TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

This Week in Baseball

Man, the Astros continue to slide, Dodgers come back late and lead 5-4. David Weathers gives it up. I can't believe a team with the talent the Astros have is underachieving so much

I don't care if he's only won one World Series, if the Braves win the East this year you might as well put Bobby Cox's plaque in the Hall of Fame up right now.

If Cox retired today, I'd put him in the Hall. There's never been a sustained run in baseball history the likes of which the Atlanta Braves have put together. Its not easy to maintain control of a team for a long period of time, but Cox has done it.

Phillies pull out the win, 4-3 in 10 innings. Quite a nailbiter as the Braves loaded the bases with one out, but Wagner got the save.

Guest Anglesault

Is Cliff Floyd just having an exceptionally long at bat, or did the Yahoo sports site not reload that one game?

Due to Piazza's injury, WFAN reports the Mets will call up David Wright tomorrow to play 3B (Wiggy will play 1B instead of Phillips or someone like Zeile). This'll be quite interesting

EDIT: damn you strummer!

Guest Anglesault
Due to Piazza's injury, WFAN reports the Mets will call up David Wright tomorrow

Well, that's certainly exciting. I kind of want to see this Wright guy play as well.

However, I don't know if I would have moved Ty Cobb from his (semi) normal position without holding a press conference. This is at least at the level of Cal moving to third.

However, I don't know if I would have moved Ty Cobb from his (semi) normal position without holding a press conference. This is at least at the level of Cal moving to third.

:lol:

Guest Anglesault
remember AS, not TY COBB or Pete Rose, it's Ed Sprague!! Damnit, Baseball reference says he is most similar to ED Sprague!

I'm getting Randy Jackson.

But surely both are misprints.

Because Mets fans don't have to tell me 57 times, (Yet they will) Ty Wigginton is a fat Wade Boggs.

The Oracle of Baseball on baseball-reference.com can cause you to waste most of your life. Thus we connect Ty Wigginton to Ty Cobb.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/oracle/l...nton&n2=ty+cobb

Ty Wigginton played with Tony Tarasco for the 2002 New York Mets

Tony Tarasco played with Eddie Murray for the 1996 Baltimore Orioles

Eddie Murray played with Brooks Robinson for the 1977 Baltimore Orioles

Brooks Robinson played with Dizzy Trout for the 1957 Baltimore Orioles

Dizzy Trout played with Charlie Gehringer for the 1939 Detroit Tigers

Charlie Gehringer played with Ty Cobb for the 1924 Detroit Tigers

Grant Balfour with 3 shutout innings. Besides the Royal game, he's really starting to pitch up to his potential. The Twins bullpen with Nathan, Rincon, Romero, and Balfour is starting to reach it's show real potential.

Beltre's finally having a good year (in a contract year, no less), but to me, the NL MVP is a two-man race between Rolen and Bonds. And right now, I'd give it to Rolen.

Bret Boone's got an option for next year for $9 million, that kicks in if he reaches 450 PA. He's got 359 now. It'll be interesting to see if the Mariners bench him at some point.

How about the Royals/Expos doubleheader a month or so back? The past two consecutive years the worst team in the AL and NL have clashed in interleague play. Last year the Padres and Tigers played in a series that evoked no memories of the 84 World Series. There's a conspiracy I'm telling you by Bud Selig to give us even more crappy baseball. Dammit I want Cubs/Red Sox interleague matchups not Royals/Expos!

Guest FrigidSoul

From what BBTN indicated last night it appears Boone could be headed to LA if LA can supply the prospects Seattle wants. Since Shawn Green has started to hit, I guess their focus has moved from 1B over to a middle infielder.

Does anyone know of any way to contact ESPN, (Email or Phone) as they are blacking out the Cubs/Reds game in Cincy, even though the game is in Chicago and is not on a Cincy station. They have done this twice already. The blackout rules only stop them from showing a game if it is on a local station. Basically they are just saying they will never show a reds game in Cincy on ESPN.

It is something that is bugging the fuck out of me.

Guest FrigidSoul

Mets called up David Wright and are moving Wiggington over to 1B while Piazza's wrist gets re-evaluated.

Looking for confirmation on this story but I read on another board that WFAN has reported that the Pirates have traded Jason Kendall and Kris Benson to the Mets for Ty Wigginton, Jason Phillips, and a prospect.

Looking for confirmation on this story but I read on another board that WFAN has reported that the Pirates have traded Jason Kendall and Kris Benson to the Mets for Ty Wigginton, Jason Phillips, and a prospect.

WFAN didn't report this in their latest news update, which was about 5 minutes ago