) Undisputed World Champion. It's not that hard to follow, at least not for me.

Huh. I always though that Bischoff giving Trips the belt was him taking back HIS half of the undisputed title after SD broke the agreement. Which would be him taking the WCW title, and SD keeping the WWE title.

Guest Salacious Crumb
Judging by the look on Triple H's face after losing his match against Chris Benoit at Vengeance, Monday night may not be a good one for honorary Evolution member Eugene. Just prior to the Game's loss, he was inadvertently hit with a steel chair by Eugene. Undoubtedly, Triple H will be looking for somebody to blame for the loss, chances are that person will be Eugene.

See this is the exact point I was making last night. Benoit is a complete afterthought in this whole situation. I'm surprised they even mentioned that he won the match.

I guess they expect us to believe that Benoit won't rush to Eugene's aid. :angry:

They should include that in the preview somehow.

Huh. I always though that Bischoff giving Trips the belt was him taking back HIS half of the undisputed title after SD broke the agreement. Which would be him taking the WCW title, and SD keeping the WWE title.

Bischoff (theoretically) wouldn't have a half of the Undisputed Title. Bischoff works for the WWE as GM of Raw. Therefore, he can create new titles or bring back old ones retired. I think this also explains why the US title is the WWE United States Title and not WCW United States title. Anyways, the WWE, ECW, and WCW titles and names are owned by Vince (pretty sure about ECW). So, Vince can bring back any title created by WCW, WWE, or ECW. Bischoff and Angle are limited to either creating completely new titles under the WWE name or bringing back ones retired by WWE.

So, you could call Smackdown's title the WWE and WCW World Championship. Raw's title is simply the WWE World Heavyweight title.

Though I could be completely worng. This is just speculation on my part.

Guest GreatOne

See this is the exact point I was making last night. Benoit is a complete afterthought in this whole situation. I'm surprised they even mentioned that he won the match.

You're right, it's not as if Benoit's featured elsewhere on the page as world champ or anything.....................