TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Trivia247

My Take....

Guest Trivia247

Ok first off, of course Hogan would want to come back to the WWE. he'd Sell Brooke to the Hell of the WWE Diva search 2 next year in order to do it. and have tag match between him and Brooke vs Vince & Steph.

The problem is however that his marketability has decreased since his last appearance.

Now granted he will ALWAYS get pops from the WWE crowd. at least at the point of his entrance. But thats about it, unless its a compelling matchup, like him taking on the Main eventers in his first stint, Rock, Angle, HHH, Undertaker etc. though he tried his damnest last time round to shed his back stage politicking he was unable to resist the temptation which helped in his sashsay right out of the WWE. (Its kinda an Irony that Hogan leaves the WWE on somewhat friendly terms, but Roddy goes out with a bang and is still in Smackdown 5)

Hogan tried his options back in Japan and even flirted with the idea of TNA which they heavily promoted, but nothing truly came of it. Other than another head to mount of Jeff Jarrett's wall since he is the Son of the boss.

Hogan should have had a lifetime contract deal with the WWE where once he stopped being a wrestler perminantly he would do a backstage position like so many done. Travel the country and world promoting WWE events . Or get him working on the 24/7 option. But I guess thats too humbling to do work the likes of Gorilla Monsoon or a Tony Garea, Steve Lombardi, Sgt Slaughter, etc etc etc does.

It would be a bad idea to bring Hogan back, even if there was some unforseen benefits to it. He has to be ready "To go" each week. If given only a TV deal/PPV deal and no House shows.

but this is all just my opinion I could be wrong.

Hogan should have had a lifetime contract deal with the WWE where once he stopped being a wrestler perminantly he would do a backstage position like so many done. Travel the country and world promoting WWE events . Or get him working on the 24/7 option.

Why does he even need to do that? Why can't he just retire and piss off. It's not like he needs the money [unless he has a very well hidden gambling problem or something].

Guest Loss

Hogan doesn't need to come back, and WWE doesn't want him back. They could probably milk a few more bucks out of him, but it's wasted time in the long run, and it would likely fade out after one PPV, just like it always has with him over the past few years.

As for Hogan changing his colors, remember that he quit the company twice because he didn't like that he wasn't being used as a top guy and a serious World title contender.

Hogan Family reality tv show on WWE 24/7? Is the only option that I think could work. I never want to see Hulk Hogan wrestling another PPV again.

I think Vince and Hogan have bigger problems such as keeping the Hulk Hogan name. Hogan will be back. I can bet on it, but for something like the Hall of Fame some time or other. The ridiculous raiding wwf with the help of Ted Turner is funny. He thinks it's still 1994 perhaps.

I think Vince and Hogan have bigger problems such as keeping the Hulk Hogan name. Hogan will be back. I can bet on it, but for something like the Hall of Fame some time or other. The ridiculous raiding wwf with the help of Ted Turner is funny. He thinks it's still 1994 perhaps.

I thought he was already inducted into their Hall of Fame when he lost to the Warrior and became "The Immortal" Hulk Hogan. I distinctly remember WWF magazine articles about this... either that or I'm crazy.

I need to see Hogan wrestle before he retires for good. Fuck the haters, it's something I've wanted to see since I was four, and I still want to see it just as much.

I thought he was already inducted into their Hall of Fame when he lost to the Warrior and became "The Immortal" Hulk Hogan. I distinctly remember WWF magazine articles about this... either that or I'm crazy.

You're crazy.

http://hof.wwe.com/

The people in the WWF/E Hall of Fame.

You're crazy.

http://hof.wwe.com/

The people in the WWF/E Hall of Fame.

Perhaps the article was talking about how he should be in the HOF, then. I distinctly remember reading about it though, right after WM6. =\ I'd check, but all my mags are in boxes/storage.

Say what you want, but I'd rather put up with some more of Hulkamania Vs. McMahonamania from last year than deal with the shit currently happening with Smackdown.

Edit: I'm still pissed we never got to see Austin / Hogan, WWE blew away the biggest money making match of all time IMO.

I'm still pissed we never got to see Austin / Hogan, WWE blew away the biggest money making match of all time IMO.

Oh, totally.

They could've gotten in the ring, walked in circles for 5 minutes, then took three bumps (combined) and finished the match, and the people would STILL have been fucking rabid.

I can't understand how that match didn't get booked. It would've been an excellent "special attraction" match at WMXX. The two biggest legends ever, in MSG, at WMXX? Hells yes.

Say what you want, but I'd rather put up with some more of Hulkamania Vs. McMahonamania from last year than deal with the shit currently happening with Smackdown.

Puh-leaze. Gimme JBL as champ over Hogan/Vince any day of the week.

I'm still pissed we never got to see Austin / Hogan, WWE blew away the biggest money making match of all time IMO.

Oh, totally.

They could've gotten in the ring, walked in circles for 5 minutes, then took three bumps (combined) and finished the match, and the people would STILL have been fucking rabid.

I can't understand how that match didn't get booked. It would've been an excellent "special attraction" match at WMXX. The two biggest legends ever, in MSG, at WMXX? Hells yes.

who would you book as the heel though? I think that paradox is what stopped the match.

