TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mr. S£im Citrus

8/11 SWF Lockdown HOLT Report

The "Yeah, I know I skipped Storm; wanna make something out of it?" edition!

====================

SWF Lockdown HOLT report

August 11, 2004

Salt Lake City, Utah at Delta Center

Report by Gideon Sworden of Dammeron Valley, UT, Smartmarks.com reader

- I won! Kick ass! But, more on that later…

Dark Matches:

- Alan Clark and Petey the Irish Penguin beat Déjà Vu at 6:24 after Petey hit Kross with Penguin Pandemonium.

- Ebony beat Lobo by submission in a No-DQ match in 7:01 by trapping Lobo’s testicles in a pair of vice grips. Candace and Frisco were barred from ringside.

- “The Paladin” Chance Silver beat Ryan Dustin by forfeit when Dustin failed to show. Some of the guys sitting next to me said that Dustin has no-showed his last few house show bookings as well, and the word going around the IWC is that he may be dealing with a drinking problem.

- USJL Champion Manson beat Michael Craven at 10:46 with the Consequences in a non-title match.

- “Grand Slam” Mark Stevens beat Stryke in 8:22 with the Walk Off. Mark looked like he’s still trying to work himself back into ring shape, but it was an impressive win, even if it was against Stryke. Crowd was behind GS big time!

Lockdown:

- Judge scolded Bowers all the way back to the locker room; I don’t think I’ve ever seen a manager so unhappy about getting his first win.

- Mike Van Siclen and the Masked Man continued to yell at each other after the show went to break, both of them blaming the other for Cortez getting pinned. They got into another shoving match, nearly coming to blows before Cortez came to. Todd read both of them the riot act and then walked up the ramp by himself, leaving Maskosaurus and Van Siclen standing in the ring like a couple of dopes.

- There was a brief intermission after the Hardcore Contender’s match. Mak Francis hosted the ‘Countdown to Genesis’ giveaway, and I won! WHOO! Of course, I was a little let down when I found out that winning contest only entered me into a drawing to win the G5 tickets, that will take place on the last Smarkdown before the PPV. I did get some nice swag, though, including an autographed Megan Skye poster. W00t!

- By the way… that “We Want Ken” chant that you heard during the Street Fighter tag match? I started that…

- Loved the Cruiserweight match; not too crazy about Flesher… I’ll tell you one thing, though: for someone who doesn’t seem to care that much about the Cruiserweight Title, he sure puts in a lot of work to hold on to it…

- I’d like to go on record right now as saying that I could happily go the rest of my life without ever having to see Landon Maddix’s bare ass again! :throwup: I’m sure that Riley was happy to get the free show, though… ;)

As far as the match goes, another solid performance by these two, although you have to wonder how many more high-profile losses Johnny can take before Zed sends him back down to the midcard. I hope he gets back on track soon…

- Two things: first, Toxxic’s a punk. Secondly, DACE GOT JOBBED! Hall was TOTALLY late on the count after that Dangerous German! If I were Dace, I’d petition to have that guy fined and suspended!

I dunno, I guess I just hate Toxxic… frikkin’ Goth poser… I can’t wait until he gets his comeuppance!

Biggest Pops

1) Dace Night

2) “Grand Slam” Mark Stevens

3) Johnny Dangerous

4) Vladimir Everheart

5) Andrea Montgomery and Blanka

Most Heat

1) Toxxic

2) Landon Maddix

3) Tom Flesher

4) Revolution Zero

5) Ace Lezaire

- Two things: first, Toxxic’s a punk.

I dunno, I guess I just hate Toxxic… frikkin’ Goth poser…

Would someone care to explain to WC the difference between a punk and a Goth? Dace is a Goth. Aecas is a Goth. Toxxic is a punk. A slightly gothic punk, but a punk nonetheless.

And you can tell this because his entrance music is not done by a band called Death.

No sweat, Show; I didn't take it as "hating" anyway, but thanks for having my back.

Now, on the other hand, if Toxxic is really bent out of shape because a black guy in his late twenties doesn't know the difference between punk and Goth, then...

:: snickers ::

- Dub Cee

Besides, Dub Cee, it can just be passed off as the 'fan' not knowing his stereotypes or something, not that you don't know the difference. ;)

And you're doing Ebony proud with her testicular mashings of people. Huzzah!

There was a "We Want Ken" chant? Must have missed writing that one in.

Anyway, yay! I AMZ TEH POP!!

Also, I guess it does not matter that I know a black guy in his early twenties that knows the difference between a punk and a goth, what with him being kind of goth-y.

Yeah...BORT!

Bigger hooray for Stryke doing the job main eventing dark matches. Man, after I put you over like mad in my CF match... what a shame...

:)

No sweat, Show; I didn't take it as "hating" anyway, but thanks for having my back.

Now, on the other hand, if Toxxic is really bent out of shape because a black guy in his late twenties doesn't know the difference between punk and Goth, then...

:: snickers ::

- Dub Cee

Not at all, WC. I was merely attempting to educate you on the finer points of sub-cultural diversity ;)

Besides, both punk and goth have been around more or less as long as you...

(this reminds me of an Alexi Sayle lecture on kung-fu movies : 'Long white robes - goodie. Long white hair... baddie')

Nah, he doesn't skate or listen to Ska and ultra pop punk like Avril,

It's questionable how tr00 the character is, but that's another issue.

... Also, I guess it does not matter that I know a black guy in his early twenties that knows the difference between a punk and a goth, what with him being kind of goth-y...

Cool. You learn something new everyday... but, how many does that make? :huh: Hell, I know a brother who likes country music, chews tobacco and wears a cowboy hat... but that still only makes one...

And, not for nothing, but I think it bears pointing out that you said "early twenties" rather than "late twenties." While punk probably has been around as long as I have (or close enough not to quibble over), goth either hasn't, or wasn't even a blip on the radar when I was a teenager. I'd wager that hardly anyone living in the Chicago area in the mid-to-late eighties had heard of goth, at least not to the degree to which failing to identify the difference between it and punk would create a stir on any level.

Of course, I'm not very affluent on pop culture nowadays, and while the differences between goth and punk may be fairly obvious to someone who interacts with it more regularly, it's probably beyond my ken...

- Dub "hell, all y'all look alike, anyway" Cee

Of course, I'm not very affluent on pop culture nowadays

Most pop culture these days is effluent. I wouldn't get too worried about it.

On a similar note though, in all my time out at rock clubs (and that's a good five years' worth now) I've only seen about a dozen total non-white people. Asian, oriental, black, whatever. Yet go to a hip-hop club and EVERYONE'S into it.

Bizarre, considering it sucks.

Of course, I'm not very affluent on pop culture nowadays

Most pop culture these days is effluent. I wouldn't get too worried about it.

On a similar note though, in all my time out at rock clubs (and that's a good five years' worth now) I've only seen about a dozen total non-white people. Asian, oriental, black, whatever. Yet go to a hip-hop club and EVERYONE'S into it.

Bizarre, considering it sucks.

:: shrugs ::

I guess that's why they say that one man's ceiling is another man's floor. I happen to think that hip-hop does not, in fact, suck, whereas I could only see myself listening to more than five minutes of punk rock and/or death metal if I were being held at gunpoint.