TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dazed

The OAO SummerSlam 2004 Thread

Guest Staravenger

A commercial break during Dupree/RVD....now thats a slap in the face. How often do Heat matches LAST long enough for a commercial break?

Awesome video package.

One of the best opening hype-up videos they've ever done.

I thought it was okay, but I've liked a lot of others more.

Nice that they covered the majority of the matches, though no mention of the six man. :bonk:

Six man tag is first, though!

Guest Staravenger

I think the 6-Man Tag was entertaining, although short (somehwere in the neighborhood of 7:00). Crowd didn't get going until London got in and starting doing his stuff, and then of course, the hot ending.

Kane vs. Hardy is next?

Pretty decent end to the match. Dudleys win it after a 3-D to Kidman at 8:00. Story of the match is how Spike is now the "boss" of the Dudleys. **1/2

Of course it was obvious the Dudleys would win after Michael Cole said "this was is gonna be over!" after Misterio hit the 619.

Guest Bitterness the Star

Thank you WWE for giving us a match that could very well have been an all-out spotfest, considering that it contained four cruiserweights, but wasn't.

Although I am kind of pissed that I tipped incorrectly.

Must say that I appreciated the crowd knowing that the 3-D was coming and their genuine show of appreciation for London's big dive.

Holy shit, did you all hear what Jerry Lawler just said?

I don't see a squash, especially if Matt's going on a 6-8 month hiatus. Should be quite well-fought.

I'm glad WWE is doing the right thing by getting this shit over with early in the telecast.

Guest Staravenger

Hardy is legally DEAD from that. Actually another entertaining match. Matt had his working boots on, and Kane was willing to sell for him. Only about 6:00 though. ** says I.

If they want Benoit to lose the title tonight, they should have had the faces win the opener. You can't have heels win meaningless matches when the overwhelming crowd favorite will lose.

Who knows. Hopefully Benoit keeps the title.

Jason

Kane vs. Hardy: Matt uses a first rope side effect, a guillotine leg drop, and a tornado DDT early. Kane comes back with the usual. Hardy hits a cross body over the top to the floor and then a Twist of Fate on the floor. Matt used the ring bell and got 2. Kane countered another Twist of Fate to a big boot. Cool spot where Kane chokeslams Matt off the top rope for the win at 6:30. Matt worked really hard in this match, especially with the condition his knee is in. **-ish probably.

Holy shit, did you all just hear what Jerry Lawler just said?

Nope, I was in the bathroom...what?

"J.R., this is better than Days of our Lives, or As the World Turns... It's like a sordid soap opera, except... it's real!"

Must say that I quite enjoyed Hardy/Kane. Short as it was, it told an excellent story and got Kane over the way that he should be.

I'm seeking refuge - I don't think that I can bear Lita's "shock".

Looks like, after this result, there could be a surprise for Trips/Eugene.

Guest Bradshaw's Rape Victim

Matches like this are why I hope McMahon keeps trying to have a realistic direction to storylines. "You impregnated my girlfriend while essentially raping her and I demand satisfaction! You better get your ass to the Air Canada Center in Toronto on August 15th at approximately 8pm. We're going to put on tights, lace up our boots and pretend to fight in front of 20,000 people and a pay per view audience. AND I'll give you my girlfriend's hand in marriage if you can pin my shoulders to a blue canvas for a three count."

I'm baffled as to how other writers could have missed such a great plot device. Imagine if Shakespeare would have had Hamlet and Laertes settle that whole "you killed my father" tiff with a hardcore match hitting each other with cookie sheets instead that pussy fencing thing. Instead of Montressor bricking Fortunato into that wall, Poe could have them headline a major PPV in a "Catacombs of Venice" match with the winner getting to keep the cask of amontillado. Would have made a classic even better.

Guest Staravenger
Oh, I'm not doing so well, predictions wise. 0 for 2.

If all the heels are winning now, does that mean Benoit might win? Or Taker?

If we take Backlash 2002 into consideration, the face wins in the main event. (at Backlash, all the heels won except Hogan in the ME)

Cena vs. Booker T is up next.