TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dazed

The OAO SummerSlam 2004 Thread

Toronto hates Edge now, I guess its because they found out he really lives in Tampa. :P

Forget about worrying if you could turn Edge in his hometown, they hate him already.

Wow, the crowd has totally turned on Edge....The worst case of face getting booed I may have ever seen.

It's to the point that he may have to play heel for the rest of the match

Guest Staravenger

More vicious boos for Edge beating up Batista. GIVE BATISTA THE IC TITLE!

Guest Tjhe CyNick

Edge is not big here in Toronto.

I remember being at Mania in 2002 and he got virtually no reaction for his entrance. He got a slight pop for his win, but it wasn't any bigger than any of the other mid card guys on the show.

WWE probably assumed he would be a huge face, but he's just not that loved, just like evrywhere else. I avtually predicted he would get booed against Jericho, wasn't sure about Batista though.

When your own hometown doesn't go for you, it can't get any worse than that. :lol:

Guest Staravenger

Edge wins.....yay. Whats with all of these short matches? I don't think I wanna see 30 minutes of Eugene/HHH and UT/Bradshaw each.

bleh, these matches have all been decent, but too short for PPV. if diva dodgeball gets more time that this past match, im gonna be pissed. it kinda ended out of nowhere.

Edge vs. Jericho vs. Batista: The crowd just totally shits on Edge here, chanting "We want Christian" and booing him like crazy. Lots of nearfalls, with Jericho getting the Walls on Edge, and Jericho getting a roll up on Edge for 2. Edge wins it with the spear on Jericho at 9:00. This match showed what a difference a hot crowd makes. I think it's clear they have to turn Edge heel now. **1/2

Woohoo, now Edge has the honor of being the only other guy besides Shawn Michaels to retain the IC title at SummerSlam. :headbang:

1 - 3 for me so far

Edge wins.....yay. Whats with all of these short matches? I don't think I wanna see 30 minutes of Eugene/HHH and UT/Bradshaw each.

Ironwomen Dodgeball

Actually I think Angle/Eddie and Benoit/Orton will get more close to half hour and Trips/Eugene will get 20 minutes plus.

Guest Bitterness the Star

Well, the crowd were certainly interesting - they were making a special effort to cheer for Jericho and not for Edge - it seemed for a second there that Edge was taking House Show advice and going with the flow.

So far, I'm 3-1 in tips. Unfortunately, there was nothing there to hint at a further Jericho/Edge feud.

Fanatic Series showing WrestleMania XX all month? Um, ok.

Angle and Guerrero are getting put under Diva Dodgeball? Whatever, I do like the way that that we've got two hours left and four important matches remaining.

Guest Staravenger
Woohoo, now Edge has the honor of being the only other guy besides Shawn Michaels to retain the IC title at SummerSlam. :headbang:

1 - 3 for me so far

...Are you shitting me? In 16 previous Summerslams, only HBK has retained the IC Title? :huh:

...Are you shitting me? In 16 previous Summerslams, only HBK has retained the IC Title?

2 times as a matter of fact. :lol: