TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dazed

The OAO SummerSlam 2004 Thread

Matches like this are why I hope McMahon keeps trying to have a realistic direction to storylines. "You impregnated my girlfriend while essentially raping her and I demand satisfaction! You better get your ass to the Air Canada Center in Toronto on August 15th at approximately 8pm. We're going to put on tights, lace up our boots and pretend to fight in front of 20,000 people and a pay per view audience. AND I'll give you my girlfriend's hand in marriage if you can pin my shoulders to a blue canvas for a three count."

I'm baffled as to how other writers could have missed such a great plot device. Imagine if Shakespeare would have had Hamlet and Laertes settle that whole "you killed my father" tiff with a hardcore match hitting each other with cookie sheets instead that pussy fencing thing. Instead of Montressor bricking Fortunato into that wall, Poe could have them headline a major PPV in a "Catacombs of Venice" match with the winner getting to keep the cask of amontillado. Would have made a classic even better.

Great post. :lol:

That was a damn good lookin chokeslam.

Guest Bitterness the Star

So far, my tips are at 1-1. Let's hope the left column goes up.

Chimel is hilarious: "Jyyyyyooooohhhhhn Cena."

Cena v. Booker next.

This match is so meaningless, although this may give us another "read" into who will win the Benoit match, so to speak. Of course, odds are I'm reading into things too much anyway.

Jason

Are they actually going to have Cena / Booker do all 5 matches right now?!! If not, it would be dumb for Cena to win just one match and get no title on a big PPV IMO.

So me and a friend were gonna go to Hooters to watch the show but it was way too packed so we split the cost headed back to the apartment and got the show. It'll probably end up being cheaper.

Guest Staravenger
Are they actually going to have Cena / Booker do all 5 matches right now?!! If not, it would be dumb for Cena to win just one match and get no title on a big PPV IMO.

Just Match #1 tonight.

Guest Staravenger

Cena wins meaningless match #1, and I think I picked him.

I wasn't feeling this match at all. And now my theory for Benoit is out the window...

Booker T vs. John Cena: Crowd is pretty dead. Cena hits the Throwback early on. Harlem sidekick by Booker, into a chinlock. Booker hits a spinebuster. He hits a flapjack on Cena and does the Spinaroonie but Cena hits the FU for the win at 5:45. Boring match. *

Michael Cole's been pretty damn lousy tonight. The funny thing about it though is everytime he has messed up tonight, Tazz has called him out on it and made him look dumb.

stupid ass digital cable was fucking up the ppv so i had to order the webcast, which is a shame because i was going to tape it and everything. FUCK DIGITAL CABLE.

That was fucking stupid. Five falls right then and there would make perfect sense, because WWE have done that kind of thing in the past.

Guest SpiderFan

Planting the seeds of Raw vs. SD! at Survivor Series? I'd be interested, if they can pull it off.

Guest Staravenger

Bischoff/Long confrontation. At least Bischoff is still around.

DIVA DODGEBALL TIME! (toilet flushes)

Edit: Nevermind. BATISTA TIME!

Well, the crowd are pretty damn dead. They didn't even give more than a Raw pop for Edge until Lillian reminded the crowd that he comes from Toronto.

What happened with Long/Bischoff?

From 411's report

Teddy Long in the back, and Eric Bishoff comes in. He wants to wish Long luck in his new position. Bishoff says every time there is a joint PPV, there is a new SD GM. He wants to give him advice. Enjoy the job, because by the next joint PPV, there will be someone else in Long’s job. Bishoff says, nothing personal, just reality. Long says if Eugene leaves Raw, he will take him right away, as well as any other super star that wants to leave.

What happened with Long/Bischoff?

Bischoff said Teddy would be gone by the next PPV, Survivor Series. Long said he would sign any RAW superstar who was sick of Bischoff.