TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Angle-plex

The Undertaker vs John Bradhaw Layfield

The only matches as of now that I'd even consider being worse than Taker/JBL would be Taker/HHH, Show/Bossman and Diesel/Mabel.

Although I'm still not sure that any one of those is worse than the ClotheslineMania we got Sunday night.

Guest Super Pissed Smark
Sid vs Bret Hart in a cage on RAW.  The one where Austin, The Undertaker, And Shawn Michaels came out, sucked real bad.

That's crazy talk. Bret Hart saying "This is bullshit!" live on the air immediately after the match makes it a **** minimum as far as I'm concerned.

Kane vs Undertaker from Judgement Day 1998 was terrible.

Taker/Farooq from King of the Ring 1997 wasn't much better.

Then there's the Diesel/Sid anti-classics from 1995.

Warrior/Slaughter from Royal Rumble 91 was very bad, but the wicked sceptre shot from Savage was cool.

Bob Backlund/Diesel from 1994 went 8 seconds, which automatically makes it a candidate for this.

Guest syncer55

big show VS bossman gets my vote also.

too bad both of them may never get a chance to do it again.

Hogan. Yoko.

Take your pick from KOTR '93 or WM IX.

Taker/JBL is certainly nowhere near worst "WWE Title Match Ever" stature. The terrible crowd made that, and the rest of Summerslam, look worse than it really was.

Undertaker/Sid wasn't so much bad as it was downright boring.

There is no way in hell that this match was the worst title match ever. Taker really tried hard, despite the odds, and a sub-par match resulted. Nothing great, but I liked the near falls towards the end.

Like many have said - there have been much worse.

Guest croweater

While I still don't buy JBL as a champ, the match between him and Taker wasn't that bad. Slightly boring with a DQ finish you could see coming a mile away, but overall a pretty good effort by both of the guys involved.

Guest Dynamite Kido
While I still don't buy JBL as a champ, the match between him and Taker wasn't that bad. Slightly boring with a DQ finish you could see coming a mile away, but overall a pretty good effort by both of the guys involved.

WHAT? The match was terrible. It would have been bad enough regardless, but the WWE Title match? FUCKING GARBAGE. YOU SHOULD BE PISSED....THEY CHARGED YOU MONEY TO WATCH SHIT. UT fanned a punch and nothing they did in the ring was actually worth a shit. Sad thing is, as much as I hate JBL.......he was bumping for UT and flopping all over the ring. Taker fucked this match more than JBL did, and IMO......is the person responsible for making the shit that was the WWE title match.

Guest thebigjig

I think this backlash against Taker/Bradshaw is a bit silly... were you guys actually expecting Benoit/Sasuke here??

Everyone knew the match wasn't going to be great from the very moment it became apparent that the two would face each other.

I was mildly entertained by the match because it was better than I thought it would be. Of course it wasn't good enough to justify buying the pay per view for, but I wasn't expecting it to be in the first place... so why make a big deal out of it?

It seems like nobody remembers that damn match. The setting was Monday Night Raw, somewhere during Big Show's first title reign. The match was against Viscera. It was really bad, but also really strange because it was looking like both superheavyweights were channeling the spirit of Rey Mysterio Jr.

Viscera hit Show with a spinning heel kick. Big Show kicked out, and decided to climb to the top turnbuckle. The third rope was almost touching the floor, and Big Show finally jumped about two feet away to hit Viscera with a Missile Dropkick. This move finished the match.

It lasted all of five minutes, but that short period of time made me feel like I was in an episode of Twilight Zone. It was still really bad though.

Guest Mindless_Aggression

Big Show/ Viscera from Raw is shockingly decent, I swear to you it is. Spin wheel kick! Super drop kicks! Samoan drops! Mega powerslam! It may be the only huge obese fat man spotfest in the history of the business.

Big Show/ Viscera from Raw is shockingly decent, I swear to you it is. Spin wheel kick! Super drop kicks! Samoan drops! Mega powerslam! It may be the only huge obese fat man spotfest in the history of the business.

I saw it live and well, it sucked in my opinion, but I see what you mean. It sure as hell was special, and for an obese men spotfest, it was good.

