TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Redhawk

More inconsistencies with Kane

Guest Redhawk

I haven't been watching WWE much lately, but I did see the 8-2-04 RAW, and I realized something else about Kane that doesn't make any sense. Of course, Kane is famous for his character's inconsistensies. Among them:

1) Kane was supposed to be burnt up, but we learned that it was only psychological and he was never really burned.

2) He used to be unable to talk...then he could talk with that throat device...then all of a sudden he can talk perfectly fine.

3) He was supposed to have been locked in a basement for 20 years, but then we learn he was driving cars and having girlfriends....even though Tori was supposedly the "first woman in his life."

And there are more. But through all of these years, one thing about Kane was steady. Kane was always a dumbass. Sometimes he was a evil dumbass, sometimes a sweet dumbass, but a dumbass nontheless. Then I watch RAW last night and Kane's spouting off clever comebacks to Lita and using logic and stuff. What's up with that? Did Kane all of a sudden get smart? Someone explain that one to me.

Guest croweater

Kane's inteligence was hindered by his lack of confidence due to his psycological problems. Now that he knows he isn't burnt he.......

Nah, I got nothin.

Guest whitemilesdavis
This Kane isn't the same Kane as the one with the mask?

Now there's a swerve I would love. In an ironic twist, Kevin Nash is revealed to be the fake Kane.

The Rock said the most hilarious thing to Kane a few years ago.

Kane and Rock were in the corporation and they were all in the ring.

Rock- "And look what we have here, a big idiot, 7ft of dumb. You put his brain in a Parikey, and ZING, flies backwards,"

The writers evolve the Kane character as they see fit, because we're just dumb wrestling fans and continuity and backstory doesn't really matter. Stop trying to pretend otherwise. ;)

1) Kane was supposed to be burnt up, but we learned that it was only psychological and he was never really burned.

2) He used to be unable to talk...then he could talk with that throat device...then all of a sudden he can talk perfectly fine.

3) He was supposed to have been locked in a basement for 20 years, but then we learn he was driving cars and having girlfriends....even though Tori was supposedly the "first woman in his life."

1) I don't really think they explained this to be honest as he just burnt up Jim Ross when questioned :lol: . They started the cracks at a SummerSlam in 2000 I think. They didn't care and they knew full well the inconsistency because before the ppv match they did a whole article on Taker/Kane's history on a website. You are right. The "dumb" Kane can get away with the psychological crap, but now he is some clever prankster. It doesn't fit.

2) This is another glaring mistake.

3)I just think Vince wanted to use the real life saga of Jimmy Snuka's driving problem somehow and since Kane is a dolt he got dumped with the storyline without them even thinking about past history.

--------

All in all. Kane is a monster against the likes of Maven and Sandman. A goof and clutz against the likes of Triple H. Used to get smaller wrestlers like Benoit, Matt Hardy and HBK over with the David and Goliath story. Is made the BUTT of sexual jokes and relationship disasters. Vince uses him to dump all the stupid ideas he has because he doesn't want to sink his other wrestlers with the crap. His only time to shine is against his "brother" who he has lost a billion times to.

BTW, he has a long lost cousin over at Smackdown called Big Show :P

In reverse order

3) My best guess on this was that this was all outside of wrestling storylines and it was Glen Jacobs that had girlfriends and cars. With that out of the way, he went back to being storyline Kane.

2) X-pac told him he didn't need it anymore. Apparently that restores your voice.

1) I believe the official explanation on that one was: "Sit down and shut up. Fucking internet geeks." but I may be misquoting here.

1. The fact that it was revealed to be nothing more than psychological scarring is actually a testament to the WWE writers, in my eyes. How often do we get something like psychology in wrestling angles? Just because a lot of people don't get it, doesn't mean it doesn't make sense. It just means a lot of people don't understand that psychological scarring runs deeper than physical scarring.

2. There was an angle about how he didn't need it anymore because he got the device implanted into his throat, but as answered in number one, it was all psychological. A cop-out, yes, but still sensical.

3. Yes, this part does not make sense at all. Big goof on the writers.

Corey_Lazarus when Kane was unmasked they had some kind of make-up and soot around Kane's eye along with some of his hair all frizzled. What was that about then if it was all psychological? Where did his hair go the following week? :huh: How did he have those psychological scars unless someone put it there?

Nah, I get what you're saying, but the wwe still copped out. Let's not even get into Kane not even acknowledging his father died on live television right after a smackdown rebound segment that segued into an interview :P Kane is just the bastard of the wwe next to Big Show. So who had the worst championship storyline?

"You're a murderer Kane" or "Yo, Mama said ya a bastard" :lol:

Guest Anglesault
2. There was an angle about how he didn't need it anymore because he got the device implanted into his throat

Yep, I missed that skit.

Guest EugeneMark

2. There was an angle about how he didn't need it anymore because he got the device implanted into his throat

Yep, I missed that skit.

I don't remember that Skit ever happening.

I had a neck brace on for years, but X-Pac told me to take it off, so I did, and I was cured! It was amazing!

So Undertaker set the fire that was supposed to kill Kane, correct? And Kane made it out unscathed?

Way to blow the spot, Mark.

Guest Fook
I had a neck brace on for years, but X-Pac told me to take it off, so I did, and I was cured!  It was amazing!

When did X-Pac become Jesus again?

Well he's already copying HHH in the women he dates, so he might as well go all the way and become a deity as well.

Guest Quik

I remember one time X-Pac told himself he was over and could work a **** match.

I don't think that worked out for him.

Yep, I missed that skit.

I'm not totally sure they ever mentioned it on TV, but WWF magazine was throwing the surgery idea around in the summer of 99. He was off TV for a bit in the spring/summer of 2000, and was talking without the voice box after that, so I assume that's when the surgery would've taken place.

And while we're on inconsistencies, how come Kane can't shoot lightning anymore?

Guest Anglesault
Annie Sullivan? Bullshit P.C. revisionist history. It was X-Pac.

Huh? Who's Annie Sullivan

Taught Helen Keller language.