TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dazed

The OAO SummerSlam 2004 Thread

Guest Bitterness the Star

That was the strangest fucking thing I've ever seen.

Sure, I liked the quick pace in that it showed their animosity for eachother, but why was Eddy so hell-bent on taking out of Angle's repertoire? Why did Eddy almost no-sell the Angle Slam early on? Why did Angle almost no-sell the Frog Splash at the end there?

I'm still scratching my head as to whether or not it betters their WrestleMania XX contest.

Shit, an hour and fifteen minutes on an eight-match card and five matches gone by already, about to hit the sixth. I'm frightened.

3-2 in tips.

What the hell??? HHH vs. Eugene is on BEFORE Diva Dodgeball?

Maybe they've set up the show to be like WrestleMania X-8 was...

The women's match just before the final title match?

Guest SpiderFan

At this rate, Diva Dodgeball is going to main event, and the PPV will be over soon.

Guest Staravenger
Haha! HHH has to go on before the Divas!

Trish is holding down Triple H, Kurt Angle, Eddie Guerrero, Rob Van Dam, John Cena, Rene Dupree, Booker T, The Dudleyz, Red Mysterio, Paul London, Billy Kidman, Kane, Matt Hardy, and Eugene.

I'd go around *** to *** 1/4 for that match. It was good, but I feel they should've had a lot more time and were rushed. The double ankle lock and Angle taking off Eddie's boot to make sure it doesn't end like Mania was pretty cool though.

This Eugene/Trips video package is one of the best they've ever done.

Looking back on it now, the Eddie/Angle match that took place tonight would have been far better suited for the WrestleMania storyline. Tonight's match looked like both guys actually wanted to hurt each other - and that's what the March storyline was all about. And vice-versa. The match at WrestleMania would have fit the SummerSlam storyline much better. The August storyline has just been about proving who was better, and the technical aspect of the WrestleMania XX match would have fit in well here.

Either way, Eddie/Angle was still a very good match tonight.

I have a sickening feeling that we're gonna be forced to watch girls throwing rubber balls at each other for about 25-30 minutes.

I wouldn't mind if it wasn't a wrestling event I'm watching ;)

I'm sure the last two RAW matches will get LOTS of time, and Taker/JBL will go fairly long too.

I really don't care about HHH/Eugene, even after this great video package.

Hmmm...anyone else think the crowd will boo the HELL out of Eugene?

Guest Bitterness the Star

Well, any rumours as to Triple H getting the main event spot are out the window.

Should be interesting to see which title match does get it.

Guest Tjhe CyNick

Yeah I think the Diva thing is just there as a break between the two World Title matches.

I have a sickening feeling that we're gonna be forced to watch girls throwing rubber balls at each other for about 25-30 minutes.

I wouldn't mind if it wasn't a wrestling event I'm watching ;)

I have a sickening feeling that we're gonna be forced to watch The Undertaker and JBL wrestle each other for 25-30 minutes.

I wouldn't mind if it wasn't a wrestling event I'm watching.

I've enjoyed the PPV, and have loved the crowd what with their booing Edge and cheering Angle.

Now we get to see what Eugene can really do in a high profile match. This match will say a lot for the guy. I expect HHH to bump his tail off for Eugene also, so this should be very interesting, if not very good as well.

Yeah I think the Diva thing is just there as a break between the two World Title matches.

Makes sense. Just like how they use women's matches for the past three years at Wrestlemania.

How are the reactions for Trips/Eugene?

Guest Staravenger

Maybe they'll stick in a bathroom break match since they've got a lot of time left. I think the Divas garbage is only going to be around 5:00, so no need to worry about thats length. I honestly don't see Taker vs. JBL going more than 15:00, and Eugene vs. HHH going more than 20:00. That leaves about 45 minutes for Benoit vs. Orton.

I wouldn't mind if it wasn't a wrestling event I'm watching  ;)

I have a sickening feeling that we're gonna be forced to watch The Undertaker and JBL wrestle each other for 25-30 minutes.

I wouldn't mind if it wasn't a wrestling event I'm watching.

LOL :lol:

Good one, I agree

Guest Tjhe CyNick
Well, any rumours as to Triple H getting the main event spot are out the window.

Should be interesting to see which title match does get it.

Right now, it seems like the RAW title match will end the show. They seem to be rotating SD and RAW match for match.

The only way I can see JBL-Taker going last is if Taker is getting the title. Whereas with Benoit-Orton I can see either finish ending the show. If Orton wins, its the only title change on the show and Orton becomes the youngest champ blah blah blah. If Benoit wins, in theory that will send the crowd home happy (unless they cheer for Orton).

When was the last time HHH wasn't in the Main Event slot (Not counting Royal Rumbles)

Guest SpiderFan

Crowd boo's Eugene for breaking up an attempted Suplex from the apron threw the announce table.

And cheers HHH for faking a knee injury to sucker Eugene in.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Sorry guys, but Eugene fucking sucks. I expected his gimmick to get old about 4 weeks ago, its about time.