I think this backlash against Taker/Bradshaw is a bit silly... were you guys actually expecting Benoit/Sasuke here??

Everyone knew the match wasn't going to be great from the very moment it became apparent that the two would face each other.

I was mildly entertained by the match because it was better than I thought it would be. Of course it wasn't good enough to justify buying the pay per view for, but I wasn't expecting it to be in the first place... so why make a big deal out of it?

The "We didn't expect it to be good so it's ok if it wasn't" excuse doesn't cut it. This was the second biggest PPV of the year for the WWE Title and yet JBL and Taker STILL can't pull anything decent out of their asses. NOBODY buys JBL as champion yet and to have a damn DQ finish makes this match even worse. Undertaker's "I only sell the leg when I feel like it" psychology SUCKED, and the crowd at SummerSlam obviously agreed. I can't believe I actually PAID to see that match.

The worst WWF title match I can recall was on a Raw taping from 1995. I dunno if this match was actually ON Raw or whether it was the non televised main event. Anyway it was Diesel/Sid in a cage. They spent 20 mins putting the cage up, and then Nash and Sid dicked around for 5 mins or so before Nash kicks him in the face and pinned him. We were all PISSED!

Guest thebigjig

The "We didn't expect it to be good so it's ok if it wasn't" excuse doesn't cut it. This was the second biggest PPV of the year for the WWE Title and yet JBL and Taker STILL can't pull anything decent out of their asses. NOBODY buys JBL as champion yet and to have a damn DQ finish makes this match even worse. Undertaker's "I only sell the leg when I feel like it" psychology SUCKED, and the crowd at SummerSlam obviously agreed. I can't believe I actually PAID to see that match.

But thats the thing... did you PAY to see THAT match, or did you PAY to see Benoit/Orton and everything else?

Because if you paid to see Taker/JBL and were actually expecting it to be good... then that perhaps says something

However, I thought the match was decent and better than I expected it to be. I paid for SummerSlam and I wasn't expecting to see a **** match from f'ing Undertaker and JBL, and if you were expecting that, then you're a fool

The highlight was when JBL was lying by the steps and UT went to punch him, and stopped about a foot short. There's been worse. I also was in a notable state of disbelief when UT got up from the second clothesline as if it were, well, just a clothesline.

Guest thebigjig
The highlight was when JBL was lying by the steps and UT went to punch him, and stopped about a foot short. There's been worse. I also was in a notable state of disbelief when UT got up from the second clothesline as if it were, well, just a clothesline.

at least JBL didn't sell it

Taker/Yoko. Royal Rumble 94.

Beat that.

Really though, that match is great for it's comedic value. Plus, Taker and Yoko were given what, five minutes before the 25 man run in started? It's hard to make a five minute match above DUD. Taker and Bradshaw, however, were given TWENTY minutes to do something remotely interesting and couldn't.

I don't even know why Boss Man / Big Show gets voted, the match didn't even last 4 minutes. :P

Don't forget Brock Lesnar vs. Big Show from Survivor Series 2002. 4:00 World Title Match that shouldn't get anything more than a big fat DUD. I'm shocked they had good matches at Rumble & J-Day 2003, considering Anyone/Show usually ends up sucking because of the fat guy vs. not-fat guy style.

That's not really fair. Lesnar working through a broken rib at Survivor Series 2002.

Guest Staravenger
Don't forget Brock Lesnar vs. Big Show from Survivor Series 2002. 4:00 World Title Match that shouldn't get anything more than a big fat DUD. I'm shocked they had good matches at Rumble & J-Day 2003, considering Anyone/Show usually ends up sucking because of the fat guy vs. not-fat guy style.

That's not really fair. Lesnar working through a broken rib at Survivor Series 2002.

Cancel the Match. Have Show attack Brock before the match and hospitalize him. Of course the crowd would've been pissed off, but a 4:00 World Title (at the time, the REAL World Title) Match leaves a bad taste.

Hogan/Yokozuna from WM IX should get a vote. 0:22 long, wasn't even a scheduled match, and the title was put on someone who didn't defend it for TWO MONTHS, meaning the IC Title probably headlined moist house shows.