TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EdwardKnoxII

X-Force #1 comic online (new series)

Guest SpiderFan

Good lord. Page 2, Panel 1, could Cable's cheeks get any more sunken in? He looks like he just ate the most sour candy in the world.

Liefield's billing should be Rob Liefield: Everything but....Talent.

Let's see what has changed about Rob's art from when X-Force first came out and compare his art to now.

What has changed

1. Rob's colorist

2. Cable's gone to the Hair Club For Men and now has a full set of hair.

3. Cable's lost about 200lbs aka those big ass shoulder pads he use to wear. And that's pretty the only things that have changed about Rob's art since the early 90's.

Another thing that sucks is that they give Shatterstar the front ponytails back. He looks like a complete tool. :angry:

ahhh it burns!!

Liefeld's unbridled enthusiasm = good

Liefeld's unbridled "artwork" = bad

whatever happened to his copycat crew the dude from Brigade and Prophet (not Platt the original guy) i hope people dont actually make this thing a success and drag those ham and eggers out of the "where are they now" file

whatever happened to his copycat crew the dude from Brigade and Prophet (not Platt the original guy) i hope people dont actually make this thing a success and drag those ham and eggers out of the "where are they now" file

They actually evolved, believe it or not...

Guest PlatinumBoy

I'm a Marvel fan, but some questions...........

Why are they going back to military Cable? I like the Psi-powerhouse Cable better myself. Also, why is Domino back with Cable, wasn't she in Asia with the X-Corp people? Whatever happened to Shatterstar falling out of that plane and maybe being gay? Also--isn't this a VERY contrived way for ShatterStar to get into the story. Also, has this monster or this weapon or these monks ever been seen before?!?!?

Guest JoeyStyles

Liefeld should've invested all that money he made from those "button your fly jeans" commercials on art lessons.

Liefeld should've invested all that money he made from those "button your fly jeans" commercials on art lessons.

Spike Lee: And YOU created X-Force!

Rob L: Actually, I just took a bunch of characters left over from New Mutants, added some rip-offs, and gave them all the gayest costumes imaginable.

Guest The Last Free Voice

Okay, newbie to the whole fanboy gig, but why is Liefield coming back such a big deal. I read in wizard that him coming back is like pete rose coming back to baseball. Or something. Info plz?

Okay, newbie to the whole fanboy gig, but why is Liefield coming back such a big deal. I read in wizard that him coming back is like pete rose coming back to baseball. Or something. Info plz?

It's more like Rickey Henderson actually. He keeps coming back, but you just wish that he'd go away.

http://www.comixfan.com/xfan/forums/showthread.php?t=30984

NEWSFLASH! Rob Liefeld recently talked about X-Force numbers and Youngblood shortshipping over in his Millarworld thread. Liefeld said Marvel's sales numbers for X-Force #1-3 are 74,057; 57,612; and 51,137 respectively, which doesn't include re-orders. Liefeld has been very excited about the sales, which he points out are outselling many heavily promoted, advertised and hyped comics. X-Force was launched without much promotion from Marvel, and is entirely direct market.

Liefeld also said that Youngblood: Genesis #2 shipped through Diamon and was short since orders exceeded early estimates. "As it is, we'll be shipping 5,000 less than orders. Snatch it up quick if you can as we are forced to allocate and we won't be doing a 2nd printing." Liefeld also wrote to "Look for a special collected edition in February with loads of special features including Kurt's original plots and sketches, deleted pages, etc..."

and

"I've been told that Marvel wants more X-Force comics from me and of course, at this point I'd be happy to provide them. No final word as yet."

and

"I'm not terribly concerned with X-Force, it does just fine. If and when there's a re-launch it would be nice to be given more of an "event" status like Wolverine, Avengers, Ultimate titles, Spider-Man, etc.

I've been told that if we come back, it will indeed be with more bells and whistles, the attention that translates into 15-30,000 more copies.

I'm fairly confident that there will be more X-Force in our future. Nothing official yet.

I believe we'll match the first issue's numbers on the basis of our momentum alone."

Jesus. Page 10, bottom right. Way to draw a person, Rob. Her shoulder muscles and hands are as big as her head. Her breasts are twice as big.

And what's up with Cable's face? As noted before he has the most sunken cheeks in the history of everything, and he also has a huge web of wrinkles coming off of his NOSE. He looks about 10x more leathery than Clint Eastwood.

Man I never liked Liefelds artwork back in the day and I hate it even more now, the guy is just trying to damm hard.