They wouldn't have to. Hogan / Warrior and Hart / Michaels worked just fine without any heel turns.

It would've been an excellent "special attraction" match at WMXX. The two biggest legends ever, in MSG, at WMXX? Hells yes.

Just put it in line with all the other blown opportunities. Honestly, this match would have blown away Rock/Hogan WM 18 at MSG with those crazy fans. Make it Hogan and Austin's legitimate last match as well? It would be legendary. You wouldn't have to turn any of them heel. Just let them go out and do what they do for the fans. The aura of the match would be the storyline. I even heard Rock wanted to do something with Randy Savage, but Vince balked. No need to turn this into what Mania XX's hype of a whole year had potential of.

Why does he even need to do that? Why can't he just retire and piss off. It's not like he needs the money [unless he has a very well hidden gambling problem or something].

So maybe that was him I saw in Vegas.

Although I didn't hear him talking to the machine. "Cmon, brother. Cmon, brother. I want some Crystal Sevens, dude!"

Actually, a REAL Hulkamaniac only plays Red, White & Blue, Triple Stars, and Uncle Sam

Where are these rumours?

They're in the same class as "Bret Hart coming in to lead the Invasion," "Yokozuna making his return," and "the 1st Ultimate Warrior is dead." They pop up from time to time regardless.

First off, I don't like Hogan at all. Never did, his returns haven't enticed me, and I really wouldn't want to see him more than one more appearance where he jobs.

That being said, Hogan has great timing, in that he comes back, stays until he gets stale, then goes away for a bit, coming back at the *right* time. I don't think the time is now or soon, but he'll be back. Hogan and Vince are too much alike to never see eye-to-eye on a situation where they think they'll be making money.

Allegedly Hogan/Austin didn't happen because Austin didn't want to do it, and it's improbable that it will ever happen, so get over it folks. :P

There's really no one I'd like to see Hogan have as an opponent in the current WWE anyway. Nobody really "fits" against him much anymore.

Nobody really "fits" against him much anymore.

They could have him job to Randy Orton. Especially if they want to counteract the face pops he's getting.

Not that *I'd* want to see that program, but it would make some sense. Just tell Hogan "you'll get the job back later" (and then try to keep a straight face).

They could have him job to Randy Orton. Especially if they want to counteract the face pops he's getting.

Not that *I'd* want to see that program, but it would make some sense. Just tell Hogan "you'll get the job back later" (and then try to keep a straight face).

Orton doesn't need it now, though. Beating Hogan (and roughing him up) helped Brock get over, but Orton's past that difficult acceptance stage and is drawing decent heat. It'd just be a waste to pay Hogan just to do that match/feud.

I'd say that, unfortunately, JBL would be a better opponent for Hogan. Well, at least it would be more like what Hogan is used to, anyway.

Guest CronoT

Gold, fucking gold.

Allegedly Hogan/Austin didn't happen because Austin didn't want to do it, and it's improbable that it will ever happen, so get over it folks. :P

There's really no one I'd like to see Hogan have as an opponent in the current WWE anyway.  Nobody really "fits" against him much anymore.

I've heard that rumour as well. However, if this is true then why did have a hissy fit about not getting main billing for WM 18? It's said he was upset at where he was placed and that he was asked to job for Hall(which would have been the storyline reason for the split when Vince cost him the match leading to the split). Then it was also said he didn't want to work with Nash, but after he returned he said him and Nash were friends. Austin took pictures with Hogan, Hall and Nash, so who the hell really knows. There was even an off camera storyline with Hogan and Austin I think.

I'm a Hogan mark(off and on through the years), but honestly he doesn't fit with the wwe today unless he does something as Flair is doing. He isn't going to do that, so he should sit home. I think Hogan's perfect timing to return would have been MSG and WM XX this year. The opening was there even in current storylines as that is the place Hogan got fired by Vince for showing his mask(and Hogan is/was actually playing that up as a shoot). That same show was also Roddy Piper's last appearance. That is why I think there were rumours that they would return for WM XX for months and months. I actually think it would have made more sense for Orton to be in a tag match against Hogan and Foley and use Piper at ringside to play off the first WrestleMania. Again, there were so many rumours and expectations for Mania it was ridiculous. I think the early promotion about it being the celebration of 20 years and that it would be the past/present/future colliding kind of set them up for a fall when Vince couldn't come to agreement with the past stars. We know it had to be that after the rumours of Vince talking to all the past stars fell through he changed gears towards "pushing the new talent". Hell, I remember the posts here had me all hyped and most of it didn't even happen except for Goldberg/Lesnar.

Orton doesn't need it now, though. Beating Hogan (and roughing him up) helped Brock get over, but Orton's past that difficult acceptance stage and is drawing decent heat. It'd just be a waste to pay Hogan just to do that match/feud.

I'd say that, unfortunately, JBL would be a better opponent for Hogan. Well, at least it would be more like what Hogan is used to, anyway.

Actually, I disagree. I think Orton could use a win over Hogan, especially if he dominated. No sold the hulk-up. Just completely owned his orange ass. Nobody has been allowed to do that.

Of course, Hogan would never allow that.

I really don't need Hogan back in 2004. I don't think there's any one thing they could so with him that I'd need to see. His match with The Rock was good enough, but I didn't need him and Vince.